Hawk76

I-129F packet Oganization. Also internation marriage Broker???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Organizing the I- 129F packet. Do I need to seperate my Fiancee imformation from mine or can it go into same catagories with each other?? Also Internation marriage broker on line 19 on petition! What is this? We met on a free site called Russian Cupid. Do I need to put this there??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Organizing the I- 129F packet. Do I need to seperate my Fiancee imformation from mine or can it go into same catagories with each other?? Also Internation marriage broker on line 19 on petition! What is this? We met on a free site called Russian Cupid. Do I need to put this there??

If both the man and woman pay the same for same services you don't need to list (ie skype). only if one party pays the fee is it considered broker. at least this is what i recall from reading the instructions... there was also something about the sole purpose being to connect international people for marriage... but i think a fee had to be involved for this. Have you read the 129 instructions, it is pretty clear in the instruction package.

Edited by Thomas70

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just don't mix up multiple pages of forms. For example, don't stick her G-325A behind the first page of the I-129F. Other than that, it's not a big deal. They're going to re-sort everything anyway when they put it into their file folder.

An International Marriage Broker (IMB) is defined under immigration law as an organization that provides a service primarily to hook up American citizens and/or permanent residents with foreigners for the purpose of marriage. It doesn't matter if the service focuses primarily on hooking up foreigners from a specific country (like Russia), as long as they don't primarily focus on hooking up those foreigners with Americans, and they charge the same fees for everyone. For example, if they also arrange relationships between Russians and Europeans, Australians, Canadians, etc. Most online meeting sites are not considered to be IMB's, which includes all of the "cupid" sites, as far as I know.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.