TyBy

B1/B2 VISA denial & illegal work -HELP!

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am going to agree, because that is what I said!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I'm back from the appointment with the lawyer which I must say was truely decent with me!She said that there is not much i can do except applying again and to fully cooperate with the CO's. as well as to state in My VISA application that I tried to get a VISA unlawfully by misrepresenting the facts, otherwise that will be another hole i'm digging to myself by not representing the truth, at the end i should te CO to provide me the option to ask for a weiver.She said that there is no Time factor here as the CO stated he trust my strong ties to Israel, but not my credibility and time won't change anything, so there is nothing wrong by reapplying so soon.She said that she don't see any reason for me spending additional money on lawyeres at this point untill i will fix the wrong impression , if possible at all. Tommorow i plan to sit and reapply the DS-160 and cross fingers real hard.

She gave you good advice I guess. you'll need to have an incredibly good excuse as to why you denied working illegally at your initial interview.

The fact that they believed your strong ties to Israel is a very good thing. I hate to say it but it means you would have had a substantially better chance had you not lied to them :wacko:

Either way..

Applying = Slim chance.

Not applying = No chance.

Keep us posted.

Edited by jaejayC

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are a lot of misconceptions being thrown around here about misrepresentation, more importantly material misrepresentation. Visa applicants lie all the time, most of it is not relevant so it doesn't matter. It only becomes "material" if the applicant lies, or omits information, which is relevant to their qualification for a visa, obstructs a line of questioning which would have revealed a disqualification, or if under the true facts the applicant is not qualified. In this case, lying to the CO is not misrepresentation because it is not material. Why is it not material? Because the CO already knew the true facts and knew he was not qualified. It is possible he could be found guilty for misrepresentation for working within 30 days of entry on a tourist visa but they would have told him at the interview if he had been refused 6C1.

I will say whatever shred of credibility you had left was torched by not acknowledging the truth when confronted. I also hope you realize that you are responsible for at least one, if not more, Israelis in your demographic group being denied visas in the future. All this so you could sell dead sea salts or some other lame summer job? Hardly worth it.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

There are a lot of misconceptions being thrown around here about misrepresentation, more importantly material misrepresentation. Visa applicants lie all the time, most of it is not relevant so it doesn't matter. It only becomes "material" if the applicant lies, or omits information, which is relevant to their qualification for a visa, obstructs a line of questioning which would have revealed a disqualification, or if under the true facts the applicant is not qualified. In this case, lying to the CO is not misrepresentation because it is not material. Why is it not material? Because the CO already knew the true facts and knew he was not qualified. It is possible he could be found guilty for misrepresentation for working within 30 days of entry on a tourist visa but they would have told him at the interview if he had been refused 6C1.

I will say whatever shred of credibility you had left was torched by not acknowledging the truth when confronted. I also hope you realize that you are responsible for at least one, if not more, Israelis in your demographic group being denied visas in the future. All this so you could sell dead sea salts or some other lame summer job? Hardly worth it.

Hi,

You are absolutely right. It does not worth it.

However, I was young and stupid back then and didn't really thought about the consequences. I have an interview at may-10th, I already filled my ds-160 and indicated there that i was illegaly workd there. Hopefully I will be eligible to file a weiver afterwards.

20/03/12 - 1st Interview , VISA B1/B2 Renewal - Approved!

24/03/12- Call from US Embassy for 2nd interview

27/03/12 - 2nd Interview, VISA B1/B2 Declined.

04/04/12 - Applying the DS-160 again

04/06/12 - Interview Date

04/06/12 - Application went to 2nd opinion... waiting for reply (NOT A DECLINE...yet)

• 1 month later...
Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Ok, I'm back from the appointment with the lawyer which I must say was truely decent with me!

She said that there is not much i can do except applying again and to fully cooperate with the CO's. as well as to state in My VISA application that I tried to get a VISA unlawfully by misrepresenting the facts, otherwise that will be another hole i'm digging to myself by not representing the truth, at the end i should te CO to provide me the option to ask for a weiver.

She said that there is no Time factor here as the CO stated he trust my strong ties to Israel, but not my credibility and time won't change anything, so there is nothing wrong by reapplying so soon.

She said that she don't see any reason for me spending additional money on lawyeres at this point untill i will fix the wrong impression , if possible at all.

Tommorow i plan to sit and reapply the DS-160 and cross fingers real hard.

How did it go ?

Timeline

How did it go ?

Hi, it is postponed to jun-4th.. Will keep you posted

How did it go ?

Hi, it is postponed to jun-4th.. Will keep you posted

04/06/12 - Application went to 2nd opinion... waiting for reply (NOT A DECLINE...yet)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not updating for so long , it's just that I had my interview today.

I must say WHAT A RELIEF! (explanation will come) . As I posted before, I filled my application with a full honest, indicated that I illegally worked in my past etc... . The interview started with the purpose of my trip, some background questions (employment, salary etc...) and on the illegal job topic I been asked if I overstayed during the time that i worked in the US (which I didn't). later the official indicated that i been there at March, that was my real opportunity to apologize (for the last interview which i didn't cooperated) which I must say WAS A GREAT RELIEF! , the official appreciate

it and congrats me about my courage and indicated that the right thing to do. He added that he is not providing me an answer right away as he wants to consult my case, and an update will come in the coming week (probably a 2nd interview) additionally i provided supportive documents from my employer (Employment seniority, Sponsorship Letter) and a letter of non-criminal activity from the local police.

Soo, first I am happy my application has not been refused on the spot as the official has the authority to do so, second I feel like a giant rock removed from my chest... I'm soo glad i had the chance to show a regret, and on top of that, the official was very supportive of such action.

Now all I have is to wait, crossing fingers.

Any thoughts what now i should expect?

Timeline

Most are successful, just a long wait.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Most are successful, just a long wait.

ou mean, it is a good sign that the application processed for 2nd inspection?

Timeline

yes

Timeline

yes

Thanks! :D

If this visa get approved then there is an injustice to our system, this individual broke the law, and lied about it. There are others who have never had the chance to obtain a visitor visa and only wish to visit family and friends whom are never given the opportunity because of the views that the US hold towards their country and economic situation.

Timeline

What views?

He applied for a discretionary waiver, a subjective issue and it sees he has passed the first hurdle.

What views?

He applied for a discretionary waiver, a subjective issue and it sees he has passed the first hurdle.

Boiler, breaking the law and lying about makes is creditability completely invalid. There are those who never lied, nor broke the law and they are not offered an opportunity to obtain a visitor visa. You can play with word smith all you want, this individual broke the law.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.