together4evr

Why Wait 5 months in AP before contacing congress?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would like to know why people wait 5-6 months to contact their congressman while waiting in Administraive Processing after the interview?

Who said we have to wait?

If you have a great active legal immigration Congressman then I say have him put his name on your file.

The FBI states 99% of background checks are completed by 120 days (that is 4 months)--so why wait 5-6 months?

The FBI states 80% of background checks are done in 72 hours. So why wait 5-6 months?

The embassy websites (sometimes) state most AP is resolved in 2 months. So, why wait 5-6 months?

Anyone have a real reason instead of just because VJ said so?

My congressman has helped me already. I contacted him after 5 weeks. His immigration assistant Bonnie has helped comfort me and calm me. I faxed the form to them with our full names and case number with a short desription of our interview dat and AP. Within 3 hours she had called me and said she contacted DOS and Congressmans name would be on our file. Stated when the AP is at 60 days she will contact them again for me. Then stated when AP is over she will contact the embassy daily until they release the visa. Hopefully my husband will have his visa soon. and I am sure he will!

This is his website

CONGRESSMAN ADAM KINZINGER

ADAM KINZINGER-REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN 11th DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS

The United States is a nation made up of immigrants and I support common-sense reform to the laws and regulations by which people legally enter our country. We must recognize that legal immigration is not the issue and we must not demonize immigrants who come to our country by following the rules. Illegal immigration, however, places an unsustainable burden on our public services and communities.

Before immigration reform can be seriously addressed, we first must secure America’s borders. If we do not secure our borders, any advances made by reform will be short-lived. This can be done through a physical and virtual fence, which includes the use of reconnaissance drone aircraft, security cameras, and a whole host of technological instruments to increase our situational awareness and help U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents effectively respond to border incursions. Beyond immigration, our porous borders threaten our national security.

When it comes to reform, we must streamline our current system of processing immigrant applicants. U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services must ensure that foreigners have the opportunity to enter the U.S. through legal means. Granting amnesty to illegal immigrants does not help the U.S. sustain its overall security or bolster the economy’s recovery.

Can Congressman Kinzinger's office help me with issues I am having with federal agencies?

As your Congressman, my top priority is to serve and represent you in Washington. One of the mast important responsibilities my office has is to help you navigate through federal agencies. Although my office cannot overrule decisions made by federal agencies, we can help cut through the bureaucratic tape to get your questions asked and work toward finding a solution.

My office can help you with the following agencies: Department of Education, Federal Communications Commission, Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Medicare, Military, Office of Personnel Management, Passport Service, Postal Service, Social Security Administration, State Department, and Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you are prefer to speak with my staff in person, feel free to stop by one of my offices:

Washington, D.C. Office

1218 Longworth HOB

Washington, DC 20515

Hours: Monday-Friday

9:00AM-6:00PM ET

-OR-

Joliet Office

2701 Black Rd., Suite 201

Joliet, IL 60435

8:30AM-5:00PM CT

Washington, D.C. Office

(202) 225-3635

-OR-

Joliet Office

(815) 729-2308

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a very good point...personally I've only taken the advice of VJ posters - haven't really looked into it myself. I have heard people say that your congress person won't look into it until after 5 months because that is within normal processing time. If they will take action before then I'm all about it. I'm already at 5 months but I will be going to my congress person this coming week. Btw where did you get your stats? Are those figures accurate? I've seen this before but always assumed that this information was outdated because it really doesn't feel like 99% of background checks are done within 120 days. Also, I think it may be possible that the actual FBI checks are done within 120 days, but all the back-and-forth between the embassy and washington adds an additional month? and that's why we wait 5 months? Maybe? Who knows...Thanks for posting! Great Info! :)

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I would like to know why people wait 5-6 months to contact their congressman while waiting in Administraive Processing after the interview?

Who said we have to wait?

If you have a great active legal immigration Congressman then I say have him put his name on your file.

The FBI states 99% of background checks are completed by 120 days (that is 4 months)--so why wait 5-6 months?

The FBI states 80% of background checks are done in 72 hours. So why wait 5-6 months?

The embassy websites (sometimes) state most AP is resolved in 2 months. So, why wait 5-6 months?

Anyone have a real reason instead of just because VJ said so?

My congressman has helped me already. I contacted him after 5 weeks. His immigration assistant Bonnie has helped comfort me and calm me. I faxed the form to them with our full names and case number with a short desription of our interview dat and AP. Within 3 hours she had called me and said she contacted DOS and Congressmans name would be on our file. Stated when the AP is at 60 days she will contact them again for me. Then stated when AP is over she will contact the embassy daily until they release the visa. Hopefully my husband will have his visa soon. and I am sure he will!

This is his website

CONGRESSMAN ADAM KINZINGER

ADAM KINZINGER-REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN 11th DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS

The United States is a nation made up of immigrants and I support common-sense reform to the laws and regulations by which people legally enter our country. We must recognize that legal immigration is not the issue and we must not demonize immigrants who come to our country by following the rules. Illegal immigration, however, places an unsustainable burden on our public services and communities.

Before immigration reform can be seriously addressed, we first must secure America’s borders. If we do not secure our borders, any advances made by reform will be short-lived. This can be done through a physical and virtual fence, which includes the use of reconnaissance drone aircraft, security cameras, and a whole host of technological instruments to increase our situational awareness and help U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents effectively respond to border incursions. Beyond immigration, our porous borders threaten our national security.

When it comes to reform, we must streamline our current system of processing immigrant applicants. U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services must ensure that foreigners have the opportunity to enter the U.S. through legal means. Granting amnesty to illegal immigrants does not help the U.S. sustain its overall security or bolster the economy’s recovery.

Can Congressman Kinzinger's office help me with issues I am having with federal agencies?

As your Congressman, my top priority is to serve and represent you in Washington. One of the mast important responsibilities my office has is to help you navigate through federal agencies. Although my office cannot overrule decisions made by federal agencies, we can help cut through the bureaucratic tape to get your questions asked and work toward finding a solution.

My office can help you with the following agencies: Department of Education, Federal Communications Commission, Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Medicare, Military, Office of Personnel Management, Passport Service, Postal Service, Social Security Administration, State Department, and Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you are prefer to speak with my staff in person, feel free to stop by one of my offices:

Washington, D.C. Office

1218 Longworth HOB

Washington, DC 20515

9:00AM-6:00PM ET

-OR-

Joliet Office

2701 Black Rd., Suite 201

Joliet, IL 60435

8:30AM-5:00PM CT

Washington, D.C. Office

(202) 225-3635

-OR-

Joliet Office

(815) 729-2308

I feel your pain I am in 1 month I already contacted my 2 senators and any congressman I found in NY. One congress man already answer me

PS. congress man Peter king He wrote:

"Thank you for u recent correspondence requesting your difficulty with the American Embassy in Turkey.

The Bronx area is represented in congress by the Honorable Jose Serrano. Therefore, I have forwarded your correspondence to congressman Serrano. This is a followed by every member of Congress which enables each other of us to better serve his or her own constituency.

I am sure you will hearing from congressman Serrano soon"

Edited by evelyn1140

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

If I were you I would contact the other congressman myself and email the form to him. I would not wait for them to contact me.

My husbands visa will be delivered today!

12 days after the Congressional Inquiry on our file the AP became complete.

They did not touch his file for 29 days due to backlog and waiting for an available FBI agent to review the background check.

AP took 50 days and it will take 56 days from interview to get his visa in his hand later today.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If I were you I would contact the other congressman myself and email the form to him. I would not wait for them to contact me.

They did not touch his file for 29 days due to backlog and waiting for an available FBI agent to review the background check.

AP took 50 days and it will take 56 days from interview to get his visa in his hand later today.

That's wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I have also made several inquiries to congressman and senator but I think for Pakistan it just simply takes some time for mandatory AP which is name checks and due to the backlog and the out dated data bases it just takes time plus who knows maybe he had a name hit.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Thank you and I hope you wait ends soon and he comes to you quickly. You have been so patient and waited so long.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

You make a very good point...personally I've only taken the advice of VJ posters - haven't really looked into it myself. I have heard people say that your congress person won't look into it until after 5 months because that is within normal processing time. If they will take action before then I'm all about it. I'm already at 5 months but I will be going to my congress person this coming week. Btw where did you get your stats? Are those figures accurate? I've seen this before but always assumed that this information was outdated because it really doesn't feel like 99% of background checks are done within 120 days. Also, I think it may be possible that the actual FBI checks are done within 120 days, but all the back-and-forth between the embassy and washington adds an additional month? and that's why we wait 5 months? Maybe? Who knows...Thanks for posting! Great Info! :)

I researched so much that I forget where the info came from but I am positive the FBI stats came from fbi.gov

And yes if someone has other issues besides background checks then it can take longer. If you were missing some papers or they wanted more evidence of relationship. But if you are certain it is just background and name checks then the fbi stats I gave are what their own website states.

Good Luck

All I did was fax the form to my congressman and they ran with it and called DOS before they called me. I gave them our case number and petitioner and beneficiarys names and signed the form.

But I do think you have to have a congressman that is an advocate for Legal immigration like mine is.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I researched so much that I forget where the info came from but I am positive the FBI stats came from fbi.gov

And yes if someone has other issues besides background checks then it can take longer. If you were missing some papers or they wanted more evidence of relationship. But if you are certain it is just background and name checks then the fbi stats I gave are what their own website states.

Good Luck

All I did was fax the form to my congressman and they ran with it and called DOS before they called me. I gave them our case number and petitioner and beneficiarys names and signed the form.

But I do think you have to have a congressman that is an advocate for Legal immigration like mine is.

congrats happy one journey finished, another starts ....

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

congrats happy one journey finished, another starts ....

Thanks Evelyn

Yours will be over soon!! hang in there

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Togetherforever13, Congratulations!

Oh Carolyn, Thank you so much. Our AP was a mili second compared to what you and many others in Pakistan are going through. I cannot begin to imagine what you must feel. I pray his visa comes soon and God puts his hand on all who come in contact with his papers and gets it moved and finished.

I seen how Egypt had over 1 year AP a couple years back for many people. I think they must have had a lot of complaints and that is why Egypt Ap is much shorter for most people now. I hope people from your country start filing a bunch of complaints and Writs of Mandus so the embassy will change their practice for those that follow you.

If you stay quiet they really have nothing to make them finish the checks. I know some truly take a long time but most should be cleared pretty easily but Pakistan just keeeps waiting patiently. I do not have your virtue of patience.....

God Bless everyone in AP

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Good Luck

Congratulations! I'm so happy you got through so quickly! :) You must be so excited! :)

We were not asked for any additional documents or for more evidence of our relationship. My husband does have a common name but he does not have any sort of criminal or questionable background. Hope we can get out of AP soon. We are at 146 days today... So you didn't go in to your congressman's office at all? I have the form to submit to my senator but I was wondering if I should call or email them first before I send it... I am going to get right on that to see if it helps us! Thanks again for all of your support and advice! So happy for you! :)

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

what form are you refering to? im thinking of contacting my local congressman/woman we are over a month in out AP but its worh a shot.

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Timeline

I googled congressman for my zip code. Then had to figure out which one it was. Went to his website. Filled out consent form to give permission to maje a congresaional inquiry. Wrote me and husbands,name... Cro number. Stated facts of interview jan and placed in ap and no further info given. I would appreciate a congressional inquiry. Thank you and phone number faxed to them

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.