Dean iWait

Congressional Inquiry

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Although I have to say, that making a phone call or faxing a letter is far from a waste of time. It's not like it takes day's to do this. It should only take 30 minutes to an hour of your time, which is well worth it. It didn't effect my petition negatively and for sure didn't hurt.

I respectfully disagree.

IMHO requests for assistance from elected officials should be used with economy. After all other avenues have been exhausted.

I might also suggest that you develop some patience as your petitions move to this next consulate phase. ConOff's don't really take a liking to someone looking over their shoulder telling them how to do their job - especially if the request appears to them as 'jumping the line' or trying to cull favors.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

And, in your case, faxing a letter was a waste of time - for both you as the petitioner and for the service center. What's worth it about taking the time to write a letter and fax it to request an expedite when the service center's clear guidelines for an expedite request indicate without any doubt whatsoever that you did NOT qualify for an expedite? You wasted your time and the time of the serivce center employee who had to review the unfounded expedite request, which we can assume took away time from processing petitions!

Yes, everyone is anxious but in Dean's case, he has the help he needs. In your case Andy, you simply have to chill. It's moving, it will continue to move and it will all work out fine.

Didn't ALL or Most of the 9-11 hijackers get here on student visas??

NOT ONE got here on a Fiance Visa! Wake up USCIS!!!

good point! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

True. But things were very different then. Petitions for all visa types were randomly spot checked. The media has shown some of the paperwork submitted to INS by the 9/11 hi-jackers. Most were incomplete or illegible.

The system was so lax at that point that it really didn't matter what visa type you wanted to come in on. The odds were good your background, intent or motives was not going to be questioned, because the odds were good your paperwork wasn't even going to get a second glance.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
And, in your case, faxing a letter was a waste of time - for both you as the petitioner and for the service center. What's worth it about taking the time to write a letter and fax it to request an expedite when the service center's clear guidelines for an expedite request indicate without any doubt whatsoever that you did NOT qualify for an expedite? You wasted your time and the time of the serivce center employee who had to review the unfounded expedite request, which we can assume took away time from processing petitions!

Yes, everyone is anxious but in Dean's case, he has the help he needs. In your case Andy, you simply have to chill. It's moving, it will continue to move and it will all work out fine.

I am chill KitKat and as far as I can tell, all you do is counter act every post I make. How about you chill a little and stop making a big deal about everything. I'm sure I'm not the first or the last person to pry. Some people call the USICIS every single day. I only called twice and pushed a couple harmless envelopes. I assure you my prying didn't have a negative effect. As far as the expedited request is concerned. One of the reasons for the request could be "Compelling interest of USCIS". I would think that would leave a pretty wide open subject for just about anything. Like there incopedence.

I know everythings running fine now with my petition and I'm not worried. I'm relaxed and the dogs are called off. All I offered was assistance and advice on things to do if your set on pushing, which some are.

Also, I remember when you were going nuts on this site and I was asking you to chill, now the table has turned a little. Maybe I went a little overboard but obviously it didn't have a negative effect. The USCIS has people who's jobs are to answer expedited requests just as they have people who's jobs it is to answer congressional inquiries.

I got a great idea!! how about we both relax!! how about you and I let people handle there petitions how they want to. I offered my advice if taken great, if not, great! and you offer yours.

Although I have to say, that making a phone call or faxing a letter is far from a waste of time. It's not like it takes day's to do this. It should only take 30 minutes to an hour of your time, which is well worth it. It didn't effect my petition negatively and for sure didn't hurt.

I respectfully disagree.

IMHO requests for assistance from elected officials should be used with economy. After all other avenues have been exhausted.

I might also suggest that you develop some patience as your petitions move to this next consulate phase. ConOff's don't really take a liking to someone looking over their shoulder telling them how to do their job - especially if the request appears to them as 'jumping the line' or trying to cull favors.

yeah! people try to deter you from doing lots of things. Like don't call the USCIS until 6 months have passed, give me a break. I would like to know what other avenues there are? I had patience for 60 days for the RFE and then it ran out. I'll have patience for a little while now as well. But if I don't get pushed on to the Embassy within 2-4 weeks, you can guarantee I'll be on the phone.

Edited by AndyMisiu

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Timeline

ahh!! whatever KitKat!! so we disagree on a few things!! no big deal!! I still concider you to be of some help and wanted to thank you for your post in my ohter thread. I'm over it!!! how about you!! friends?? :thumbs:

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

10/05/06- NVC received

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

I am chill KitKat and as far as I can tell, all you do is counter act every post I make. How about you chill a little and stop making a big deal about everything. I'm sure I'm not the first or the last person to pry. Some people call the USICIS every single day. I only called twice and pushed a couple harmless envelopes. I assure you my prying didn't have a negative effect. As far as the expedited request is concerned. One of the reasons for the request could be "Compelling interest of USCIS". I would think that would leave a pretty wide open subject for just about anything. Like there incopedence.

I know everythings running fine now with my petition and I'm not worried. I'm relaxed and the dogs are called off. All I offered was assistance and advice on things to do if your set on pushing, which some are.

Also, I remember when you were going nuts on this site and I was asking you to chill, now the table has turned a little. Maybe I went a little overboard but obviously it didn't have a negative effect. The USCIS has people who's jobs are to answer expedited requests just as they have people who's jobs it is to answer congressional inquiries.

I got a great idea!! how about we both relax!! how about you and I let people handle there petitions how they want to. I offered my advice if taken great, if not, great! and you offer yours.

I respectfully disagree.

yeah! people try to deter you from doing lots of things. Like don't call the USCIS until 6 months have passed, give me a break. I would like to know what other avenues there are? I had patience for 60 days for the RFE and then it ran out. I'll have patience for a little while now as well. But if I don't get pushed on to the Embassy within 2-4 weeks, you can guarantee I'll be on the phone.

Andy, you REALLY need to chill out and stop being such a little smark aleck.

Let me tell you the power these people have.

I was speaking to my AO from the Pittsburgh DHS office two days ago on the phone. He's a very nice man - they have afforded my husband and I a luxury I have seen NOBODY on VJ obtain - a fax number to his office. He also returns phone calls.

He feels bad for us that it's been over 200 days since our AOS interview and we still don't have the greencard. He's doing all he can on his end.

But he also reminded me that USCIS could go ahead and render a decision NOW on my husband's AOS. And that decision would be a denial. Or we could wait a bit longer and get the result we want.

You don't realize what you are messing with my friend. Pushy, pushy won't get it with them. Indeed it might get you something you don't want.

Filed: Timeline

KK waited 158 days. you waited 95. BIG difference. She was/is chill.

As far as contacting congresspeople and TOO MANY of them:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...34056&st=15

post #18

How amny times do people have to tell you to chill before you actually listen? GaryC waited 177 days for an NOA2. NVC approved him 9/7. NVC still doesn't have it. Is he calling every day? I doubt it.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

post #18

How amny times do people have to tell you to chill before you actually listen? GaryC waited 177 days for an NOA2. NVC approved him 9/7. NVC still doesn't have it. Is he calling every day? I doubt it.

Further to this, the only thing close to any kind of 'commitment' from CIS is that they'll process the petition/application within 6 months.

Isn't that 180 days?

There's a time & a place, that's what I'm sayin'.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

post #18

WHAT!!!!!!! ARE!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT???????????????????????????

I am chill! I'm not doing anything that is crazy!!! except maybe posting on here too much about what I'm doing. I made an inquiry with my Senators, big deal! who doesn't?? I sent a expedited request at the advice of a USCIS rep, big deal!! I'm sure they get plenty of those. They either approve it or they don't. There not going to sit there and say "ohh this moth*r ######*r is bugging the hell out of us, denied" because in all acctuality I haven't done that much. You all are making a huge deal out of something that's really not. I think you are being rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of times you've heard from me on hear about pushing and bla, bla, bla, is no where near the amount of times the USCIS has heard from me. 2 calls to the USCIS, 2 Senator Inquiries, and 1 expedite request. I would like to know what part of this is sooooooooooooooo CCCCCRRRAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!! I think you guy's need to give me a break!! really!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

ahh!! whatever KitKat!! so we disagree on a few things!! no big deal!! I still concider you to be of some help and wanted to thank you for your post in my ohter thread. I'm over it!!! how about you!! friends?? :thumbs:

Andy, this is the kind of condescending commentary that makes me wonder just how successful you will be, no matter how hard you push the bureaucracy.

All I can say is that the more people who want to post here and say "have patience" or something similar the more I want to puke. Everytime I get that advice it seems to come from someone who's spouse or fiancee has been in the country for months or even years. If you got caught up in this IMBRA mess and want to tell me to have patience fine I'll accept that. If not I won't accept it. I had one congressional inquiry when the whole IMBRA thing popped up and now I have one more. I guees some of you may think that is 2 too many. I disagree. ;) Some people here seem to think we should accept that USICS is screwed up and all we can do is just sit and wait. There is a time for patience and a time for action. If no one ever speaks up (congressional inquiry) nothing will ever change.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

*joins the group of folks who are a little tired of seeing this same argument (about Andy and him needing to 'chill') go on multiple times across different threads*

:ot2:

Personally, I'm glad you've found someone to help you with your case that does more than pass on the same wait messages from USCIS. I really wish you the best of luck in getting things sorted out.

Edited by Arazia

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline

Andy, this is the kind of condescending commentary that makes me wonder just how successful you will be, no matter how hard you push the bureaucracy.

And what are you talking about?? what that's called is someone trying to act like an adult and put an end to something. Unlike what you seem to be doing. A personal stab has never been taken on anyone!! unlike what you seem to be doing. If you take the personal stuff out of this it means simply. That while me and KitKat butt heads on here often, I still receive advice in other area's in which we might agree. It's called "being professional" and realizing you don't have to agree on everything.

*joins the group of folks who are a little tired of seeing this same argument (about Andy and him needing to 'chill') go on multiple times across different threads*

:ot2:

Personally, I'm glad you've found someone to help you with your case that does more than pass on the same wait messages from USCIS. I really wish you the best of luck in getting things sorted out.

I would be one of those people in the club. All I do is post something and people feel the need to jump it. If you disagree than add what you think the OP should do and move on.

ohh! and I agree with you Dean.

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
All I can say is that the more people who want to post here and say "have patience" or something similar the more I want to puke. Everytime I get that advice it seems to come from someone who's spouse or fiancee has been in the country for months or even years. If you got caught up in this IMBRA mess and want to tell me to have patience fine I'll accept that. If not I won't accept it. I had one congressional inquiry when the whole IMBRA thing popped up and now I have one more. I guees some of you may think that is 2 too many. I disagree. ;) Some people here seem to think we should accept that USICS is screwed up and all we can do is just sit and wait. There is a time for patience and a time for action. If no one ever speaks up (congressional inquiry) nothing will ever change.

We tell you to "have patience" because some of us have already gone through a similar lengthy wait.

For some yes, IMBRA has been a mess but there have been other 'fiascos' and I'm sure there will be more. Last year the CSC came to a screaching halt for approx 4 months for no apparent or posted reason. Check the archived AILA posted processing dates from April - October 2005.

Also keep in mind that it may not get any easier or faster either, there are wait times of 2 months - over a year just for an interview based on where you have to go, and all you can do is wait it out.

Vent all you want, that's why we're here :) but try to think of the end result. You also have a lot of planning to do for when your SO arrives and your AOS stage, maybe that can help keep your mind occupied.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

And what are you talking about??

I'm talking about what appeared to me at least to be a high-handed personal insult towards kitkat1.

You still consider her to be of some help.

Perhaps I over-read that, but it sounded like you'll take what you can get from her.

Everytime I get that advice it seems to come from someone who's spouse or fiancee has been in the country for months or even years. If you got caught up in this IMBRA mess and want to tell me to have patience fine I'll accept that. If not I won't accept it.

That's unfortunate.

First of all because IMBRA isn't the only immigration 'mess' out there. You act as if you are the only one to have ever had the screws put to you by the system. You aren't.

And secondly because we have experiences you don't have that you may find beneficial later.

"Being together" isn't the end of your SO's immigration journey. There's a long road ahead of you yet. Is it easier to face the rest of that journey once your together? Most days yes. But you haven't yet lived with someone from a different culture and background. There's days when that's not easy either.

It's my belief (based upon experience) that if you don't have the patience for USCIS, you probably don't have the patience for an international relationship.

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.