dwarf

Booking Flight but it says credit card holder should be passenger

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

has anyone encountered such while booking? are they really strict about it that the credit card payee should at least be with the passenger or the passenger itself...it's for hawaain air..

Have your fiance send you a photo copy of the credit card, may be a good idea for him to call the airline and talk to them also. For sure have his contact phone number.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Have your fiance send you a photo copy of the credit card, may be a good idea for him to call the airline and talk to them also. For sure have his contact phone number.

Yes, this was an issue for me once when I was traveling on Qatar Airways from Nairobi to Shanghai. It wasn't a big issue but I did have to answer questions about how I came to be booked on the flight via someone else's credit card. For future reference, I do intend to take the advice given above and to have a photocopy just to be on the safe side. Can you pay for someone else's taking with your credit card? Yes. Are there precautions you should take to avoid inconveniences? Absolutely.

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

has anyone encountered such while booking? are they really strict about it that the credit card payee should at least be with the passenger or the passenger itself...it's for hawaain air..

I booked my flights online with Delta.com and used my Fiance's card, there were no questions asked at all.

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It all depends on the country you are booking the flight. Airlines have a list of countries that are High Risk/Fraud countries. They will require additional proof of purchase from the passenger and purchaser.

High-Risk Countries and Regions for Fraud:

Africa

Amsterdam in Holland

AZERBAIJAN

Belgium

BRAZIL

BULGARIA

Bulgaria

CHINA

China

CYPRUS

Eastern Europe

Egypt

FRANCE

Ghana

Indonesia

Israel

ITALY

JAPAN

KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF

KOREA, REPUBLIC OF

LATVIA

Lithuania

LUXEMBOURG

Malaysia

Malmö in Sweden

MEXICO

MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF

Nigeria

Pakistan

Palestine

PHILIPPINES

ROMANIA

Romania

Russia

RUSSIAN FEDERATION

SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS

SAUDI ARABIA

SINGAPORE

SOUTH AFRICA

Southwest Asia

SPAIN

SWEDEN

THAILAND

Turkey

UKRAINE

Ukraine

VIETNAM

Yugoslavia

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

We used Delta too...all I had to do was go to any Delta ticket counter, give flight and confirmation info to the Delta agent, they verified it was not fraud, put it in the computer, we are good to go. I called them a few days later to make sure it was input in their system. Yes, so you need to do this.

With Delta I was required to go to the airport and show my credit card after I bought her tickets. Its quite the pain in the butt, as the airport is a long way from my home, parking is horrendous and expensive and the lines very long. Took about 4 hours to get that done. I sure wish they had a ticketing agent off site that could have handled this. I love how they said its for my protection. If my card was stolen and I failed to report it, the worst I could be out is $50. They guaranteed it cost me $50 in gas and parking, plus the lost time.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thats the ticket Hank...and it is YOU that is showing off, hahaha.

hope you're having fun over there man.

show off!! :lol:

For me I figured it would be best if I delivered the credit card to my fiancee.... :rofl:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats the ticket Hank...and it is YOU that is showing off, hahaha.

hope you're having fun over there man.

Hey... smoke 'em if you have 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.