easyriders2011

Case still at NVC, but would like to get Medical done when I arrive in Manila

12 posts in this topic

Our package is still at NVC, and I am traveling to the Philippines on the 14th. My wife will be arriving in Manila to meet me. We would like to get her medical done at that time because we live in Mindanao and it is very expensive to travel to/from Surigao to Manila again.

Is it possible to get her medical completed with out having completed the NVC portion yet? What if we have the NVC case number? would that be sufficient to allow us to get the medical completed?

If anyone has had previous experience in being able to get their medical completed early, I would be most appreciative if you could chime in and provide me with the necessary details so I can thread this needle while we are already in Manila.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our package is still at NVC, and I am traveling to the Philippines on the 14th. My wife will be arriving in Manila to meet me. We would like to get her medical done at that time because we live in Mindanao and it is very expensive to travel to/from Surigao to Manila again.

Is it possible to get her medical completed with out having completed the NVC portion yet? What if we have the NVC case number? would that be sufficient to allow us to get the medical completed?

If anyone has had previous experience in being able to get their medical completed early, I would be most appreciative if you could chime in and provide me with the necessary details so I can thread this needle while we are already in Manila.

Thanks in advance.

Don

As long as you have the MNL case number, your fiance can complete her medical. You can also pay the Visa application fee and set the appointment date for USEM.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Thanks in advance.

Don

For the Philippines, you're eligible to do an advance medical. Most countries have to wait until they have the interview letter before getting a medical done. But that's not that case for the Philippines. As long as you have the email from NVC stating your case number, you're allowed to do the medical, before having an interview date assigned. I believe this is due to the sputum tests that are done there, which if treatment is needed, can take 6 months.

Great, thanks for some good news. I was really worried about not being able to get our medical done while we were in Manila because of the delays at NVC, but if we can get it done, that will really help out a lot.

Is it possible to schedule (manually) or to request the interview to be scheduled as per Wally's comments? If so, how can I try to schedule her interview towards the end of my stay there (end of may)???

thanks,

Our time line:

-----------

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

4-27-11 Got Married

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

Great, thanks for some good news. I was really worried about not being able to get our medical done while we were in Manila because of the delays at NVC, but if we can get it done, that will really help out a lot.

Is it possible to schedule (manually) or to request the interview to be scheduled as per Wally's comments? If so, how can I try to schedule her interview towards the end of my stay there (end of may)???

thanks,

I'm not sure if scheduling your own interviews for IR-1/CR-1 cases is possible for the Philippines. I'd suggest you look in the Philippines sub-forum.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Something to keep in the back of your mind. The six month clock on your visa will start the day she does her medical. If she is going to leave as soon as she gets the visa, no worries.

My wife had to wait for the sputum test so she only had a couple of months to wind everything up and come to the US.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks,

After paying the visa fee you can go online to schedule the interview, you will see a calendar with choices so you can just choose a time that works for you. Like said though, the visa validity will be tied to the medical so if you get the medical done soon and delay the interview you will need to pay attention to the expiration date of the visa stamp.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks,

I have no intention of having her stay any where near the 6 month mark. If we can get her interview completed and approved by the end of May, She will be accompanying me back to the States in early June.

Thanks for that intel though. That is critical information for someone else down the line who might read this thread and it might be applicable to.

Our time line:

-----------

4-27-11 Got Married

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

IR-1/CR-1 filers normally don't get to schedule their own interview, unless filed DCF (not sure about this part). The NVC/Consulate schedules the interview for them.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

IR-1/CR-1 filers normally don't get to schedule their own interview, unless filed DCF (not sure about this part). The NVC/Consulate schedules the interview for them.

Ahhhh ........... my bad.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.