jake0926

Increased processing estimates

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Processing estimates seems to be increasing every time I look at my timeline.

Used to be April 4th - when I first signed up on VJ, now it is April 19th -.

I guess the service centers are steadily taking longer these days?

At this rate the estimate will increase faster than the passing days!

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Processing estimates seems to be increasing every time I look at my timeline.

Used to be April 4th - when I first signed up on VJ, now it is April 19th -.

I guess the service centers are steadily taking longer these days?

At this rate the estimate will increase faster than the passing days!

It likely means more VJ members are taking time to update their timelines, which will influence the adjudication estimates.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It will pick up again. statisically the service centers receive the fewest number of submitted petitions in the months of December and January. They will most likely move through adjudication of these petitions at a faster rate than the previous months and then as visa journey members update their timelines it should all even out. I'm still hoping that I might get lucky with a late April approval. I'm feeling May is the month for January filers however.

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It likely means more VJ members are taking time to update their timelines, which will influence the adjudication estimates.

Agree, the more data provided by VJ members accurately updating timelines, the more statistical power of the timeline estimates. The VJ statistics/data are only as good as the data inputed. :thumbs:

That is what makes this DIY site a worthwhile venue.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It will pick up again. statisically the service centers receive the fewest number of submitted petitions in the months of December and January. They will most likely move through adjudication of these petitions at a faster rate than the previous months and then as visa journey members update their timelines it should all even out. I'm still hoping that I might get lucky with a late April approval. I'm feeling May is the month for January filers however.

It seems like they've been working pretty fast, especially VSC. I'm a February filer and I'm HOPING to get mine approved in May!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Seems like most of the VSC early-mid November 2011 petitioners got their NOA2 in about 3 months or even less with some.

I got my NOA1 in December 6, making it almost 4 months now. Looks like most petitioners who got their NOA1 in similar timeframe as mine haven't received their NOA2. I'm hoping they already started on December+. Would hate to wait full 5 months or longer!

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can't speak for VSC but CSC still has a lot of November and December petitions :(:angry: I will be really happy when they get to January filers so I can start being hopeful about my NOA2. Right now, I am just overwhelmed by what they have to go through before they get to me. Of course I hope and pray that I will be one of those lucky ones who gets picked out of the pile randomly and ends up with a short wait time. It is rather frustrating though how some people sail through in 2 to 4 months to NOA2 and others wait 6months plus and there is just no knowing which group you will fall under. Anyway, best not to obsess over it. Wish everyone fast processing times!

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We're heading into the months where typically things move much faster. December-April historically sees not as many petitions as in the summer and fall months. 5 month waits turn into 3 months...again, based on the last few years. Anything could, can and does happen however. Updated timelines or lack thereof will show estimated dates going all over the place. I usually only check once a day, but yesterday I happened to check three times and had three different dates. Things should smooth out soon, hopefully!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

We're heading into the months where typically things move much faster. December-April historically sees not as many petitions as in the summer and fall months. 5 month waits turn into 3 months...again, based on the last few years. Anything could, can and does happen however. Updated timelines or lack thereof will show estimated dates going all over the place. I usually only check once a day, but yesterday I happened to check three times and had three different dates. Things should smooth out soon, hopefully!

:thumbs: Be it unto us, according to your words :yes:

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.