tabel

Can some1 please help me???!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

1. We paid $340.00 for I-129f. Do we have to pay $337.40/28,000 kenyan shillings for MRV (Visa Applicatiov Fee) fee for the keyan embassy.

2. Is the MRV Fee 337.40?

3. If we do pay the $337.40, do we also pay the $350.00 For the K1 Packet.

4. k1 packet fee of 350.00 is paid at: Commerical Bank of Africa. Where do we pay the MRV Fee

5. Via website: http://nairobi.usemb...sa-packets.html

a. Do we feel out both the "Immigrant Visa Packet" & the "K1 Packet" or Just The "K1 Packet"

please help us we would like to prepare so we can have everything together for the Kenyan Embassy. Thank you so much!!!!

Tabel

Elvis & Tabitha

Is it impossible For Me To Love You Anymore Than I Do Now? Nahhhhhhh!

04/05/2012 - Rec'd Delivery Receipt from USPO.

04/10/2012 - Received Mobile Alert I129F.

04/10/2012 - Check Cashed By USIC & Receipt# Given.

04/11/2012 - Received 1-797C 1st NOA1 Via Mail

10/29/2012- NOA2 Received

11/01/2012 - NOA2 Received In Mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1. We paid $340.00 for I-129f. Do we have to pay $337.40/28,000 kenyan shillings for MRV (Visa Applicatiov Fee) fee for the keyan embassy.

4. k1 packet fee of 350.00 is paid at: Commerical Bank of Africa. Where do we pay the MRV Fee

a. Do we feel out both the "Immigrant Visa Packet" & the "K1 Packet" or Just The "K1 Packet"

please help us we would like to prepare so we can have everything together for the Kenyan Embassy. Thank you so much!!!!

Tabel

Welcome to the forum.

For a focused response to your specific Kenyan inquiries, consider re-posting at the sub-Saharan Africa regional forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have posted a link to this thread in the Africa-Sub-Sahara Regional Forum asking if someone with the answers can come and help.

Even though this is specific to the Nairobi Consulate we would like to keep all K-1 questions in the same area so would like you to ask questions here and we can refer those with the answers to this forum instead.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You paid the first money when you filed the petition. You will pay another fee at the time of interview for the visa interview iself ( and the visa assuming it is positive ) the fees are about to be lowered. There will also be some expense for police reports and medicals. I am sure someone from Kenya will tell you exactly where and when the fees are paid. Some places it is before the interview and you take a reciept and others it is at the interview.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Tabel

Hi Tabel,

From my understanding, what you need to pay for the K1 visa fee is $350 unless you will pay after April 13th by which time the fee will have dropped to $240. For the K1 visa, the fee you pay for the K1 visa is the MRV fee. You do not pay a K1 visa fee and then a MRV fee in addition to that. I am not sure where you are getting the 337 figure from but if you are converting Kenyan shillings to dollars, then that value would be affected by the exchange rate and perhaps that is why it seems like it's less than $350 dollars. In that case, since I believe we have the option of paying in dollars or shillings at the bank, you would pay whichever value is less. Of course most people will find it easier to just pay in shillings and that is why a figure is provided in shillings. So...to the best of my knowledge, you pay $350 to the Commercial Bank and not a penny more. The K1 visa fee=MRV fee. I will leave room to stand to be corrected but I have not heard anyone say otherwise. Please do a search on this site for Nairobi Embassy thread for further info. I cannot answer your last question at all because that I am totally clueless about at this stage.

All the best!

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The forms that you will complete will be the "K1" visa packet. We paid our visa fee ($350) using MPESA and that was very easy. Once you pay that fee, you can then schedule your interview. Please read the instructions on the Nairobi Embassy website. I know it's overwhelming, but if you read through everything, it's all there. Make sure you complete the paperwork per their instructions. Take your time and the best of luck with everything. Read through the Nairobi Embassy Thread...there's lots of good advice there!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

ok so we paid the $340.00 here in the United States for the K1 visa i124f....& once we get to kenya we will have to pay $350.00 for K1 packet..is this correct?

Hi Tabel,

From my understanding, what you need to pay for the K1 visa fee is $350 unless you will pay after April 13th by which time the fee will have dropped to $240. For the K1 visa, the fee you pay for the K1 visa is the MRV fee. You do not pay a K1 visa fee and then a MRV fee in addition to that. I am not sure where you are getting the 337 figure from but if you are converting Kenyan shillings to dollars, then that value would be affected by the exchange rate and perhaps that is why it seems like it's less than $350 dollars. In that case, since I believe we have the option of paying in dollars or shillings at the bank, you would pay whichever value is less. Of course most people will find it easier to just pay in shillings and that is why a figure is provided in shillings. So...to the best of my knowledge, you pay $350 to the Commercial Bank and not a penny more. The K1 visa fee=MRV fee. I will leave room to stand to be corrected but I have not heard anyone say otherwise. Please do a search on this site for Nairobi Embassy thread for further info. I cannot answer your last question at all because that I am totally clueless about at this stage.

All the best!

Elvis & Tabitha

Timeline

ok so we paid the $340.00 here in the United States for the K1 visa i124f....& once we get to kenya we will have to pay $350.00 for K1 packet..is this correct?

You paid $340.00 to file the I-129F Petition, yes. Then before you can schedule your interview at the Nairobi Embassy, you must pay the $350.00 visa fee which is for the visa...there is no cost for the K-1 packet. You just print out those forms from the Embassy website. So...$340.00 for the I-129F Petition, and another $350.00 for the visa fee. Two separate fees. A medical is also required which is additional money, and vaccines are also required. The information for the medical is in the K-1 packet.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

ok, i think I have it..thak you so much!!!

Elvis & Tabitha

Timeline

ok, i think I have it..thak you so much!!!

You're welcome, anytime :star:

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.