dwheels76

Submitting extra evidence for Bona Fide marriage

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am in a quandary wondering what I should do. II'm getting all my evidence together and yes I have more than enough extra stuff. My question is I am submitting Incorporation papers (company we started together and registered in Texas) and the signed Power of Attorney he got in Nigeria to give me the Power of Attorney (this was November 2010).

The question is the Power of Attorney and Incorporation was under his former family last name. His family has since changed their last name. I am just looking at this evidence and thinking like a CO and wondering will it raise red flags he had two last names. Even though it is noted on the G325A for him.

Should I just remove these pages and just hold on to them and take to interview or submit now? Power of attorney shows trust and all but i do have 25 other pieces of evidence in the packet to submit. What say you fellow VJers.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I am in a quandary wondering what I should do. II'm getting all my evidence together and yes I have more than enough extra stuff. My question is I am submitting Incorporation papers (company we started together and registered in Texas) and the signed Power of Attorney he got in Nigeria to give me the Power of Attorney (this was November 2010).

The question is the Power of Attorney and Incorporation was under his former family last name. His family has since changed their last name. I am just looking at this evidence and thinking like a CO and wondering will it raise red flags he had two last names. Even though it is noted on the G325A for him.

Should I just remove these pages and just hold on to them and take to interview or submit now? Power of attorney shows trust and all but i do have 25 other pieces of evidence in the packet to submit. What say you fellow VJers.

If he changed his last name he will also have the name difference on his birth certificate. If he ever applied for a visa and they have his finger prints under the other name you need to tackle it head on or risk running into a misrepresentaiton flag. ( There was a couple about 2 years ago that picked up a denial because he had applied for a visa with a different last name and not list the AKA's up front )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yah, be careful opening up worms from another red flag... i didn't go thru the CR1 route, but i'll think you don't need that form for submission.. and even at the interview.. u can hold it as an emergency document, rather than primary document.. they are not really trying to verify if couples trust each other... although thats a gd document.. but regarding the last name, make sure you have good proof cause that can raise a red flag on all other levels if not well supported..

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Timeline

pls ppl about d finger print stuff. A friend of mine applied for visa more than six years ago and was denied but is currently working on another visa with slight adjustment in her age on her birth certificate n passport. Do you all think dey cross reference current applications with info as far back as six years when der is no physical proof in the current filing. Mind u when she applied before she was denied. Do dey really as a routine run all names against the millions n der database beyond six months.

pls ppl about d finger print stuff. A friend of mine applied for visa more than six years ago and was denied but is currently working on another visa with slight adjustment in her age on her birth certificate n passport. Do you all think dey cross reference current applications with info as far back as six years when der is no physical proof in the current filing. Mind u when she applied before she was denied. Do dey really as a routine run all names against the millions n der database beyond six months.

Yes they do, why wouldn't they check the previous history of the applicant.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

If your spouse had a name change, you MUST provide a document justifying the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, whatever applies in this case). So if his last name changed and is now different from what it was on his birth certificate, you WILL be required to send such a document. It is actually written in the I-130 instructions.

In the past few weeks I saw someone going through an "easy" consulate being requested a document justifying name change at interview because she had recently added a middle name.

Considering they are aware of the name change, then there's no reason to retain your evidence which seems very strong!

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Timeline

That is the whole point of the long processing time. Cross checking databases names. All the visas applied for , entries. Names yes its checked and recheck. Plus a slight adjustment is a lie and is very serious. Doesn't matter their motives why would a person want to even try and lie to get in the US. They are risking alot.

Edited by dwheels76

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I hope these inputs are not mere speculations. The finger printing only kicked off less than a decade ago. I know the names n finger prints of all applicants are cross referenced with that on the us visit database. i.e us visitors and immigrant status indicator technology. I also know that they cross reference with other ban lists buh what am hearing for the first tym here is that they also reference as a routine with all cases that have ever come to the embassy. The reason y am hoping yall r not assuming buh talking with confirmed facts. Thanks all

Timeline

I hope these inputs are not mere speculations. The finger printing only kicked off less than a decade ago. I know the names n finger prints of all applicants are cross referenced with that on the us visit database. i.e us visitors and immigrant status indicator technology. I also know that they cross reference with other ban lists buh what am hearing for the first tym here is that they also reference as a routine with all cases that have ever come to the embassy. The reason y am hoping yall r not assuming buh talking with confirmed facts. Thanks all

Well for me no its not just mere speculations. Of course they are going to pull up every application ever presented, whether it was denied, cancelled or whatever. That's why many get in trouble they either didn't know the other whether Beneficiary or petitioner had filed before was denied or whatever.

Just remember although the embassy is in Nigeria this embassy is the property thus run by the United States of America, Maybe before 9/11 things were not so much kept up to date. Have heard many stories of pre 9/11 and how easy it was. But its a new day and everything is logged and kept.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The consulates have access to a database of all past visa applications that they run you through routinely, yes. "Slightly adjusting" ones passport information is fraud, and that will get her a lifetime ban. It was a very bad idea, and there's no way it's gonna get through in Lagos!

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.