Outdoortroy

child being born out of the USA

8 posts in this topic

My wife resides in the Philippines and I have appplied for her Visa in August of 2011. We were married before I applied and our marriage took place in the Philippines. I have received my first AOS and still waiting for the process.

During my time there, my wife became preganant. She gave birth the 21st of Feb of this year. I wanted to know if I can file the Child born abroad form?

I am born and raised in the USA and my wife is not a citizen nor is her own visa approved yet. I read some articles on this and I wanted to find out from anyone who has went through this process any information they want to share. Can a father in the USA apply for this? We are waiting for his birth Certificate to be mailed to her right now. The baby was conceived after we were married and we have proof of the relationship, medical exams and and all that. This whole process is really tough. If anyone has information, i would love to hear it. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't go through this, my (now-ex) fiance came to the US 10 days before my son was born. But just doing a little searching right now turns up:

http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/birth/birth_593.html

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

I was very happy to have my child born in the US as I've heard this can be a somewhat difficult process. At the time I was concerned about it, 6 years ago, what I'd heard is that it might take an extra trip or two to the Philippines for blood tests and passport applications and what not.

Alternatively, there is a guide for bringing your child to the US here on visajourney. http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet shows how it's done. I hope someone with more experience than I have actually doing it replies. But in the meantime wanted to share what a little searching brings up for me.

Good luck!

Thank you for the links. Mainly I am concerned that I will be forced to go over there to file this in person and that is tough because I own my own construction business and it is very difficult to make the time to go on a trip like that. Things I have read are a little confusing because it refers to parent(s) and my question is does that mean either parent (american or not)can file these papers? I prefer her to deliver them to the consulate there.

Thank you for the links. Mainly I am concerned that I will be forced to go over there to file this in person and that is tough because I own my own construction business and it is very difficult to make the time to go on a trip like that. Things I have read are a little confusing because it refers to parent(s) and my question is does that mean either parent (american or not)can file these papers? I prefer her to deliver them to the consulate there.

i think you or your wife have to file cbra for your child at us embassy manila..

Edited by flosy

i think you or your wife have to file cbra for your child at us embassy manila..

you can refer to this website http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Edited by flosy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Because you are married and can prove you were there at the time of conception they are less likely to request a DNA test. It should be a pretty simple process as you're not the first and won't be the last Fil-Am couple to have kids out of the country (married or otherwise).

<br />Thank you all for the help. I wish the fastest responses for your visa processing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yeah FLosy is right....

I am the mother of my two boys... and im only one to applied my two boys CRBA without my hubby... U ONLY to do is send the DS-3053 original with signature and notarized from there... and send everything needs the documents..

CRBA first baby
CHRISTIAN gave birth 2008
OCT 15,2010-- CHRISTIAN US PASSPORT/CRBA CERTIFICATe
JAN 20, 2011--CHRISTIAN PHIL PASSPORT
JUNE 03,2011-- CHRISTIAN SSN CARD
CRBA 2nd baby
CHARLES gave birth 2010
JAN 30th 2012-- CHARLES US PASSPORT AND CRBA CERTIFICATE.......
MAY-09- 2012-= CHARLES SSN CaRD

IR-1
OCT /13 / 2012 -- sent from I-130 via(express mail)

OCT /15 / 2012--- picked up delivery to uscis

OCT / 16/ 2012--noa1 no txt/ no email PD

OCT /17 /2012-- recieved notice from the mail.

DEC /17 / 2012--- APPROVED NOA2

DEC / 22 / 2012-- recieved Hardcopy of Noa2

JAN/ 05/ 2013-- Recieved our papers to NVC

feb 11 2013__ paid aos

april 15 2013-- paid iv bill

aug 29,2013-AOS AND IV PACKET recieved nvc sept 3 2013

sept 6 2013 sent via email ds260

sep 27 2013 2tNVC- got email checklist

NOV 16 2013 sent nvc checklist document fedex istimate friday will recieve to nvc

nov 25 2013--nvc review our docs. waiting for cc

dec 6 2013 -- nvc email got 2nd checklist but case complete.

dec 13 2013-- got P4

dec 19 and 20-- passed medical

JAN 2, 2014 INTERVIEW DATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.