Britan

Where to mail I-129f package?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! I am ready to send out my I-129f package and am faced with a question of where:

I am a GA resident but I will be in NY for the duration of the immigration process.

Do I send the package to the center that corresponds to GA or NY?

If I send it to the one that corresponds to GA, will they still mail all of the information that follows to NY?

Thanks in advance for your help VJers!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello! I am ready to send out my I-129f package and am faced with a question of where:

I am a GA resident but I will be in NY for the duration of the immigration process.

Do I send the package to the center that corresponds to GA or NY?

If I send it to the one that corresponds to GA, will they still mail all of the information that follows to NY?

Thanks in advance for your help VJers!

When in doubt...FOLLOW THE USCIS INSTRUCTIONS ! Send the I-129F petition to the Dallas Texas lockbox.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

All packets have to go to Texas first. They send it to the service center from there. I live in Virginia, I sent it to Texas, they cashed my check and sent it to Vermont. It is stated on the instruction forms for the I-129f. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving from spousal visa to K-1 visa forums.

- You posted in the wrong place and have not read the instructions - VERY CAREFULLY read the instructions please. Everything is clearly stated there.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you!

I am new to visa journey so please excuse me for not knowing what information is available. I am applying for a K-1 visa and wasn't aware until after I asked my question that I had filled in the wrong personal information. Thank you to those of you who responded with HELPFUL information. :-)

Thank you!

I am new to visa journey so please excuse me for not knowing what information is available. I am applying for a K-1 visa and wasn't aware until after I asked my question that I had filled in the wrong personal information. Thank you to those of you who responded with HELPFUL information. :-)

Everyone is here to be helpful, but we get this question constantly when it's in the instructions document for the petition. Please be sure to review your petition thoroughly as well as the supporting materials you're going to send to ensure you have everything needed. If you missed the info on where to send the petition, it's possible you may have missed other key details.

Good luck!

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

And look this over to help put everything together correctly http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Moving from spousal visa to K-1 visa forums.

- You posted in the wrong place and have not read the instructions - VERY CAREFULLY read the instructions please. Everything is clearly stated there.

Seriously? I know the site wants to keep things organized, but could we please be a little more constructive in our feedback. This process is stressful enough without attitude from the peeps who are supposed to help. Lets remember what it was like when we all first filed and try to be empathetic.

Timeline

Thank you!

Hang in there Britan, this process is confusing and a pain! (we are dealing with the US government) Keep your eye on the prize and ask all you want, that is what the site is intended for. Some of the long time users forget what it was like to be new at all of this. Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously? I know the site wants to keep things organized, but could we please be a little more constructive in our feedback. This process is stressful enough without attitude from the peeps who are supposed to help. Lets remember what it was like when we all first filed and try to be empathetic.

Yes Seriously.

I am constructive in my feed back. They first day I came here I asked a question without reading the instructions. I was told to read the instructions. - best advice EVER given on this site.

IF you don't read them you will miss out on very important information. Namely the instructions on where to mail things, who to make the payments too and many other things.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is a DIY, do-it-yourself, site. I need no reminder of the stress and anxiety of the visa process, I am just a little further down the road still having stressful and anxious moments with the visa process. I found this site AFTER I filed my I-129F petition. I wish I would have found it earlier, my preparation would have been much easier and less stressful and anxiogenic. I ended up doing a lot of reading and personal research of government instructions and GOOGLE searches. However the only thing that is necessary to access the site's wealth of free, available great information is to READ it! The free advice and information is just that... FREE, collected by previous and current VJ members on their own visa journey. I have found the "old-timers" on this site very helpful and quite empathetic, if I have done my homework (DIY) and ask focused, informed inquiries.

YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Britan, Welcome to this fantastic site. VJ Members use alot abbreviations, which will become familiar to you as you navigate the site. My suggestion would be to spend some time on this site for a few days, get an Idea of where the guides, example forms, USCIS instructions, etc are. You will definatley be better prepared. It can be costly in both time and money to send off an unprepared Petition.

Kelly

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Timeline

Yes Seriously.

I am constructive in my feed back. They first day I came here I asked a question without reading the instructions. I was told to read the instructions. - best advice EVER given on this site.

IF you don't read them you will miss out on very important information. Namely the instructions on where to mail things, who to make the payments too and many other things.

Didn't mean to offend! This site can be confusing and I was just suggesting the use of kinder re-direction and links for new comers. That is all... Good luck with your journey.

Timeline

This is a DIY, do-it-yourself, site. I need no reminder of the stress and anxiety of the visa process, I am just a little further down the road still having stressful and anxious moments with the visa process. I found this site AFTER I filed my I-129F petition. I wish I would have found it earlier, my preparation would have been much easier and less stressful and anxiogenic. I ended up doing a lot of reading and personal research of government instructions and GOOGLE searches. However the only thing that is necessary to access the site's wealth of free, available great information is to READ it! The free advice and information is just that... FREE, collected by previous and current VJ members on their own visa journey. I have found the "old-timers" on this site very helpful and quite empathetic, if I have done my homework (DIY) and ask focused, informed inquiries.

YMMV.

No question is a stupid question in my book. This site is for all kinds of things. Not just for information, but for venting, and finding comradery with others in the same situation. A simple link on where to find the information was all that this person needed. Not every person is web and computer savy. Good luck on your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.