J&Ch

For what take so long our NOA2? Please help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have read a lot trying to understand why our NOA2 takes so long but can not find an answer. Our process started in July 30, 2011, we had a RFE in November for an administrative mistake by the CO, then a second RFE in December 30 I needed a final divorce centencia. We send the response on January 30 and still no response. Fulfill almost 8 long months waiting for our NOA2 and yet not come. I have read about a senator for help, as do this? If it is convenient? We believe that we comply with all requirements. This is very painful and the only answer we get is that they are still within 60 days.

NOA1: 25 July 2011

RFE 30 nov: 2011

RFE hardcopy: 6 Dic 2011

RFE Sent back: 8 Dic 2011

New NOA1: 23 Aprill 2012

NOA2: 18 Oct 2012

8 months of waiting is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long. Contact your senator and ask for help.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

I agree with Kish.2328. That is too long for a response to an RFE. I would contact one of your senators.

Well,what I feared happened. Our NOA2 was denied. We are so sad, I can not sleep. This is absurd, we send the final divorce and they say that my boyfriend was divorced after the application, this is not logical, his former wife remarried years ago. I do not understand. And now we do? appeal? back to reapply k1? make an application to be married? Please give me ideas, we have our head spinning. Our lawyer is stupid, he should revise our sentence of divorce before sending, it was something basic.

Our lawyer is stupid, he should revise our sentence of divorce before sending, it was something basic.

I agree, he should have caught this obvious flag that killed the petition. I would re-file and make the lawyer pay the $340 fee!

Do you have the message that USCIS sent the second time? Did they actually deny the petition? There is no such term as a NOA2, it only exists on VJ to track the second notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

wow , I think your lawyer really messed things up !!!!!!!!!! You should do everything one more time !!! and explain the UCSIS exactly what happened ! Wish you luck. This process is very painful

- Our Journey -

03/2009 - Met online (Facebook)

12/10/2010 - 12/20/2010 - Met in person (Punta Cana, DR)

Dec 19, 2010 - Proposal - She said Yes :)

2011-08-18 - I-129 Sent

2011-08-24 - NOA1 received:(6 days)

2012-03-14 - NOA2 received:(203 days)

2012-03-23 - NVC packet received:(212 days)

2012-03-24 - NVC packet left:(213 days)

2012-03-29 - Packet 3 received:(218 days)

2012-04-23 - Interview Date: Passed Successfully

2012-05-02 - Visa Received

2012-06-24 - US Entry - Yeayyyyy

2012-09-18 - Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you didn't have a final divorce you weren't legally free to marry so you were not eligble to file a k1. If his ex married before the divorce was final her marriage is invalid but that is on her. ( my ex also married before we were divorced so I have seen that also ) You will need to refile, request the wavier for more than one K1 in 2 years, and wait all over again.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

If you didn't have a final divorce you weren't legally free to marry so you were not eligble to file a k1. If his ex married before the divorce was final her marriage is invalid but that is on her. ( my ex also married before we were divorced so I have seen that also ) You will need to refile, request the wavier for more than one K1 in 2 years, and wait all over again.

That is to say that do not accept more than one request k1 in 2 years??? :crying: How do we apply for request a excepcion? Do you think it is better to get married? We are sure, our love is huge and strong, and we will continue fighting to be together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.