Sam1234

I-134 Form questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys forgive me if i started this topic in the wrong section. Here is my dilemma. Per my previous post my 7 year relationship is finally coming to marriage and i got the info on how to start the process. Here is my worry. My best friend needs sponsorship for his greencard as he is married to a U.S. citizen. I promised him i would help him so we are in the process of doing so. He has been waiting a long time as he didn't have any one who could do this for him. His I-134 is currently being sent to DHS. Now what can i do for my future wife's I-134? I assume i will not be able to sign hers also, or can I? I make around 34K a year currently not counting bonuses. Will i have to get some one else to sign for my future wife? And, Will the fact that my info is in the I-134 of my best friend influence the paperwork im about to file once i get married? (I-130) Thank you for any input.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you sure you sent the I-134 and not the I-864? The second one would be the normal affidavit of support for a spousal visa or Adjustment of Status in the USA.

You can sponsor as many immigrants as your income can support. With your income of $34'000, you could support 5 people with money to spare, and assuming you have no other dependants (kids etc), your household would be 3 (you+ wife+ immigrant friend), so you will be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Are you sure you sent the I-134 and not the I-864? The second one would be the normal affidavit of support for a spousal visa or Adjustment of Status in the USA.

You can sponsor as many immigrants as your income can support. With your income of $34'000, you could support 5 people with money to spare, and assuming you have no other dependants (kids etc), your household would be 3 (you+ wife+ immigrant friend), so you will be fine.

Yes sorry it would be the I-864

Timeline

Yes sorry it would be the I-864

Quick question, my friend is doing everything thoug a lawyer. I told him i was going to sign for my future wife and he stated that his lawyer told him that if i signed for her i wouldnt be able to sign for any one else for 5 years. Is there any truth to this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Absolutely not true. You can sign for as many immigrants as you can support with your income.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hmmm. an immigration attorney said that? IMO, tis time to ditch him/her, tell yer friend's USCitizen Spouse that. Then tell that Citizen to Join VJ, and finish up.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Quick question, my friend is doing everything thoug a lawyer. I told him i was going to sign for my future wife and he stated that his lawyer told him that if i signed for her i wouldnt be able to sign for any one else for 5 years. Is there any truth to this?

No truth to that whatsoever.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.