arashsidhu

Previous visa denial

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

Taking the risk of sounding stupid, I wanna ask while filling this whole visa application, I 130,G325,DS230, Does it ever ask about your previous visa denial to US?

I am asking this because,I applied for visitor visa and it was denied.So now I am worried as if I missed that question, as I have not encountered that yet.I don't want consulate officer to feel like I am hiding anything by not mentioning previous visa rejection.I got my passport reissued as well for spouse name inclusion.

Have you encountered any question relating to previous visa rejection in whole process? or there is no question regarding this at all?

Appreciate your reply

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

I believe on this form DS-156 it asks the question.

Take a read through and ALWAYS be 100% truthful. If you have been denied it may not be a big deal (it will depend on the reason) they just want to know.

hope this helps

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

I believe on this form DS-156 it asks the question.

Take a read through and ALWAYS be 100% truthful. If you have been denied it may not be a big deal (it will depend on the reason) they just want to know.

hope this helps

Terri

They won't fill out DS156 as it is an immigrant visa they are seeking.

DS230 doesn't appear to ask for visa refusals, it only asks for admission refusals at POE.

Timeline

They won't fill out DS156 as it is an immigrant visa they are seeking.

DS230 doesn't appear to ask for visa refusals, it only asks for admission refusals at POE.

Thanks for the reply,

you right,DS230 ask only about previous visit or POE denial

and yes I am Beneficiary of I 130 petition,about to fillDS230

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the reply,

you right,DS230 ask only about previous visit or POE denial

and yes I am Beneficiary of I 130 petition,about to fillDS230

At the time of interview, they may not even ask you about this B1/B2 denial. It is kind of normal to get denial for B1/B2 in India. 3 yrs back I was denied for B1/B2 in Delhi Embassy.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

At the time of interview, they may not even ask you about this B1/B2 denial. It is kind of normal to get denial for B1/B2 in India. 3 yrs back I was denied for B1/B2 in Delhi Embassy.

OO thank you..

very handy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.