10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi! (F)

Well my husband and I are off to Seattle for Biometrics on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone had good directions to get there and some tricks/tips for getting to and dealing with the Seattle office? Trying to make the drive and the visit as painless as possible ;)

Thanks everyone

Jamie :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't help you as they did something good for me and put my south Washington butt in an office in Portland. ;)

I did want to wish y'all good luck for them though! They were a breeze for me!

(F)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi there! I cannot give you driving tips, since I took the bus :D , but the building is located very accessibly, on the eastern (I believe?) side of Tukwila Intl. Boulevard. There is a parking lot, and it may be a pay lot, which is unfortunate because it doesn't look like there is alternate parking nearby.

If your appointment goes anything like mine, be prepared to wait for a couple hours or so. I got there a couple hours before my appointment time, and had no problems getting in. Everyone is generally nice and civil, and the capturing of the fingerprints and photo are straightforward. Make sure you don't have cuts on your fingers. Also, if you have any facial piercings, make sure that you remove them before they take your picture.

If you applied for EAD as well, and if you have "code 3" on your NOAs, bring both NOAs and you will be able to have biometrics done for both at the same time.

Good luck!

US Citizen since August 09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We went there for an Infopass appt there. There is a pay lot but we can't remember how much they charge. This is the only place to park, as the road is a bigger one

Here's the address in case you didn't have it (I'm sure you do):

12500 Tukwila International Boulevard

Seattle, WA 98168

I was able to map it on www.mapquest.com and it's accurate from my experience.

The security area is like going through security at an airport. Make sure you don't take in too much extra stuff because you have to take all change out of pockets, etc. But it was pretty easy. Once you get through there, you go down a hall to the waiting area and that's about it.

Good luck!

29 Nov 2005 - Married!!

15 Dec 2005 - Sent in AOS, EAD and AP stuff

21 Dec 2005 - Checks cashed

28 Dec 2005 - Received NOAs, all 3.

.....tapping fingers.... waiting.....

8th Feb 2006 - Got our biometrics appt for March 3r

28th Feb 2006 - Received the AP in the mail

3 Mar 2006 - Biometrics appointment

9 Mar 2006 - EAD approved

13 Mar 2006 - EAD received!

I was there last week for my interview. If you're driving there from Seattle you can take the viaduct south, and then take the marginal way exit to head onto highway 99 south. The exit can be confusing as there are lots of merges and exits to go through to get onto the right road. From there the international boulevard exit is just a couple of miles on. I'd recommend doing a practise run first.

The bus is very easy - the 174 stops right outside.

Parking lot is a flat fee of $5 no matter how long you stay there.

Hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was there last week for my interview. If you're driving there from Seattle you can take the viaduct south, and then take the marginal way exit to head onto highway 99 south. The exit can be confusing as there are lots of merges and exits to go through to get onto the right road. From there the international boulevard exit is just a couple of miles on. I'd recommend doing a practise run first.

The bus is very easy - the 174 stops right outside.

Parking lot is a flat fee of $5 no matter how long you stay there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info but unfortunatly we are driving about 2.5 hours from Bellingham (near the canadian border) so no practice run for us. We are just going to give ourselves a lot of time to get lost :P

So how did your interview go? What kind of timeline do you have?

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats on your appointment.... :dance::dance:

From north of Seattle, take I-5 South towards Seattle, take the Boeing Access Road exit towards E. Marginal Way (Exit #158), turn Right on S. Boeing Access Road, merge Left into the next lane, turn Left on Tukwila International Blvd, continue on Tukwila International Blvd until you arrive at 12500 Tukwila International Blvd.

From south of Seattle, Take I-5 North towards Seattle, take the WA-599 North exit towards Tukwila/W. Marginal Way (exit #156), WA-599 North becomes WA-99 North, take the WA-99 South exit toward Tukwila International Blvd, turn Right onto Pacific Hwy S/Tukwila International Blvd, continue on Tukwila International Blvd until you arrive at 12500 Tukwila International Blvd.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/seattle/aboutus.htm

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Is the Biometrics AND the interview both done at the USCIS office there?

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Is the Biometrics AND the interview both done at the USCIS office there?

nevermind...just reread the original email and found my answer that they Are. At work today, it's sunny & 75 and not concentrating very well... lol

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.