csadangi

US Visa pending

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Do any one have idea where my visa is being processed in Washington or in Stockholm.

They kept all my documents along with my passport. Moreover, i cannot track my case as i dont have any case number/batch number to track my case.

E-mails don't help either.

What should i do?

I know for a fact that they (US Embassy in Stockholm) DO sometimes send the applicant's documentation to Washington DC for review/background check.

When that happens, the communication with the embassy will drastically change. They will not tell you the progress, until your application has been approved/denied. Expect at least 1-2 months for the approval of your visa.

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

I know for a fact that they (US Embassy in Stockholm) DO sometimes send the applicant's documentation to Washington DC for review/background check.

When that happens, the communication with the embassy will drastically change. They will not tell you the progress, until your application has been approved/denied. Expect at least 1-2 months for the approval of your visa.

And for that long they would keep my passport with them if i don't ask them to return it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

And for that long they would keep my passport with them if i don't ask them to return it?

Yes, they will hold on to your passport until the process is finished.

event.png

Timeline

i guess they are slow. I hope my case is being handled by the Stockholm embassy and it hasn't gone to Washington.

Were you in the admin process too? if yes, how much time did it take for you and what type of visa did you apply for?

Filed: Timeline

This member either don't understand English or can't read. My sister applied from Australia to go to the US, it took a total of 11 months after her interview (visitor visa). Everyone should understand USA is the only nation in the world that has no obligation when it comes giving permission to come to their land. They follow or the person who has the papers has almost 90% control of a decision to "how long he/she) keep the file on their desks. They don't care who you are - how much patience you have or not. There are people that have the right to come here they delay them forget a visitor ...its like do I have to accept you as a temporary guest in my house or not? Who the ....... is a visitor to make them rush to grant a visa.

I think this friend should go research more. If he/she is in rush to get the passport back why the world they summited it in the first place... they don't care someone need their passport, they don't even want it there it's just we the needeies go and give them. Why would I rush them... people get so excited when the US embassy asks them to leave their passports thinking there is a green light. Normally they never ask for passports because they don't want to be responsible.

Everyone should understand USA is the only nation in the world that has no obligation when it comes giving permission to come to their land.

This statement makes no sense, and if it did it would be false. North Korea is better at giving permission to enter than the U.S.?

Timeline

Hi

I called the DOS today and they said my case is still under AP. I asked them wether my case is being handled at Washington or Stockholm she said that my case won't leave Stockholm embassy.

Moreover a friend of fine who was under AP in India got her visa in 5 days.

I hope to hear some good news now.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Relax man... You are asking permission to come to USA not india. Administrative process can take up to 6 months if you keep bothering them by forcing your well they will simply send your passport back and Denied!

Have some patient people here in USA have been waiting for their kids - wives and loved ones for years and years. Its not that easy to jump on a plane and come to USA.

Helloo, I have had the same problem, 2 days ago I applied for f1 visa in stockholm.. I got white paper with 221g case... they asked me to submit my CV and research background.. I want to know if you recieved any answer yet? OR is there a chance to get rejected>??

Timeline

Helloo, I have had the same problem, 2 days ago I applied for f1 visa in stockholm.. I got white paper with 221g case... they asked me to submit my CV and research background.. I want to know if you recieved any answer yet? OR is there a chance to get rejected>??

Don't know about rejection. it has been 1 month and 3 days for me today.

Are you a biologist?

Timeline

Did they keep your passport with them?

Timeline

I FINALLY GOT MY USA VISA TODAY WITH 10 YEARS STAMPED B1/B2 VISA.

IT TOOK THEM 1 MONTH 5 DAYS TO CLEAR MY VISA.

IT IS WRITTEN THE VISA WAS CLEARED ON 1ST OF MAY AND THE VISA GOT STAMPED YESTERDAY AND IT REACHED TODAY BY COURIER.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME.

CHEERS !!

I FINALLY GOT MY USA VISA TODAY WITH 10 YEARS STAMPED B1/B2 VISA. IT TOOK THEM 1 MONTH 5 DAYS TO CLEAR MY VISA.IT IS WRITTEN THE VISA WAS CLEARED ON 1ST OF MAY AND THE VISA GOT STAMPED YESTERDAY AND IT REACHED TODAY BY COURIER.THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME.CHEERS !!

Congrats!

This member either don't understand English or can't read. My sister applied from Australia to go to the US, it took a total of 11 months after her interview (visitor visa). If she's an Australian citizen, she shouldn't have needed a visa, unless she has a criminal record or previous overstay. In which case a long processing time is fairly common.[/i]Everyone should understand USA is the only nation in the world that has no obligation when it comes giving permission to come to their land. No country has an "obligation" to let visitors into their country. Most developed countries have similar visa systems to that of the US, some stricter, some not as strict. They follow or the person who has the papers has almost 90% control of a decision to "how long he/she) keep the file on their desks. They don't care who you are - how much patience you have or not. There are people that have the right to come here they delay them forget a visitor ...its like do I have to accept you as a temporary guest in my house or not? Who the ....... is a visitor to make them rush to grant a visa.I think this friend should go research more. If he/she is in rush to get the passport back why the world they summited it in the first place... they don't care someone need their passport, they don't even want it there it's just we the needeies go and give them. Why would I rush them... people get so excited when the US embassy asks them to leave their passports thinking there is a green light. Normally they never ask for passports because they don't want to be responsible.They do hold on to passports in most AP cases. Generally it is a good thing.

Edited by jaejayC

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

hellow MR: Namdar, well i saw ur post here.

the same thing happen to me too, so i am eagerly waiting for whats going to happen after this situation what u have faced. please replay me soon. i am waiting for ur message . please guide me man....tnq

or at least give me ur mail id or facebook. please i am requesting u humbly. tnqqq.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.