highlander08

RUB - FSU children compared to USC children & others

239 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

E

Why no phone calls? Every FSU woman has more than one phone; they are cheap.

What about Skype?

At least from my experience, and just a seemingly obvious fact, is that all the serious women did (in my case), and one would think, would want to establish verbal dialougue (if not even visual contact) of a person they are seriously considering to be serious with. Of course every case is unique.

If you've asked for a phone number or Skype ID and she has been reluctant to give that or gives some excuse as to why she can not....that is a big "really red" flag.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

If you've asked for a phone number or Skype ID and she has been reluctant to give that or gives some excuse as to why she can not....that is a big "really red" flag.

Really? I don't give my number to strangers; my fiance only got it after we met face to face.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Really? I don't give my number to strangers; my fiance only got it after we met face to face.

SIM cards are basically disposable over there--if someone's a creeper, you can just change your number for three bucks.

If I were into a guy, I'd want to speak on skype, etc., especially after 2 months.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

I wonder how you two met?

Its one of those "cardinal" rules concerning long distance dating....if you can't remove the person from the agency and get private emails and then within about two weeks on average a phone number...then drop them like a hot potato and move on.

Any serious woman who intends to be serious will want more than just email correspondence.

OP: How, besides EM's verification process, have you determined the person with whom you are emailing is the same as in photos or being described?

One "excuse" could be the lack of language.....my wife had taken a bunch of English courses and thought there would not be an issue, but our first conversation was more squeaking and laughing....she suggested immediately that we move it to Skype video. That we did and it really helped; phone conversations flowed more smoothly afterwards....after our meeting we rarely used emails, just phone, SMS and Skype.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one unnecessary comment removed. please stay on topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The father's letter could be a sticky point. Gary will give you the details, which can be found many times in many threads if you search back some pages here on RUB.

This is true. Does not sound like you are at that point yet but when you are THIS is number one. No point in starting down the road until you have all you need and you are in a mcuh better negotiating position BEFORE you feel the petition than after when you get to some point where you HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!

even fathers that have been AWOL for years suddenly get very interested in their children when they find out the ex needs his signature to move ahead with her plans to be " a rich American" and it ofetn comes down to "What do I get out of this?" The farther ahead you plan, the less he gets and the more you get to keep.

Put your antiques in a safe place.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:thumbs: gotta protect your privacy or you wont have any. :blink:

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

This is true. Does not sound like you are at that point yet but when you are THIS is number one. No point in starting down the road until you have all you need and you are in a mcuh better negotiating position BEFORE you feel the petition than after when you get to some point where you HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!

even fathers that have been AWOL for years suddenly get very interested in their children when they find out the ex needs his signature to move ahead with her plans to be " a rich American" and it ofetn comes down to "What do I get out of this?" The farther ahead you plan, the less he gets and the more you get to keep.

Put your antiques in a safe place.

"Put your antiques in a safe place."

:unsure: :unsure: My bedroom set is from the 1870's and the majority of my furniture is antiques, as I prefer the quality made then compared to nowadays throw away furniture. :blink:

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

I wonder how you two met?

Its one of those "cardinal" rules concerning long distance dating....if you can't remove the person from the agency and get private emails and then within about two weeks on average a phone number...then drop them like a hot potato and move on.

Any serious woman who intends to be serious will want more than just email correspondence.

OP: How, besides EM's verification process, have you determined the person with whom you are emailing is the same as in photos or being described?

One "excuse" could be the lack of language.....my wife had taken a bunch of English courses and thought there would not be an issue, but our first conversation was more squeaking and laughing....she suggested immediately that we move it to Skype video. That we did and it really helped; phone conversations flowed more smoothly afterwards....after our meeting we rarely used emails, just phone, SMS and Skype.

"OP: How, besides EM's verification process, have you determined the person with whom you are emailing is the same as in photos or being described?"

:unsure: no sarcasm intended but if I am learning a few words a day and her english is basic then how can we communicate on the phone understand each other and get better aquainted. :unsure:

*The Family Rules*

Timeline

"OP: How, besides EM's verification process, have you determined the person with whom you are emailing is the same as in photos or being described?"

:unsure: no sarcasm intended but if I am learning a few words a day and her english is basic then how can we communicate on the phone understand each other and get better aquainted. :unsure:

If you two were really serious, then you'd have given it a try. You can not know who you are corresponding with just from emails and photos; I could do the same.

And what about Skype?

How do you do it? You both draft up a script, yours in Russian and hers in English and then you help each other along. You will hear each other's voices....if you haven't even progressed to this point, then marriage and child raising and K-1 is far far from your immediate future. You should plan to go meet and then come back and converse more and then plan another meeting and maybe by then you two can ask real questions about your future.

Edited by baron555

Timeline

:unsure: :unsure: My bedroom set is from the 1870's and the majority of my furniture is antiques, as I prefer the quality made then compared to nowadays throw away furniture. :blink:

I make my own furniture but have used many antiques as guides and duplicated them. I do not enjoy "restoration" and for me it is easier to build new, duplicating an old pattern. I have also built furniture using designs from Italian furniture catalogs Alla had that she used to dream about but could never have possibly afforded (me either) but I can build near duplicates myself for just the price of the wood (not cheap either but far below buying new)I built her a 12 ft. long built in Armoire/wardrobe of solid cherry that is a photo finish of a similar Italian piece. The Italian model sold for more than 15,000 EUROS, about $22,000. :o I did it for maybe $1500, I did not keep track, but the cherry lumber I bought was a bit over $900 and all the other accessories easily added $400-500 I suppose.

She considers my woodcraft skills one of my better talents...GOLD. :lol: Dude, get a table saw!

Taught the boys to do workworking also and each of them can do some basic things, and each built things for Mom, shelves, towel racks, etc. They repalced windows with me, storm doors, and we finished a room above the garage for them to "hang out" in. So they did some insulation, framing, sheetrock, priming, painting, all that good stuff. Good place out of the main house for them to play video games, hang out with friends, ect. We would rather have them here, if you know what I mean.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

:ot:

Craftsman today make furniture that is every bit as good, IMO, better than what was made in the 18th and 19th century. What you SEE of furniture made then is the highest quality, best made furniture which has, of course, lasted a long time. They had plenty of "throw away" furniture in the 1870s, it has long since been thrown away. Do not imagine that every home in the USA was furnished with the highest quality furniture you find still existing today.

I am not knocking it, but we have the same wood available, better tools, better glues, better joinery than 140 years ago. Good furniture is very expensive, rightfully so, and I do not sell what I make because I could never charge even minimum wage for my work and I do it as a hobby, for fun. If I tried to make a living at it, it would probably not be fun. Most people have what you call "throw away" furniture because that is what they can afford. Antiques are not cheap, but they are actually cheaper than the same furniture made to the same quality today because labor costs so much more. I assure you that you could not replace a fine antique for what you paid for it if you made it new. I would charge more, that's for sure.

:ot2:

Have you considered phone or skype conversations? Has she?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I make my own furniture but have used many antiques as guides and duplicated them. I do not enjoy "restoration" and for me it is easier to build new, duplicating an old pattern. I have also built furniture using designs from Italian furniture catalogs Alla had that she used to dream about but could never have possibly afforded (me either) but I can build near duplicates myself for just the price of the wood (not cheap either but far below buying new)I built her a 12 ft. long built in Armoire/wardrobe of solid cherry that is a photo finish of a similar Italian piece. The Italian model sold for more than 15,000 EUROS, about $22,000. :o I did it for maybe $1500, I did not keep track, but the cherry lumber I bought was a bit over $900 and all the other accessories easily added $400-500 I suppose.

She considers my woodcraft skills one of my better talents...GOLD. :lol: Dude, get a table saw!

Taught the boys to do workworking also and each of them can do some basic things, and each built things for Mom, shelves, towel racks, etc. They repalced windows with me, storm doors, and we finished a room above the garage for them to "hang out" in. So they did some insulation, framing, sheetrock, priming, painting, all that good stuff. Good place out of the main house for them to play video games, hang out with friends, ect. We would rather have them here, if you know what I mean.

"Dude, get a table saw!" :ot: I have two dewalt jobsite table saws, 1-12in , 1- 10in single bevel dewalt miter saws and 1- dual bevel sliding compound miter saw., I have enough woodworking tools to make many a man jealous of my "toys", I do finish carpentry for a living, as well as home remodeling. I am also the local electrician that everybody calls. :ot2: I still prefer antiques. my kitchen stove is from 1937 a magic chef in excellent condition I found in an old house I was called to remove the electric from., this area has a lot of old treasures... :ot2:

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Timeline

"Dude, get a table saw!" :ot: I have two dewalt jobsite table saws, 1-12in , 1- 10in single bevel dewalt miter saws and 1- dual bevel sliding compound miter saw., I have enough woodworking tools to make many a man jealous of my "toys", I do finish carpentry for a living, as well as home remodeling. I am also the local electrician that everybody calls. :ot2: I still prefer antiques. my kitchen stove is from 1937 a magic chef in excellent condition I found in an old house I was called to remove the electric from., this area has a lot of old treasures... :ot2:

You are GOLD! She will want a new stove. They LOVE new appliances. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You are GOLD! She will want a new stove. They LOVE new appliances. :lol:

:dance: Thanks, feathers all fluffed up now ! :thumbs:

*The Family Rules*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.