reecy

K1 Visa Approved

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok VJ Friends, I must first say thank you God for his great faithfulness. Secondly, thank you VJ friends for all your help. We could not have done it without you. I will make this as brief as possible. Our interview lasted approximately two minutes. That's right 2 minutes. Unbelievable! My fiance and I got to the embassy around 6:30am. Our interview was scheduled for 7:30am. There were a few people waiting for their interview. Around 7:00am the guards signaled us to get in line so that we can go into the building. My fiance showed them his appointment letter and his passport. When I showed them my passport they said I have to wait until 8:30 to enter the building. I sat patiently and waited. The guards were not rude. They were very firm and polite. When I finally got into the building I had to sign in. My fiance was

waiting for his interview. His documents

were submitted, he was finger printed, and his visa fee of $350 was already paid. (walk with exact amount sometimes there is no change. you can also pay with the equivalency in cedis) When my fiance was called to the window he was sworn, did biometric confirmation(fingerprint) and asked these questions: 1. How long have you known your fiancee? 2. Did you pay your visa fee in usd or cedis and how much did you pay? The CO got out the blue slip for approval. While she was filing the blue slip out she asked him, "you had an engagement party?" My fiance said

yes. The CO said good news you are approved the bad news is you have to wait until next month to travel.

The interview was over! While my fiance was packing up his truck load of documents, she asked, "What do you do?" He responded. The CO said, "Just curious." Guys I cannot stress enough, organization and presentation is the key to your k1 visa. The more you present the less questions will be asked. I saw people get denied. It was simply because they were not prepared. The CO was very courteous and friendly. We are willing to help with any questions based on our experience. Relax, gather all your information, organize it properly and stay positive.

Congrats!! You should post your review in the Embassy/USCIS & POE section so others going through Ghana can be as prepared as you were. :thumbs:

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Ok VJ Friends, I must first say thank you God for his great faithfulness. Secondly, thank you VJ friends for all your help. We could not have done it without you. I will make this as brief as possible. Our interview lasted approximately two minutes. That's right 2 minutes. Unbelievable! My fiance and I got to the embassy around 6:30am. Our interview was scheduled for 7:30am. There were a few people waiting for their interview. Around 7:00am the guards signaled us to get in line so that we can go into the building. My fiance showed them his appointment letter and his passport. When I showed them my passport they said I have to wait until 8:30 to enter the building. I sat patiently and waited. The guards were not rude. They were very firm and polite. When I finally got into the building I had to sign in. My fiance was

were submitted, he was finger printed, and his visa fee of $350 was already paid. (walk with exact amount sometimes there is no change. you can also pay with the equivalency in cedis) When my fiance was called to the window he was sworn, did biometric confirmation(fingerprint) and asked these questions: 1. How long have you known your fiancee? 2. Did you pay your visa fee in usd or cedis and how much did you pay? The CO got out the blue slip for approval. While she was filing the blue slip out she asked him, "you had an engagement party?" My fiance said

yes. The CO said good news you are approved the bad news is you have to wait until next month to travel.

The interview was over! While my fiance was packing up his truck load of documents, she asked, "What do you do?" He responded. The CO said, "Just curious." Guys I cannot stress enough, organization and presentation is the key to your k1 visa. The more you present the less questions will be asked. I saw people get denied. It was simply because they were not prepared. The CO was very courteous and friendly. We are willing to help with any questions based on our experience. Relax, gather all your information, organize it properly and stay positive.

Congratulations.

Can you please tell us how you organise and present the gathered documentations please?Did you give out all the forms and evidences together one time or you gave out the everything and later presented the evidences during the interview?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh wow! :wow: Congrats on the Visa Approval :dance:

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Timeline

Congratulations.

Can you please tell us how you organise and present the gathered documentations please?Did you give out all the forms and evidences together one time or you gave out the everything and later presented the evidences during the interview?

thank you.

Ghana embassy is hard if you are not prepared and organized. People can hear you interview because the seats are close to the windows. I actually saw people got denied because they left out necessary documents. If you use a labeled folder, it will not make much sense because you will have to take out the documents and hand them in. Once you do that everything will be in a big pile and the CO will not be able to find your information quickly. I will suggest using paper clips and tabs onto the documents. I used very small tabs. I then labeled and stick them onto my documents.

Edited by reecy

Timeline

CONGRATULATION!!!

My fiancee will be having his interview date soon and we are starting to gather our evidence, please can you share with me how you presented your documents, what and what did you took with you? How many copies of chat logs? pictures, how many visits ?

Thanks and God Bless.

Edited by s.elsenwholebunch

Timeline

thank you.

Ghana embassy is hard if you are not prepared and organized. People can hear you interview because the seats are close to the windows. I actually saw people got denied because they left out necessary documents. If you use a labeled folder, it will not make much sense because you will have to take out the documents and hand them in. Once you do that everything will be in a big pile and the CO will not be able to find your information quickly. I will suggest using paper clips and tabs onto the documents. I used very small tabs. I then labeled and stick them onto my documents.

Thanks so much for the info. If I may ask pls. how many copies of chatlog and pictures did your fiancee took with him to his interview.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good Afternoon Reecy,

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband :)!!!! I am so happy for you 2!! I have yet to file the I-129F forms yet, but I am in the process of gathering everything. I am definitely SAVING lots of money for this process too. Also, just a quick question....Did you feel it was necessary to attend your fiance's interview with him? I look forward to hearing from u.

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.