Savagefire

why do I need I-824 form?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Has anyone had to file form I-824? I have not lost my notice letter. I recieved a letter from USCIS stating my case status is outside processing time and want me to file I-824 for a duplicate copy of apprival notice. Does anyone know what is going on here? I have already contacted my congressman. This is my first time applying for a fiancee visa and I thought things would be simple. I am pretty much disgusted with this. I applied in Feb approved on May 1 and been waiting and waiting for USCIS to send to NVC. And now they want 200 more dollars to send to the NVC and who knows how long a wait for that. I am sick of this runaround and thinking about canceling and marrying in her country and filing a DCF. I did not know about that before and think that might be a better way.

noticed profile in ChristianCafe.com

March 31 2005 - sent email

April 6 2005 - she replied

April 21 2005 - first phone call

April 23 2005 - first yahoo chat

Nov 18-28 2005 - met in Singapore

Nov 23 2005 - engaged

Feb 13 2006 - filed petition

Feb 16 2006 - USCIS recieved NOA1

May 1 2006 - NOA2

Aug 1 2006 - after 90 day wait called USCIS

AUG 10 2006 - letter from NVC stating petition still not recieved

Aug 21 2006 - contacted congressman and informed about situation

Sept 14 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS via congressman need 30 more days for complete review

confided with fiancee and agree to give 30 more days no more

Oct 3 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS stating that approvial notice sent 5-01-06, please file I-824 ($200) and 7 month backlog for duplicate notice

plan to abandon fiancee visa and go spousal visa via DCF

Oct 18 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS via congressman petition was RETRIEVED??? (FROM WHERE???) and forwarded to NVC and allow 30 days for processing

Oct 27 2006 - recieved letter from NVC stating petition will be forwarded to counsualte in Jakarta within a week

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you know you were approved back in May? Did you receive any sort of notice in the mail or by email?

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

if your approval was May 1, it would have expired on Sept 2. guess that's why they're asking for I-824.

when petition is at the Embassy, they usually extend the NOA2 if it will expire before the interview. question is why it was still at CSC or NVC? i can understand your frustration.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

... I thought things would be simple. ..

Therein was your first mistake....

Sorry....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Savagefire

Have you heard nothing from the service center since being approved in May? Why have you let it go so long and not know why it hasnt been transferred to NVC? Did you not receive the NOA2 when it was approved and did you make an enquiry about not receiving it? Are you certain that your case hasn't already been sent to NVC and then onto the consulate? I have not noted anyone receiving a request to file I-824 unless that person has enquired about their NOA2 because they haven't received it.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I recieved my NOA2 in may and I have called and called USCIS and NVC. Given the same answer give them 90 days, then 30 days and still told to wait. I have even called the emabassy and they haven't recieved anything. I have faxed a copy of NOA2 and given to NVC and USCIS and my congressman. I have no idea what is going on and it seems like no one else does either.

noticed profile in ChristianCafe.com

March 31 2005 - sent email

April 6 2005 - she replied

April 21 2005 - first phone call

April 23 2005 - first yahoo chat

Nov 18-28 2005 - met in Singapore

Nov 23 2005 - engaged

Feb 13 2006 - filed petition

Feb 16 2006 - USCIS recieved NOA1

May 1 2006 - NOA2

Aug 1 2006 - after 90 day wait called USCIS

AUG 10 2006 - letter from NVC stating petition still not recieved

Aug 21 2006 - contacted congressman and informed about situation

Sept 14 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS via congressman need 30 more days for complete review

confided with fiancee and agree to give 30 more days no more

Oct 3 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS stating that approvial notice sent 5-01-06, please file I-824 ($200) and 7 month backlog for duplicate notice

plan to abandon fiancee visa and go spousal visa via DCF

Oct 18 2006 - recieved letter from USCIS via congressman petition was RETRIEVED??? (FROM WHERE???) and forwarded to NVC and allow 30 days for processing

Oct 27 2006 - recieved letter from NVC stating petition will be forwarded to counsualte in Jakarta within a week

I recieved my NOA2 in may and I have called and called USCIS and NVC. Given the same answer give them 90 days, then 30 days and still told to wait. I have even called the emabassy and they haven't recieved anything. I have faxed a copy of NOA2 and given to NVC and USCIS and my congressman. I have no idea what is going on and it seems like no one else does either.

Damm........I'm sorry you are having this happen. I would keep on the congressperson to find out what is going on and make sure to also send a copy of the letter that you just received regarding the I-824. I would probably also include copies of anything else already sent to the congressperson so its all in one packet. It is just odd that you received the request for the I-824 under the circumstances that you have. Keep us up on what is happening. All the very best to you and I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hi,

Myself had to file a i-824 several mths ago and some members might know me from all the cussing i made about this poxy form...well i called it the black hole form as you never know when ya going to come out. Also i think its a bloody scam of a form....

Now let me tell you the reasons of why and how i became to file this poxy form...On Q 22 on the i-130 my wife whos a usc put my country instead of hers which is USA a simple error if ya dont read correctly. which then we filed the 824 and payed and then put back into the system untill they the uscis got around it, which by the time we where Approved by the i824 was a 8mths +......8mths+ of wasted time.....

Now im not sure if this could be your case as your doing a different route than us. We also was Approved on our `130 but out of the blue came that i824 and they never did contact us we had to try and find the reason why.......oooopppps sorry yes it was on the bottom of our Approved 130 it said...

You have been Approved on your 130 ..if your husband is not in the usa he must file a i-824 form A.O.S

we both thought it was just standard thing to note on that Approvel Notice...

Call the uscis and try and speak to a human......they might give you a reason of why you had to file the i824 form.....if you do have to then just bite your bottom lip and fill it out as this sarger will cost you time...

Sorry i can't give you much good news but thats my sorry axx story on that matter..

Edited by nigel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.