No-Where-Man

N-400 PART 8 question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I was here. I am preparing now for my citizenship and I have a question.

N-400 part 8 question G requires data about my Spouse(the US citizen) previous marriages.

Should the answer to the fields of this question be about her ex spouses (their names, statuses etc)?

I just want to make sure since it confuses me.

Thanks everyone and good Luck in your Journey.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I was here. I am preparing now for my citizenship and I have a question.

N-400 part 8 question G requires data about my Spouse(the US citizen) previous marriages.

Should the answer to the fields of this question be about her ex spouses (their names, statuses etc)?

I just want to make sure since it confuses me.

Thanks everyone and good Luck in your Journey.

Yes, you should fill out information on her ex-spouse(s).

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Timeline

Appreciate it.

Yes, you should fill out information on her ex-spouse(s).

Timeline

Hello,

I am preparing my N-400, I still have some confustion as of part 8 even after reading the instructions.

First

I have been married ONLY 1 time (to my current US spouse). being said, question A asks about how many time I have been married, does this mean in the past only or past and present, becuase if in the past the answer will be ZERO, but if that includes the present, then it will be 1. hopefully someone give me some light on that.

Second

My wife(US CITIZEN) was married before one time, so to answer question G about how manytimes she was married, should I state 1 (cz she was married only one time before), or should the answer be TWO(2) including the current marriage with me as well?

If the answer should be TWO to my wife marrigaes, does that mean I should fill G with my information and then her ex husband information?

I hope to get a clear information into that, the instructions does not help really here.

Thank you.

Timeline

I appreciate it Annie.

Sometimes their questions are confusing, hate it :)

Timeline

I just saw your reply now.

Thank you and best of luck to you too:)

Just wanted to say Best Wishes on your naturalization process! My husband mailed his off on April 12th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Two topics on the same issue merged. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.