Justdazed

Photographs for Application

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is going to seem really petty, on the Instructions for Form N-400 it says Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and Alien Registration Number on the back of each photo

However...

In the Guide to Naturalization and Document Checklist is says 2 identical color photographs, with your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo.

If I wrote my name and alien number with felt (or skinny sharpie) is that enough to have my application sent back?

Edited by Justdazed

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Who knows what they want, for wife and stepdaughter, had them print in ink on the left hand margin on the face of their photos. If I knew they wanted that, could have done that very neatly with my photo program. That is the way my wife's certificate is, with her hand printing on her photo. For stepdaughter, never used that photo, but printed out the one they took at her biometrics.

Also recommend you bring two extra photos, wife's IO got angry at my wife because she didn't print her name and alien number on the front in the left hand margin, but wasn't an issue, but gives you the impression you are dealing with psychos. Don't argue or make excuses, just smile and do whatever they tell you to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you wil be fine. What they basically are saying is they do not want you to use a ball point pen or press heavily with a pencil as it could cause a mark/ ridge in the photo.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

This is going to seem really petty, on the Instructions for Form N-400 it says Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and Alien Registration Number on the back of each photo

However...

In the Guide to Naturalization and Document Checklist is says 2 identical color photographs, with your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo.

If I wrote my name and alien number with felt (or skinny sharpie) is that enough to have my application sent back?

The reason why they are stressing on using only pencil is to make sure that the photos do not get make a deep imprint on it. As suggested by the others, take a couple of your pics with you and hand them over, if the IO is not happy about the ones that were sent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Honestly, I am not sure if they use the printed passport photos for anything. It's the digital photo taken at biometrics that ended up on my naturalisation cert.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I used a felt tip pen, and so far the package was accepted and I have my bio appointment. Just use a soft touch and you should be fine.

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the feedback. I'll submit what I have & just in case bring 2 more with me to my interview.

:bonk: <---- What I felt like last night. Submitting on Wednesday!

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.