Ryan H

NVC Filers - April 2012

5,565 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was thinking about spicy food but lately even water has been giving me heartburn lol Anyways i'm now at the hospital in the delivery room fingers crossed it will be an smooth event

Oh wow I hope everything goes smoothly!

The baby is here! It took 3,5 hrs to get her out but I did it! :-D. Good luck to all of you waiting for stuff to happen with your cases!

And I see it did - congratulations!!!! :D

Hey good morning people.....Monday at last!!!

Good morning Rujby! :D Usually people aren't happy about Mondays :D

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good morning Rujby! :D Usually people aren't happy about Mondays :D

That process really is turning things topsy-turvy.

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Timeline

*sigh* ok, I think I'm starting to over-stress on immunizations. Anyone able to help me? While reading the requirements for the TDaP immunization, there was a line about boosters. It stated they must be done within the 4 weeks prior to the medical. However, all of my boosters were done in October or November, and because they were boosters I only got one shot. Also, I've tried and tried to get proof of my primary and childhood immunizations but public health doesn't seem to have these records. I know I got the shots though. Am I going to be needing shots when I get to the appointment?

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

Timeline

The baby is here! It took 3,5 hrs to get her out but I did it! :-D. Good luck to all of you waiting for stuff to happen with your cases!

:star: :star: :star: :star: Congratulations!!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

USCIS:(164 days)
10/07/11 - I-130 Sent
10/09/11 - Delivery Confirmation - Chicago
10/13/11 - NOA1 Confirmation by e-mail & text
10/17/11 - NOA1 Hard copy received (Priority date October 11)
03/23/12 - NOA2 (e-mail notification on 3/23, Hard copy received on 3/30)

NVC: (48 days)
04/16/12 - Case arrived at NVC
04/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
04/26/12 - Submitted DS-261 online (Resubmit on 5/10)
04/27/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/01/12 - Re-sent Optin e-mail (accepted 5/01)
05/02/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid
05/03/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
05/14/12 - E-mailed I-864 package
05/18/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted
05/23/12 - IV bill invoiced & paid
05/24/12 - IV bill appears as PAID, submitted DS-260, e-mailed IV package
06/04/12 - Case Complete
06/14/12 - Interview date & interview package received by e-mail!!!

Medical/US Consulate/POE:
06/26/12 - Medical
07/16/12 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!
07/23/12 - Visa received
07/24/12 - POE (Ambassador Bridge-Windsor, ON/Detroit, MI)

Our immigration journey took 9 months, 1 week and 5 days

ROC:
04/25/14 - Eligible to apply for Removal of Conditions

05/05/14 - Mailed I-751 to VSC via Priority Mail

05/07/14 - Package delivered to VSC

05/14/14 - Check cleared bank account - pending date 05/13

05/15/14 - Received NOA (Receipt date 5/08)

05/19/14 - Biometrics letter received, Notice date 05/16 (appointment scheduled for 06/11)
06/11/14 - Biometrics appointment

12/17/14 - APPROVED!

12/27/14 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow, that sounds quick!!! Lol, Congratulations!!! The week is off to a great start already!!! My mom was in labor with me for 17 hours, and there were no drugs at that time... Lol

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Hi All,

My I-130 for spouse got approved on april 27

I filed a tax return for 2011 Married filed jointly and applied for ITIN for spouse

Attached a photocopy of her passport with W-7 (identification documents)

but I got a letter asking for passport/identification documents be notarized by US notary ?

Any body with such experience with spouse in India whose immigration petition is pending

How did you all file your tax returns after marriage with the spouse abroad? Single/Married filing joint/Married filing single

If any of you applied for ITIN for spouse when Married filing joint, what did you attach as Identification document with the W-7?

If I get her original passport in the mail and get it notarized here. will that suffice or should I amend the tax return and file Married filing single???

Please please advice...

Thank you.

First off, 'married filing single' is not one of the available options. I think you mean 'married filing separately'. And second, filing 'single' in your case is NOT an option. You are legally married, so your only two options are 'married filing jointly' or 'married filing separately'.

When I was still in Canada last year, my husband filed 'Married Filing Jointly', so we could get me an ITIN, as that provided the bigger refund. The catch though is the foreign spouse needs to get the correct documents for the W7. It can't just be a photocopy of the passport, it has to be certified or notarized. Did you not read the W7 instructions? It states so there. I had to bring my passport to the Canada Passport Agency and request for a certified copy. They took my passport and it took I believe a week or less for them to get it done. Completely free too. You might want to look into the issuing agency in India for passports and see if they can get your wife a certified or notarized copy.

If you can't get it, then file 'married filing separately' as that requires no passport or anything from the foreign spouse. You just have to write 'NRA' (non-resident alien) on the SSN field for your spouse. This is the easier way to file, albeit not the bigger refund. But you can always amend to 'married filing jointly' once your wife arrives and has a SSN.

Grats!! kicking.gifkicking.gif Did your husband watch while over Skype? :)

This is probably a long shot, but wondering if anyone else has any experience with this...

There is no Direct Consular Filing in Australia anymore, but the Sydney consulate has agreed to process our file in Sydney because of extenuating circumstances for us. We had already been approved at the USCIS when this happened, so they contacted the NVC to have our file transferred to Australia once it arrived.

Sydney Consulate seemed to indicate that once NVC received the file they would send it straight to Sydney. They had sent me a copy of the packet 3 instructions so I could prepare everything so it was all ready to go once our package was sent back. I rang the NVC on Friday and finally got a case number, but the person told me there were still two fees to pay and forms to fill in, I assume the ds3032 and the AOS and IV fees. We sent off the DS3032 via email as per the FAQ and figured once we sorted these out we'd be on our way.

I rang back tonight to see if I could get my invoice identification number and query about when it might be sent to Sydney, but the person I spoke to started talking about the NVC sending me packet 3 instructions, and had no notes on my file being expedited via Sydney. They told me to email the NVCInquiry email re: being expedited, which I did, and then I emailed Sydney to see if I can find out what's going on. The person also told me that SYDNEY would handle the payments if they were processing my file, so I'm getting crossed signals from everyone.

I don't suppose anyone on this board might have a clue as to what actually should be happening at this point in the process for me? Or do I just have to hold on and see what I get sent back via email? The waiting game is killing me!

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer.

I would suggest calling up NVC and requesting to speak with an supervisor. Explain what happened between you and Sydney (getting an expedite of sorts) and ask when your case is being sent over to Australia. Tell them you'll be paying the fees and sending the packages directly to Sydney, not NVC.

Does Sydney have a number you can call? If so, do it, and see what they say. Maybe even calling DOS would help.

I have a question about the police clearance, not sure if any of you have been in this situation? I got my police clearance in March, it expires June 6th. Most likely before I will have my interview date. Do you think I should be on the safe side and request another one that won't expire for another 3 months? In Russia it takes 3weeks to a month to get this certificate .. Any help would be appreciated!

I would suggest that as soon as you get a case complete at NVC or when you get your interview date, to get another police certificate and bring it with you to the interview.

*sigh* ok, I think I'm starting to over-stress on immunizations. Anyone able to help me? While reading the requirements for the TDaP immunization, there was a line about boosters. It stated they must be done within the 4 weeks prior to the medical. However, all of my boosters were done in October or November, and because they were boosters I only got one shot. Also, I've tried and tried to get proof of my primary and childhood immunizations but public health doesn't seem to have these records. I know I got the shots though. Am I going to be needing shots when I get to the appointment?

Since you can't get your vaccination records, I'd suggest looking into getting an antibody titre test done. This will show which vaccines are in your blood. You'd then bring this to the medical as proof of your vaccines. This would also show proof of the booster you got last year. If, for whatever reason, certain vaccines aren't appearing, you'll have two choices: get them re-done at a local clinic (get the records afterwards!!) or wait until your medical to get them done. I'd suggest getting them done at a local clinic or somewhere else as you can probably find them for free, or at least cheaper than at the medical. I thought flu season was over when I went for my medical, but found out it wasn't, so I had to get a flu shot. My point is that if I had known, I would have gotten my flu shot elsewhere, for free, than pay $20 at the medical for it.

Wow, that sounds quick!!! Lol, Congratulations!!! The week is off to a great start already!!! My mom was in labor with me for 17 hours, and there were no drugs at that time... Lol

ohmy.gif Wow, your mom is a trooper!

Timeline

Since you can't get your vaccination records, I'd suggest looking into getting an antibody titre test done. This will show which vaccines are in your blood. You'd then bring this to the medical as proof of your vaccines. This would also show proof of the booster you got last year. If, for whatever reason, certain vaccines aren't appearing, you'll have two choices: get them re-done at a local clinic (get the records afterwards!!) or wait until your medical to get them done. I'd suggest getting them done at a local clinic or somewhere else as you can probably find them for free, or at least cheaper than at the medical. I thought flu season was over when I went for my medical, but found out it wasn't, so I had to get a flu shot. My point is that if I had known, I would have gotten my flu shot elsewhere, for free, than pay $20 at the medical for it.

I've actually got records of all the boosters I got done between October and March (TDaP, MMR, flu, full hep B series), plus antibody titres showing antibodies present for varicella and measles/rubella (mumps was worn off so we knew the shot was needed. Can't find a titre for TDaP but I think my doc just figured it was time since mumps antibodies had worn off). Is this enough, do you figure? Or will they still make me do the shots? If it's not - I'll try to make an asap appointment for Saturday to get into my doc...

Edited by Trav&Shell

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

I know I'm one day early, but I created the May thread already: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365453-nvc-filers-may-2012/ You can also find the links in my signature :)

I've actually got records of all the boosters I got done between October and March (TDaP, MMR, flu, full hep B series), plus antibody titres showing antibodies present for varicella and measles/rubella (mumps was worn off so we knew the shot was needed. Can't find a titre for TDaP but I think my doc just figured it was time since mumps antibodies had worn off). Is this enough, do you figure? Or will they still make me do the shots? If it's not - I'll try to make an asap appointment for Saturday to get into my doc...

Well, Hep B isn't needed for your age group, so you can ignore that one (but still good to have :P ).

Looks like you have proof of the flu shot (although by the time you have your medical, it won't be needed).

For chickenpox, you just need to give a verbal declaration that you had it, no proof needed. But it doesn't hurt that you have proof.

For MMR, looks like you got the immunization for it, plus proof that you have measles/rubella in your system. So, you're like double covered almost (except for mumps).

The only thing I'm concerned about, for you, is the TDaP one. On the Dr Seidens site, it states as one of the options for TDaP: "You must have proof of a Td booster within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical." And to me, that kinda sounds like you need another booster... Is there any chance you can call Dr Seidens up and ask about this and see if what you have is good enough?

Timeline

Well, Hep B isn't needed for your age group, so you can ignore that one (but still good to have :P ).

Looks like you have proof of the flu shot (although by the time you have your medical, it won't be needed).

For chickenpox, you just need to give a verbal declaration that you had it, no proof needed. But it doesn't hurt that you have proof.

For MMR, looks like you got the immunization for it, plus proof that you have measles/rubella in your system. So, you're like double covered almost (except for mumps).

The only thing I'm concerned about, for you, is the TDaP one. On the Dr Seidens site, it states as one of the options for TDaP: "You must have proof of a Td booster within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical." And to me, that kinda sounds like you need another booster... Is there any chance you can call Dr Seidens up and ask about this and see if what you have is good enough?

I sent them an email this morning :) That's exactly how I read it too. Not sure how responsive they will be, but they've been good before so we'll see...no response yet, but here's hoping! Wonder how fast I can get this done if need be...

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

Hubby's medical exam is tomorrow in Trinidad!

Good luck to him.

:dance:

412 days From my N-400 to I-130 Interview for My husband
05/26/2011- MARRIED to my Soul Mate
N-400 USCIS (139Days) ME
07/06/11- Mailed N-400 APP
07/12/11- Acceptance Email. 07/16/11- I-797C NOA1
10/29/11- Oath letter came, oath date 11/10/2011.10/31/11- Reschedule Oath :(
11/28/11- OATH CEREMONYI AM A US CITIZEN

1-130 USCIS (180 Days) HUBBY
09/20/11- Mailed I-130
09/22/11- USCIS received I-130(09/26/11- sent to CSC,09/27/11- Check Cashed).
09/30/11- NOA1 (NOA1 date 09/23/2011) Jan,2012- update from LPR to US Citizen
03/21/12- NOA2 (Email @11:45pm/ Hard copy received 03/26/12)
[NOA2 Sent to NVC (21day after)USCIS mail out case on April 11th 2012 to NVC

NVC 28 Days HUBBY
04/16/12: NVC received (26 days after NOA2)
04/25/12: NVC Case Number,(9days after NVC receive case)
04/27/12: DS3032 sent by email (receive auto response)(05/07/12 Ds-3032 ACCEPTED)
05/02/12: AOS invoice generated, Paid & AOS Packet Sent(05/03/12: AOS Status "PAID")
05/04/12: AOS Packet Delivered to NVC (info via USPS.com)(Approved 05/08/12)
05/07/12: IV Bill Generated, Paid & IV Packet Sent (05/08/12: IV Status "PAID")
05/09/12: IV packet delivered to NVC (info via USPS.com)
05/09/12: Watttttt!!!!!! CHECKLIST. Fake!fake!fake!!!!!
05/14/12: CASE COMPLETE 06/06/12: Receive INTERVIEW DATE 06/07/12:Email

Medical / US Consulate / POE:
07/03/12: Medical Appointment (Received seal packet and 2 shots on 07/12/2012).
07/18/12: Interview Date (APPROVED)
08/17/12: POE @(EWR) Newark NJ Airport. US

06/20/13: our son is born :)

ROC: Eligible May 19th, 2014- Received letter from USCIS

May 2014- Husband is an American Solider with his US Citizenship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the new little VJer

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

I sent them an email this morning :) That's exactly how I read it too. Not sure how responsive they will be, but they've been good before so we'll see...no response yet, but here's hoping! Wonder how fast I can get this done if need be...

Let's hope they respond fast and with good news for you yes.gif

:dance: BABY is hereeeeeeeeeeee CONGRATZ

412 days From my N-400 to I-130 Interview for My husband
05/26/2011- MARRIED to my Soul Mate
N-400 USCIS (139Days) ME
07/06/11- Mailed N-400 APP
07/12/11- Acceptance Email. 07/16/11- I-797C NOA1
10/29/11- Oath letter came, oath date 11/10/2011.10/31/11- Reschedule Oath :(
11/28/11- OATH CEREMONYI AM A US CITIZEN

1-130 USCIS (180 Days) HUBBY
09/20/11- Mailed I-130
09/22/11- USCIS received I-130(09/26/11- sent to CSC,09/27/11- Check Cashed).
09/30/11- NOA1 (NOA1 date 09/23/2011) Jan,2012- update from LPR to US Citizen
03/21/12- NOA2 (Email @11:45pm/ Hard copy received 03/26/12)
[NOA2 Sent to NVC (21day after)USCIS mail out case on April 11th 2012 to NVC

NVC 28 Days HUBBY
04/16/12: NVC received (26 days after NOA2)
04/25/12: NVC Case Number,(9days after NVC receive case)
04/27/12: DS3032 sent by email (receive auto response)(05/07/12 Ds-3032 ACCEPTED)
05/02/12: AOS invoice generated, Paid & AOS Packet Sent(05/03/12: AOS Status "PAID")
05/04/12: AOS Packet Delivered to NVC (info via USPS.com)(Approved 05/08/12)
05/07/12: IV Bill Generated, Paid & IV Packet Sent (05/08/12: IV Status "PAID")
05/09/12: IV packet delivered to NVC (info via USPS.com)
05/09/12: Watttttt!!!!!! CHECKLIST. Fake!fake!fake!!!!!
05/14/12: CASE COMPLETE 06/06/12: Receive INTERVIEW DATE 06/07/12:Email

Medical / US Consulate / POE:
07/03/12: Medical Appointment (Received seal packet and 2 shots on 07/12/2012).
07/18/12: Interview Date (APPROVED)
08/17/12: POE @(EWR) Newark NJ Airport. US

06/20/13: our son is born :)

ROC: Eligible May 19th, 2014- Received letter from USCIS

May 2014- Husband is an American Solider with his US Citizenship.

Timeline

Let's hope they respond fast and with good news for you yes.gif

I don't mind getting shots - really - but I don't want to overdo it and take away from someone else if I don't have to :) Would be nice if they'd just take what I've got :)

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.