egon645

K-1 Visa for Egypt

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Send them to your fiance, as well as originals of the NOA1 package.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you all for the comments and advice. What forms/paperwork can I go ahead and get started on before the petition gets to the Consulate?? Also, does anyone know if I will be needing to provide any information to the NVC once they receive the petition? I have read in certain places that they require some things from the "petitioner" before forwarding the application to the Embassy. Is this true or False??

Send them to your fiance, as well as originals of the NOA1 package.

Peter, you and I are in very similar places with our timelines. Care to start a dialogue to share things we are doing/could be doing??

Timeline

Thank you all for the comments and advice. What forms/paperwork can I go ahead and get started on before the petition gets to the Consulate?? Also, does anyone know if I will be needing to provide any information to the NVC once they receive the petition? I have read in certain places that they require some things from the "petitioner" before forwarding the application to the Embassy. Is this true or False??

Egon645 if you are the petitioner you will find what you need if you read the instructions of form I-134 (affidavit of support), a letter from your bank showing how many deposits, how much money you have in your account, you will need an employment letter showing the date when you started to work , if your job is temporary or permanent, last year tax return is another thing you will need, and the affidavit of support, if you are applying for a K1 visa the form is the I-134. about your question....I don't think that's true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nothing is needed from you at NVC. When the embassy in Egypt receives your file from NVC , the embassy in Cairo will send the fiance in Egypt a Packet 3 with forms to fill out and where to get the medical exam...At the interview your fiance will need copies from "you the USC" of the complete I129F package you sent to USCIS. A copy of the NOA1 & NOA2. The I-134 complete with tax transcripts and info as stated above in the previous reply..., Any photos you may have that the fiance dont have of you together.any of the emails, phone records etc..showing ( evidence) the ongoing relationship. If you have been married before then a certified copy of the divorce degree is needed at the interview . If I left anything out someone else chime in...

Here's a link to help with some of your questions... This will help you alot http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Egypt&cty=Cairo

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

As of April 13, 2012 there's a new Visa Processing Fee for K-1 $240.00 , no longer $350.00 to be paid at the interview. A great saving, we paid $350.....here's the link http://www.visajourney.com/news/

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In this case I am the petitioner, the consulate will send the packet 3 to my fiance in Egypt, right?, but me (as a petiotioner) what I have to do now?, the form I-134, letter of the bank, income tax return, etc, what I have to do with all those papers?, do I have to send it to my fiance in Egypt?

Thanks for your reply!, I am very confused and nervous, I want to do everything right.

Yes it will be sent to your fiance in Egypt not to you. you ll need to send him an original employer letter from wherever u work states when u started work with them and states annual salary, last 3 years of IRS tax return forms and last 3 years of W2 forms. and any other financial documents u stated on I-134.and letter of intent with new date that's not a necessity but its better for him to have that and he will send these documents off to them when he get the packet 3. of course u ll send these stuff to him via Express Mail like DHL or FedEx never via normal US post because he ll never receive them if u send them via normal mail. Good luck

K1 visa process
06/08/2011 I-129 sent
06/11/2011 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)
09/23/2011 I-129F NOA2 (Approved)
10/11/2011 Package Received By NVC
10/11/2011 Package Left From NVC
10/16/2011 Received By Consulate
10/20/2011 Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)
11/09/2011 Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)
01/21/2012 Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)
02/21/2012 Interview Date (K1 Visa)
02/21/2012 Interview Result Approved
02/29/2012 K1 Visa Received

03/16/2012 US Entry
03/19/2012 Marriage

Our AOS process
03/29/2012 AOS I-485/ EAD I-765/ AP I-131 filed
04/04/2012 NOA1 for AOS/ EAD/ AP
04/23/2012 Case transferred
05/08/2012 Biometric Appt Date for AOS and EAD
06/01/2012 EAD and Ap approved
06/09/2012 EAD and Ap combo card received
08/24/2012 AOS Approved
09/09/2012 Green Card received with no interview

Removing Conditions

05/27/2014 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

05/30/2014 Package Received

06/02/2014 NOA1

07/07/2014 Biometrics Appointment

12/01/2014 case transferred for California service center

01/13/2015 Second Biometrics appointment

01/23/2015 case approved

01/31/2015 Card Received

Filed: Timeline

My Egyptian brother.

I have a very nice suggestion for you to save all that hassle if you have a B1/B2 Visa.

If you have a B1/B2 Visa just travel to United States and marry your fiancee there in U.S on your B1/B2 Visa.

Then apply for Adjustment Of Status Package I485 along with I130 after your marriage and getting your marriage certificate in hand.

You need some sort of paper work such as Marriage certificate , Birth certificate for both of you , previous divorce decrees if anyone of you are previously married and divorced , Affidavit of support I864 and etc.

Adjusting status from Non Immigrant visa to green card takes 2-3 months if all your paperwork is fine.

If your documents are straight forward and complete it can take with you 4-5 weeks to get an initial work permit called EAD (Employment Authorization Card + Advance Parole (Travel Document) this will allow you two apply for SSN and to be eligible to work legally in United States while you are waiting for your Green card interview date which you will wait only 1 month from the EAD date of issue.

However , so far brother K1 visa is a prerequisite of Adjustment of Status.

If you have a B1/B2 visa just travel and good luck just don't mention that you are intending to marry and enter as business visitor or a tourist and after 1 month marry your fiancee there and during the green card interview just clarify that you were not intending to marry before you enter the country and you fell in love with her and in a moment of a sudden just married and there was no preconceived intention to get married before your admission to U.S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Egyptian brother.

I have a very nice suggestion for you to save all that hassle if you have a B1/B2 Visa.

If you have a B1/B2 Visa just travel to United States and marry your fiancee there in U.S on your B1/B2 Visa.

Then apply for Adjustment Of Status Package I485 along with I130 after your marriage and getting your marriage certificate in hand.

You need some sort of paper work such as Marriage certificate , Birth certificate for both of you , previous divorce decrees if anyone of you are previously married and divorced , Affidavit of support I864 and etc.

Adjusting status from Non Immigrant visa to green card takes 2-3 months if all your paperwork is fine.

If your documents are straight forward and complete it can take with you 4-5 weeks to get an initial work permit called EAD (Employment Authorization Card + Advance Parole (Travel Document) this will allow you two apply for SSN and to be eligible to work legally in United States while you are waiting for your Green card interview date which you will wait only 1 month from the EAD date of issue.

If you have a B1/B2 visa just travel and good luck just don't mention that you are intending to marry and enter as business visitor or a tourist and after 1 month marry your fiancee there and during the green card interview just clarify that you were not intending to marry before you enter the country and you fell in love with her and in a moment of a sudden just married and there was no preconceived intention to get married before your admission to U.S

:unsure: Isn't that fraud

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

My Egyptian brother.

:unsure: Isn't that fraud

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: Timeline

It's not a fraud as long as you marriage is a bona-fide marriage.

I didn't say to the gentle man go find any woman pay her 10K$ and let her do paperwork and then divorce her.

I can tell you anyone has a B1/B2 visa and wish to marry U.S Citizen it's better to apply on b2 to speed up the process.

K1 visa is a very complicated and long route for any applicant.

K1 visa interview is very difficult and you need many proves that you are tied to your fiancee that includes text messages , sms , IM (Chats) , photos that you have hanged out together , shared accounts , call log , e-mails and etc.

while the green card only needs shared lease/bank account/bills along with marriage ceremony photos only.

K1 Interview is very competitive and in many cases people fails to be approved.

I know many people adjusted their status on b2 visa and it definitely works.

It's not scam mate it's one of the U.S benefits you could use.

If it's a scam why they allow the option of in country adjusting from a non immigrant visa to a permanent resident.

K1 Visa also is very expensive and more paper work.

Otherwise K1 visa grant you only I-94 Arrival for up to 90 days maximum and you should be applying and everything thing within 90 days.

In some states you may not get your marriage certificate up to 4-6 months depending on which state you are willing to marry.

However , B2 usually grants you I-94 stay up to 6 months 180 days so it's more than enough to make all your paper work while you are staying legal in the country and doesn't make you inadmissible to U.S.

Timeline

Just because people do it, doesn't mean it is not fraud.

It is FRAUD and you can get a lifetime ban from USA for it if they can prove you planned a marriage.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I didn't say to the gentle man go find any woman pay her 10K$ and let her do paperwork and then divorce her.

I can tell you anyone has a B1/B2 visa and wish to marry U.S Citizen it's better to apply on b2 to speed up the process.

K1 visa interview is very difficult and you need many proves that you are tied to your fiancee that includes text messages , sms , IM (Chats) , photos that you have hanged out together , shared accounts , call log , e-mails and etc.

while the green card only needs shared lease/bank account/bills along with marriage ceremony photos only.

If it's a scam why they allow the option of in country adjusting from a non immigrant visa to a permanent resident.

Otherwise K1 visa grant you only I-94 Arrival for up to 90 days maximum and you should be applying and everything thing within 90 days.

In some states you may not get your marriage certificate up to 4-6 months depending on which state you are willing to marry.

However , B2 usually grants you I-94 stay up to 6 months 180 days so it's more than enough to make all your paper work while you are staying legal in the country and doesn't make you inadmissible to U.S.

IT IS FRAUD. You MUST NOT use a non-immigrant visa for thepurposes of immigration. Actually someone here- from Egypt- recently was denied AOS and had a Stokes interview thanks to that. DO NOT give fraudulent advise to others, please.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So your advice is; if you want to get married to a US citizen forget the K-1 all together and just get a B-2 come to the US get married and then AOS? Should people tell the CBP officer that the purpose of their visit is to get married or should they just not mention that part?

Man I feel so stupid for wasting all this time and money.

Edited by Operator

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.