Adnan&Liane

AP IS SO FRUSTRATING! AGHHH!

22 posts in this topic

Hi VJ'ers,

I just called the DOS again to check the status of our case - still in AP...no surprise there - but it still sucks to hear every time I call :( I keep asking all of the right questions in all of the right ways but I never get anything more than "still in AP"... I've asked for the last 3 updates in our case - or whether our case is in Mandatory or Internal AP - but everytime they say that they cannot see anything besides the fact that we are in AP...I know some people have had luck getting a little more info when they ask the right questions...the fact that I'm not hearing anything no matter what I ask is making me very nervous that they are not even working on our case! I also keep asking if they have a lot of backlogged cases which might be causing the delay...I always get a very vague answer or "I don't know"...I am trying to stay positive...but I get so frustrated every time I call...just the thought that they may not even be working on our case yet infuriates me...this process is truly flawed and I wish there was something I could do about it to help us all...I could understand if they set a 6-month limit...or any limit...just to know there is an end in sight...but they give us no info and make us wait an unreasonable amount of time...I know there are cases that are taking much longer than mine and my heart goes out to you all...we should not have to wait years to be with our loved ones, especially when we have done everything right and followed all of the rules...sorry all - I just had to vent!

:wacko::crying::wacko::crying::wacko::crying:

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

I feel for you, I cannot begin to imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I see you venting some of that on here and that is a good idea. Hang on in there - all things must pass.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You're not alone. I think that is important to know although it doesn't help with the frustration atleast you have people who you know can relate and agree with you....on all points! :thumbs: Try to have a better day! I know I would give anything for just a hug from my fiance. Lord knows I need it badly today. :(

Edited by worth_the_wait

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Thank you both...it is very reassuring to have people who understand what you are going through :) I just wish there was something more I could do...I would gladly do all of the background checks for the FBI if I could...lol! Maybe I can get a job there and speed things up for us all! :P This is such a test of patience!

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel the same way also. Every time I called DOS they have the same answer "case is still pending under administrative processing". It's been six months now that they are telling me the same thing over and over. Now I decided to contact my congressman, maybe I can have more info about this process and why it is taking too long to be completed. May God help us!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I can understand your frustration. Only the people in AP know how it feels going through this process. Lot of times you just can't continue with your daily activities because this impacts your personal life so much. In my case all my future travel plans are on hold or delayed. I have job offers which I can't accept because I don't know if or when I will come to US. My wife's school is getting impacted because we can't plan anything at this point. This is just unfortunate :( but we know we will come out of it strong.

Hang in there and don't loose hope...

Thank you manou_and_med & XPRSURSLF... AP is such a difficult thing to go through...it is the not knowing how long it will take that is the hardest...it is so hard to plan your life...jobs, school, living situations, financially...and for those of you who have children...I cannot imagine how difficult it is on them...your whole life is on hold! And every time I call the DOS only to find out that we are still stuck in this black abyss it ruins my whole day! :( I contacted my senator a few weeks ago and am still waiting to hear if they have anything to report...I hope they get something more than "still in AP"....

event.png

We have only been it 19 days and not being patient, so I can't imagine how it will be if we are in it for months. It does help to have people to talk to and be able to vent. Some of my friends who are not in this visa process don;t always understand why I get moody or upset when just the day before I was "fine".

We have only been it 19 days and not being patient, so I can't imagine how it will be if we are in it for months. It does help to have people to talk to and be able to vent. Some of my friends who are not in this visa process don;t always understand why I get moody or upset when just the day before I was "fine".

No one can know what torture this is until they have been through it themselves...use Visa Journey as much as you need to - the people here will understand you and be very helpful in getting you through the process....I am so thankful for everyone I have met through this site...when we began our AP I could not imagine waiting for many months...however somehow we've gotten through it so far....I hope you have a very quick AP and that you can be reunited w/your fiance very soon...I see that his name is Ahmed...which seems to be a common name and could be the cause of your AP...my husband's middle name is Ahmed...I hope that your AP will be much quicker than ours is turning out to be!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

only advice I have is to try to make your life as normal as possible with the abnormal distance ... we are on skype from the time we get home until we leave the next day... i cook, clean, eat dinner, we do homework, read books watch movies anything and everything to make our life normal...

just take a day at a time or a minute at a time... for me lately ive had to just stop and cry to let it out.. and then pull myself back together again to go thru the next hour...

One day we will be together... Allah doesn't give us soul mates to live without them!

Stay strong, stay faithful and stay hopeful!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

only advice I have is to try to make your life as normal as possible with the abnormal distance ... we are on skype from the time we get home until we leave the next day... i cook, clean, eat dinner, we do homework, read books watch movies anything and everything to make our life normal...

just take a day at a time or a minute at a time... for me lately ive had to just stop and cry to let it out.. and then pull myself back together again to go thru the next hour...

One day we will be together... Allah doesn't give us soul mates to live without them!

Stay strong, stay faithful and stay hopeful!

Our communication is pretty decent...we call and text a little bit throughout the day...and skype at night.. However, we both work a lot and lead very busy schedules so we actually just both agreed to try to talk a little less at night and more throughout the day so that we can get more stuff done instead of sitting in front of the computer...I'm going to try to go to they gym more and learn french (I'm trying to plan a trip to meet him in Morocco (FINALLY) and meet his family - and I want to be able to attempt to communicate w/his family - I should be more excited than I am but I am terrified of flying and avoid it at all costs)....I still feel so connected to him despite our distance, our crazy schedules, and our crappy internet connections...but I REALLY need him here w/me...I was listening to "I wanna hold your hand" off of the Across the Universe soundtrack today and I almost burst into tears on the train home from work...it's the little things...like holding his hand...it's time for us all to be reunited w/our loved ones...thank you for your support! I am very grateful - it is always appreciated! :star:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers,

I just called the DOS again to check the status of our case - still in AP...no surprise there - but it still sucks to hear every time I call :( I keep asking all of the right questions in all of the right ways but I never get anything more than "still in AP"... I've asked for the last 3 updates in our case - or whether our case is in Mandatory or Internal AP - but everytime they say that they cannot see anything besides the fact that we are in AP...I know some people have had luck getting a little more info when they ask the right questions...the fact that I'm not hearing anything no matter what I ask is making me very nervous that they are not even working on our case! I also keep asking if they have a lot of backlogged cases which might be causing the delay...I always get a very vague answer or "I don't know"...I am trying to stay positive...but I get so frustrated every time I call...just the thought that they may not even be working on our case yet infuriates me...this process is truly flawed and I wish there was something I could do about it to help us all...I could understand if they set a 6-month limit...or any limit...just to know there is an end in sight...but they give us no info and make us wait an unreasonable amount of time...I know there are cases that are taking much longer than mine and my heart goes out to you all...we should not have to wait years to be with our loved ones, especially when we have done everything right and followed all of the rules...sorry all - I just had to vent!

:wacko::crying::wacko::crying::wacko::crying:

I know how you feel. My husband is in AP for 2 months now. I don't even call DOS. Hang in there.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was listening to "I wanna hold your hand" off of the Across the Universe soundtrack today and I almost burst into tears on the train home from work...it's the little things...like holding his hand...it's time for us all to be reunited w/our loved ones...thank you for your support! I am very grateful - it is always appreciated! :star:

Honestly, it's gotten to the point that I am scared to turn on the radio. I find that I can keep my emotions in check but when I see a couple walking hand in hand or hear a song that makes me think of him I realize how fragile I really am. I tried to remove myself from this site because I would see people getting their Visa's so quickly and I would get angry and ask unanswerable questions. BUT I have come back for the mere reason that anyone else I talked to would get a blank look on their face and have no idea what I was talking about or why I was so upset by it, atleast here people can relate to my feelings. I supper duper appreciate that beyond measure! :)

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

we have been in AP today makes 37 days..but 1 things someone told me was this:

Mel,

I recently went through the process and received my visa and passport in under 3 months. Abu Dhabi is fairly good with this stuff and most AP's here, from my research online, don't seem to go past 6 months. As long as your case is legit, you should not have any issues and your husband will get his visa inshAllah.

My case had complications and even then all went well by the grace of Allah.

Stay Strong,

that made me feel so much better...i know it will take time ..i figured since it took 5 months for uscis and then 2 months for interview date..then we have to wait for embassy..the only problem im having is not knowing what they are doing and a time limit. this isnt fair to people they are on hold for the lives, future, family..i miss my husband more than anything thing and i know everyone is missing theirs ..it is nice to know we are not all alone in this.

I know how you feel. My husband is in AP for 2 months now. I don't even call DOS. Hang in there.

Thank you Evelyn - I only call the DOS about every month to check...it's too hard to hear every week... hope you get some good news soon!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.