UNO

Please help me on my F2B visa application inquiry

11 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guy's,

Greetings, I just would like to ask some information/guidance/assistance/help about my F2B application which my Dad applied for me in California. My priority date is August 13,2002 since then I stay single and never marries(even I had a children from a girl which is very difficult here in the Philippines if the children are born illegitimate).

Also can somebody tell me why the NVC made me process and mail the documents birth certificate, Police clearance, fill up the online documents and my Father pay the processing fees last August 2010? then our last communication is May 13,2011 when they ask this

(Based upon the information received, the NVC is unable to determine the date of birth for the petitioner. Please submit a copy of a government-issued document indicating the date of birth (e.g. valid passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate). The document must include the month, day, and year of birth)

He send comply right away( We thought this is the end of the long waiting :crying: and finally fulfill my Dad request)I know this is the stage where you process all the documents wait for an interview and medical then fly( correct me if I am wrong)But it's already 2012 and no one mailed me from NVC what happen? I Emailed them for follow up's and I only got an answer that.

(The applicant's name has been placed on the list of documentarily qualified cases awaiting the availability of visa numbers under the numerical limitations prescribed by statute. The designated representative of this case (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will be notified of an appointment date as soon as the numbers have been received. The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.)

The processing fee is long overdue do we need to pay again next time? Can somebody answer my queries and what should I do or next step? Please help, need your encouragement.

Sincerely yours,

Uno

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Guy's,

Greetings, I just would like to ask some information/guidance/assistance/help about my F2B application which my Dad applied for me in California. My priority date is August 13,2002 since then I stay single and never marries(even I had a children from a girl which is very difficult here in the Philippines if the children are born illegitimate).

Also can somebody tell me why the NVC made me process and mail the documents birth certificate, Police clearance, fill up the online documents and my Father pay the processing fees last August 2010? then our last communication is May 13,2011 when they ask this

(Based upon the information received, the NVC is unable to determine the date of birth for the petitioner. Please submit a copy of a government-issued document indicating the date of birth (e.g. valid passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate). The document must include the month, day, and year of birth)

He send comply right away( We thought this is the end of the long waiting :crying: and finally fulfill my Dad request)I know this is the stage where you process all the documents wait for an interview and medical then fly( correct me if I am wrong)But it's already 2012 and no one mailed me from NVC what happen? I Emailed them for follow up's and I only got an answer that.

(The applicant's name has been placed on the list of documentarily qualified cases awaiting the availability of visa numbers under the numerical limitations prescribed by statute. The designated representative of this case (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will be notified of an appointment date as soon as the numbers have been received. The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.)

The processing fee is long overdue do we need to pay again next time? Can somebody answer my queries and what should I do or next step? Please help, need your encouragement.

Sincerely yours,

Uno

you won't get an interview date until your priority date is current. you have to check the visa bulletin every month. the F2B category for Philippines for April is Dec 8, 2001, so you still have more waiting.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5674.html

here is the link to the visa bulletin.

Hi Guy's,

Sincerely yours,

Uno

you have to wait until your priority date becomes current before they can send you the interview date

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5674.html

Filed: Timeline

The answer above is correct.

My brother and my sister is also under F2B (philippines) and their priority date is January 24, 2002. We're hoping that their priority date will be current on May or June. Your priority date is August 2002 so your PD will be current this year or earlier next year.

Timeline

The answer above is correct.

My brother and my sister is also under F2B (philippines) and their priority date is January 24, 2002. We're hoping that their priority date will be current on May or June. Your priority date is August 2002 so your PD will be current this year or earlier next year.

My PD is march 2002.. Hoping there would be a movement on the incoming visa bulletin.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi Guy's,

Sincerely yours,

Uno

The reason your case has been processing slowly is because of Retrogression. Retrogression is a complex subject which you can research on this forum - it has been discussed frequently at the beginning of 2011. Essentially, Retrogression delayed a lot of cases including yours. Because Retrogression is the US government's fault, the fees your dad pay will not expire within a year.

Once your PD becomes current again (or when it is anticipated to become current again soon), the US government will contact you and/or the petitioner to continue your case.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you very much everyone, sometimes it double the hardship of understanding the process when your only one. But with a group like this it seems the waiting is not that long anymore. God bless everyone.

• 10 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Uno,

Sorry in continuing this topic. Your situation is very similar to my brother's case except the retrogression. My brother is F2B applicant, had a child, the child is using my brother's family name and living together with his girlfriend. But they are not married yet. Their plan is to wait until my brother get the PRC. By the time my brother got PRC, they will get married.

If in case my brother will be approved (received PRC) and then get married, and petition the girlfriend (turned wife) as well, will it be a big problem to petition the child too? As we all know, F2B category is for unmarried applicant. The child was born with unmarried parents and using fathers family name. The purpose of not getting married is to maintain the status of the father as single as requirements for F2B. By the time my brother will petition his own son, will it be also a problem on his side of petitioning to illegitimate child? Illegitimate child because there was no fathers name appeared on the birth certificate. The main reason is to keep the status of the father being single. I know this is a very complicated situation. But I do hope everyone out there could enlighten up my questions. the only concern have is, what if the immigration will deny the girlfriend (wife someday) and child petition someday?

thanks

thanks

john.

Edited by John_mint2k

Timeline

Hi Uno,

Sorry in continuing this topic. Your situation is very similar to my brother's case except the retrogression. My brother is F2B applicant, had a child, the child is using my brother's family name and living together with his girlfriend. But they are not married yet. Their plan is to wait until my brother get the PRC. By the time my brother got PRC, they will get married.

If in case my brother will be approved (received PRC) and then get married, and petition the girlfriend (turned wife) as well, will it be a big problem to petition the child too? As we all know, F2B category is for unmarried applicant. The child was born with unmarried parents and using fathers family name. The purpose of not getting married is to maintain the status of the father as single as requirements for F2B. By the time my brother will petition his own son, will it be also a problem on his side of petitioning to illegitimate child? Illegitimate child because there was no fathers name appeared on the birth certificate. The main reason is to keep the status of the father being single. I know this is a very complicated situation. But I do hope everyone out there could enlighten up my questions. the only concern have is, what if the immigration will deny the girlfriend (wife someday) and child petition someday?

thanks

thanks

john.

Hi John,

I have my name in the birth certificate of my children? Because the American immigration law say's unmarried son's and daughters only( there are no statement I cant have children). I am not still married, I am still qualified. I just had wonderful children that I recognized :D Somebody told me its better to be honest or suffer the consequences in the future, specially when you are applying in this kind of procedure. Always look on the positive side. American law are created equal, it has solution for everyone. This is base on my personal opinion:)

Don't loose hope.

Uno

Edited by UNO

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi John,

I have my name in the birth certificate of my children? Because the American immigration law say's unmarried son's and daughters only( there are no statement I cant have children). I am not still married, I am still qualified. I just had wonderful children that I recognized :D Somebody told me its better to be honest or suffer the consequences in the future, specially when you are applying in this kind of procedure. Always look on the positive side. American law are created equal, it has solution for everyone. This is base on my personal opinion:)

Don't loose hope.

Uno

Don't worry guys! I am on the same situation before.

I went to US on an F2B petition last 2011, practically the same as most of the F2Bs fromPH having a common law wife and a child while waiting for their priority dateto become current.

My child surname on the birth certificate was even her mother's surname, justchange it to my surname with an annotation on her BC through RA9255 (law wasnot yet passed when my child was born and was registered)

The good thing, I am able to bring my child with me (she's 10 yrs old then) asa beneficiary of an F2B petition.

Sad to say, as expected my common law wife was left behind who was pregnant bythat time to our youngest child.

..barely less than a month in US the next good things happened..

April 2011 – received our green card

May 2011 – went home to PH and got married

June 2011 – got a full time job

July 2011 – filed F2A petition for my wife

Sept. 2011 – our youngest child was born

…wife and youngest child F2A journey on my signature

Hope this help lessen some of your worries and answer some ofyour question/s on mind …good luck on your F2B journey!

INTERVIEW DATE: 07.12.13 (PD 07.28.11) - PASSED

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Uno,

thanks

thanks

john.

The child qualifies as your brother's derivative on the F2B petition. He can bring the child with him, if he wants to.

As long as he has a "clean" CENOMAR, he can immigrate under F2B because F2B only requires the applicant to be UNMARRIED. He can have as many children as he wants as long as he stays single. This makes the children illegitimate. What's important is the father's name is written in the child's NSO birth certificate and he signed the admission of paternity at the back of the BC.

If he won't bring the child with him, the child will become his wife's derivative when he files F2A for her. The child will immigrate with the mother.

We were on the same boat too. Refer to my signature, it shows our complete timeline from F2B to F2A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.