Adnan&Liane

AP IS SO FRUSTRATING! AGHHH!

22 posts in this topic

Honestly, it's gotten to the point that I am scared to turn on the radio. I find that I can keep my emotions in check but when I see a couple walking hand in hand or hear a song that makes me think of him I realize how fragile I really am. I tried to remove myself from this site because I would see people getting their Visa's so quickly and I would get angry and ask unanswerable questions. BUT I have come back for the mere reason that anyone else I talked to would get a blank look on their face and have no idea what I was talking about or why I was so upset by it, atleast here people can relate to my feelings. I supper duper appreciate that beyond measure! :)

I know exactly how you feel...I can't listen to certain types of music because I will lose it...I've gotta stick w/the upbeat songs or else I'm all tears lately.... I just keep holding onto the future...and how amazing it will be once he is here... we all will know much greater love than many people because of what we go through to get them here with us... I will never take him for granted because I already know what it is like not to have him in my life...

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

we have been in AP today makes 37 days..but 1 things someone told me was this:

Mel,

I recently went through the process and received my visa and passport in under 3 months. Abu Dhabi is fairly good with this stuff and most AP's here, from my research online, don't seem to go past 6 months. As long as your case is legit, you should not have any issues and your husband will get his visa inshAllah.

My case had complications and even then all went well by the grace of Allah.

Stay Strong,

that made me feel so much better...i know it will take time ..i figured since it took 5 months for uscis and then 2 months for interview date..then we have to wait for embassy..the only problem im having is not knowing what they are doing and a time limit. this isnt fair to people they are on hold for the lives, future, family..i miss my husband more than anything thing and i know everyone is missing theirs ..it is nice to know we are not all alone in this.

I do the same thing...I try to tell myself that it can't go past a certain amount of time and that we are almost at the end...it works to get me through each month...but now we are nearly at 6 months and I am trying to prepare myself if we are one of the really long cases... I hope that your AP goes very quickly!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I feel the same way also. Every time I called DOS they have the same answer "case is still pending under administrative processing". It's been six months now that they are telling me the same thing over and over. Now I decided to contact my congressman, maybe I can have more info about this process and why it is taking too long to be completed. May God help us!

Same here, six months and counting. Same response from DOS. Case worker from my Congressman's house isnt helpful at all for our case. Actually I called today to get reassigned a different person, someone who will follow up on our case and have better communication with me.

Edited by Wendy<3Ahmed

I do the same thing...I try to tell myself that it can't go past a certain amount of time and that we are almost at the end...it works to get me through each month...but now we are nearly at 6 months and I am trying to prepare myself if we are one of the really long cases... I hope that your AP goes very quickly!

Thank you i wish the same for you too...all of us. its hard...we just got new apartment theres nothing here am waiting for my husband to get here so we can decorate it together pick out furniture etc. im so ready ..i had a breakdown this morning..this is just really frustrating. but i keep telling myself its almost over.

Same here, six months and counting. Same response from DOS. Case worker from my Congressman's house isnt helpful at all for our case. Actually I called today to get reassigned a different person, someone who will follow up on our case and have better communication with me.

I just found out my senator's office hasn't even inquired into our case yet, and it's been a month since I first contacted them....so frustrating... Did you contact a different congressman or did you just get someone else from your congressman's office working on your case! Have you heard anything from them about your case?

event.png

Thank you i wish the same for you too...all of us. its hard...we just got new apartment theres nothing here am waiting for my husband to get here so we can decorate it together pick out furniture etc. im so ready ..i had a breakdown this morning..this is just really frustrating. but i keep telling myself its almost over.

It is so hard...I'm having a really tough day today too...thank goodness for Visa Journey...it's the only place I can really vent and find answers... I'm still waiting to get "our" apartment...I live in NYC so I'm living w/roommates until he gets here and we can afford a place of our own..I can't wait to be a real adult w/a place of our own that I can decorate! :star: Just remember...we are all near the end of our journey...we may not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but it's just around the corner (I have to keep telling myself that over and over)....

event.png

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I guess I can throw my hat in there too. My wife had her visa and waiver approved since last year, went to her final interview and we are now in AP. That is so rediculous. For us it's been 3 1/2 years!!! I would think they had plenty of time to review all documents? We had a child since then who is almost one and I can't see him but for Skype. Thank God for that program or I would go insane. Hang in there everybody, your day will come. One thing I have to say, we need a HUGE overhaul in the way visa's are being processed and training for those that do the processing, especially at the foreigh embassy's. God Bless you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.