Mrs5k

UPDATE: Is This Allowed?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!,

If you have read my previous thread on this forum you will know that me and my boyfriend contacted the news in Atlanta regarding the inappropriate actions of the immigration officer that refused me entry into the US. Well the news has finally published the story! http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/I-Team-Customs-Agent-Abuse-of-Power-20120322-pm-pk

That is the link to the website where you can view the story. I have been told that it is the first of a 2 part story, the second part will run next week and as of right now I have no idea what it is about but should know more Monday.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I wish they would have focused more on the inappropriate behavior. Them calling your fiance is ok - that's your contact in the US. Them taking you aside for questioning is ok. It's the emails and comments that are way off, waaaay way off. And just like you said at the end of the clip, this guy is in a job where he gets to decide who's let into the country and who's not. Ultimately, they may ask you inappropriate questions to see if you're just out to find a way into the states but not use your personal information in their private life. I'm somewhat sure it's breaching the rules of that specific job.

I remember your story. Please give an update if/when you get one.

A little side note - it's refreshing to see a live person behind the username on VJ! Just sorry this is the reason why.

Good luck though. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good story. I did notice though that you emailed him a fair amount of text... what did you say to his first "hope you made it back safe" thing. I doesn't look from the vid like you flipped out and said "how did you get my details?" but maybe you did at the end. I can only see the start. creepy

Timeline

Hey guys!

There were about 4 emails that he sent to me and maybe 2 that I sent to him. I didn't flip out and say how did you get my info because I had to write my information down several times whilst they were talking to me so it was pretty clear to me how he got it. The main thing that I said to him was that we shouldn't say in contact considering what happened to which he responded saying that I should rethink it. The day he replied to that email is the day I made a complaint so the emails stopped.

I agree that they did focus on the wrong things but they didn't run the story by me before it went out so not much I could do at that point. I'm not sure what the second part is going to be but Dana should have some answers for me on Monday.

I don't really understand why it is taking immigration this long to deal with this situation...I have his email address written by him in his handwriting on a scrap piece of paper right THERE is enough evidence to show that he was up to no good then the emails that he sent me is further evidence that he is not doing his job correctly.

Thank you all for the support.

Timeline

Also when I was on the plane I talked to my boyfriend and told him everything and we had already made the decision that we were going to make a complaint so when he emailed me saying that he had been thinking about me I responded with thinking about what? so that I could have some actual evidence to back up the whole entire story of him saying inappropriate things. I figured that if it is there in writing that he was obviously attracted to me and wanting to stay in contact with me it at least showed the possibility that he was being inappropriate on the actual day that this happened and could act as proof to back up my story.

If you're wanting to know what else was in the email that I wrote, the first response from me was me explaining me not being happy at all with the situation and he asked if he could call me.

Good for you following up with a complaint. I thought the news story was good.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 months later...

I'm really glad your story is being told!! My undergraduate degree is in journalism and I can tell you... it's not just the reporter who chooses what to include and what angle to take, there's an editor, news director, producers, etc. all asking their own questions and splicing things together to make things more interesting.

The important thing is to get your story out there and for people to know that you were treated unfairly.

Thank you for speaking out about this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.