Juan & Cami

Beneficiary sent me money, will this be viewed as bad?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I have been very worried lately because my fiance (the beneficiary) had some money saved up which he sent to me so I can buy our wedding rings. He sent me $1000 to buy some matching heart wedding rings that we had been wanting for forever. I don't work so I couldn't pay for them, so he sent me money a few days before I sent the package (we wanted to include the receipt in our petition).

Will they be able to see that he sent me a money transfer through Western Union? and will they think he paid me to file the petition? I really hope not :(

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Couples transfer money all the time. Some even use it as evidence of a "bona-fide" relationship. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Edit- I thought only old people lived in Naples.:lol:

Edited by Operator

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Couples transfer money all the time. Some even use it as evidence of a "bona-fide" relationship. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I really hope that's true! I normally see that the petitioner sending money to the beneficiary is used as evidence...but since in this case my beneficiary sent me money, I really hope they don't use it as an excuse to say he is paying me off :(

And yes there are lots of old people here! It's very calm I love it ^.^

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If it is ever questioned I would think that the western union receipt could be matched with the receipt for the rings. Maybe your regional forum could provide some information to ease your concerns.

My Dad lives in Naples, we visited in February, loverly place!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Old people live in Naples, their parents live in St Pete.

Money transfers are bad news at some consulates, I have not heard that Uruguay is one of them. Ask others that have used this consulate. At consulates where it is NOT a red flag it is usually of little value as evidence of relationship and there is no need to mention it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

some say is good some say its bad. my (then)fiance was sending me money every couple weeks cause i wasnt working and i was into college and he was actually supporting me. i took the western union receipts as proof when i had my interview and everything was perfect. but of course there are some consulates in this world that are just messed up and for them everything is a red flag

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.