kiwi25

Received EAD in November 2011.. nothing since

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi guys,

So my wife and I were married in July of 2011 on a K1, sent off the AOS paperwork with EAD and AP in August 2011 and received my EAD (valid for 12 months) on November 7th 2011.

Since then I have not heard a single peep out of immigration. Shouldn't I have had a request for an interview for my AOS by now? I've just heard these things take time and no two cases are the same ..but it's been almost 8 months now since we filed our I-485 and besides the EAD have had no communication.

I'll call the hotline in the morning, but I just wondered if anyone is in the same boat? using the receipt number provided (MSCXXXXXXXXXX)seems to just give me info on my EAD application approval.

Thanks for your help,

-Matt

Edited by kiwi25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from K-1 to AOS.

You should not be sharing your personal case numbers on the forums.

Not everyone gets an interview for their AOS from a K-1. But it has been a long time since you filed and you should have heard something by now.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

You should have received three case numbers (on separate NOA1s)- one for EAD, one for AP and one for AOS. Usually they are sequential, if you filed for all three at the same time. If the MSC number you are trying on the website is giving you information on your EAD, then that is the I-765 case number. You will need your I-485 case number for AOS when you call. If your case was transferred to CSC, then you would have got a notice in the mail (as well as text and email if you signed up for those). People whose cases were transferred to CSC are currently waiting around 6 months for their green cards to be approved, but you should definitely call to see what is going on as you have been waiting a lot longer than that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Wow, you're right!

I just assumed the NOA was one email sent three times but the case numbers are different on each one..

Boy do I feel stupid. So apparently my I-485 was approved and card production ordered ..in Novermber of last year. I certainly never received it - I guess I will call tomorrow and see if they can issue me a new one.

I guess this mean no interview? Should I be excited or nervous?

Thank you for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So apparently my I-485 was approved and card production ordered .

I don't think so. Maybe the card production was for your EAD/AP not the 485/green card.

We are in the same situation. WAITING and WAITING.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow, you're right!

I just assumed the NOA was one email sent three times but the case numbers are different on each one..

Boy do I feel stupid. So apparently my I-485 was approved and card production ordered ..in Novermber of last year. I certainly never received it - I guess I will call tomorrow and see if they can issue me a new one.

I guess this mean no interview? Should I be excited or nervous?

Thank you for your help!

Double check that the number you're looking at now is for your I-485 (AOS). If it was already sent then you can call the 1800 number and ask them to find out where it is. They mail them with tracking numbers now. If they claim it was sent and received (which they've done before) they will tell you you need to file an I-90 and pay the $450 fee to get a replacement card. Only if the card was returned to them will they not ask for the fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.