csadangi

US Visa pending

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi,

I applied for US visa at US embassy Stockholm, Sweden to visit my friend in Houston on April 3.

I am an Indian by origin and i am doing my masters in biology from Uppsala University.

Everything went on smoothly but at the end the VO gave me a white paper which stated that my visa was denied under section 221g and i need to submit my CV for further processing of my visa. I asked for my passport back but she said that she would require it to stamp the visa and they would courier it to me.

Now, it has been 10 days (excluding the easter holidays)and haven't heard anything from them. Moreover, they didn't give me any case number to track my visa. Any idea how long do i need to wait for the visa?

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I applied for US visa at US embassy Stockholm, Sweden to visit my friend in Houston on April 3.

I am an Indian by origin and i am doing my masters in biology from Uppsala University.

Everything went on smoothly but at the end the VO gave me a white paper which stated that my visa was denied under section 221g and i need to submit my CV for further processing of my visa. I asked for my passport back but she said that she would require it to stamp the visa and they would courier it to me.

Now, it has been 10 days (excluding the easter holidays)and haven't heard anything from them. Moreover, they didn't give me any case number to track my visa. Any idea how long do i need to wait for the visa?

If you sent the CV in and haven't heard anything, I could call, email, or contact the embassy however you can to ask.

Timeline

I e-mailed them today but i guess it was an automated response and it said

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is pending administrative processing. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact time estimate when it will be finished. We will contact you as soon as we know the outcome of your case.

this was the same response i got when i submitted my cv.

What else can i possibly do?

Timeline

Hi,

Now, it has been 10 days (excluding the easter holidays)and haven't heard anything from them. Moreover, they didn't give me any case number to track my visa and they have my passport. Any idea how long do i need to wait for the visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have read that others put in AP can take 1-2 months to get passport/visa back, but I would email Stockholm Embassy and ask if your case is still pending. Here's the email address:

stknivinfo@state.gov

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Timeline

I have read that others put in AP can take 1-2 months to get passport/visa back, but I would email Stockholm Embassy and ask if your case is still pending. Here's the email address:

stknivinfo@state.gov

I emailed them but i guess i got an automated response saying:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is pending administrative processing. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact time estimate when it will be finished. We will contact you as soon as we know the outcome of your case.

This was the same e-mail i received when i sent in my CV.

Timeline

Do any one have idea where my visa is being processed in Washington or in Stockholm.

They kept all my documents along with my passport. Moreover, i cannot track my case as i dont have any case number/batch number to track my case.

E-mails don't help either.

What should i do?

Timeline

Do any one have idea where my visa is being processed in Washington or in Stockholm.

They kept all my documents along with my passport. Moreover, i cannot track my case as i dont have any case number/batch number to track my case.

E-mails don't help either.

What should i do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Two topics on the same issue merged. Please do not start more than one topic on an issue/ question ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I emailed them but i guess i got an automated response saying:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This was the same e-mail i received when i sent in my CV.

Generally, administrative processing means they have some more work to do to issue the visa. But if they ask for your passport, it usually means that they predict that the processing won't take that long. If you need your passport, you have a right to get it back, but if you don't need it and have a bit more time to wait, I would try to be a little patient. The next time you hear from them might be to come pick up your visa.

Timeline

Generally, administrative processing means they have some more work to do to issue the visa. But if they ask for your passport, it usually means that they predict that the processing won't take that long. If you need your passport, you have a right to get it back, but if you don't need it and have a bit more time to wait, I would try to be a little patient. The next time you hear from them might be to come pick up your visa.

I hope so. I will wait for some more time. If not then i would ask my passport back.

But i really hope they would issue the visa...

as i said it has just been 7 working days (easter holidays last week ate 4 days and now saturday sunday 2 more days added).

But your words "Generally, administrative processing means they have some more work to do to issue the visa. But if they ask for your passport, it usually means that they predict that the processing won't take that long." were very encouraging. Hope that they give my passport with the US visa soon.

I hope so. I will wait for some more time. If not then i would ask my passport back.

But i really hope they would issue the visa...

as i said it has just been 7 working days (easter holidays last week ate 4 days and now saturday sunday 2 more days added).

But your words "Generally, administrative processing means they have some more work to do to issue the visa. But if they ask for your passport, it usually means that they predict that the processing won't take that long." were very encouraging. Hope that they give my passport with the US visa soon.

Relax man... You are asking permission to come to USA not india. Administrative process can take up to 6 months if you keep bothering them by forcing your well they will simply send your passport back and Denied!

Have some patient people here in USA have been waiting for their kids - wives and loved ones for years and years. Its not that easy to jump on a plane and come to USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.