Ravens

Green Card Never Received!!!

9 posts in this topic

My wife arrived to the US on September 14th 2011. After some time of her not receiving her green card we called USCIS who told us the green card was mailed September 28th 2011.

After more time and not receiving the greencard we were told it was probably lost in the mail. USCIS had not received it back that we would then have to file an I-90.

I filed the I-90. I saw a fee of $450 which I did not pay. There was a section of I-90 which stated if not received I would not have to pay.

I-90 was filed back in December. Today we received a response saying the I-90 was denied and we would have to pay the fees (That I already paid) to get a green card. In the letter they stated the reason for denial was that the tracking information showed the green card was never returned back to USCIS.

Needless to say this was frustrating to hear. However the tracking number was given in the letter. (something we were never made aware of before).

I looked up the tracking number and low and behold the green card was never mailed. USPS states they were electronically notified of mailing but have not yet received the item.

Looking around I have found this is a common problem with people getting green cards. Being lied to about green card being mailed and forcing people to pay outrageous amounts of money to get it.

I am refusing to pay again for something I already paid for. I have proof now as well I should not pay since GC was never mailed. No one else I have seen had a tracking number.

Does anyone else know how to handle this and get the green card? I know I have information that can get one without paying but I am sure there is a right way or wrong way to go about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

its time to contact both congressman and senators about this. give them all the info and your proof. tell all 3 congressional people your contacting and submit the proof after you call and speak to a real person to know who to mail or fax your proof to. this is your only help now that i know of

:thumbs:

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

My wife arrived to the US on September 14th 2011. After some time of her not receiving her green card we called USCIS who told us the green card was mailed September 28th 2011.

After more time and not receiving the greencard we were told it was probably lost in the mail. USCIS had not received it back that we would then have to file an I-90.

I filed the I-90. I saw a fee of $450 which I did not pay. There was a section of I-90 which stated if not received I would not have to pay.

I-90 was filed back in December. Today we received a response saying the I-90 was denied and we would have to pay the fees (That I already paid) to get a green card. In the letter they stated the reason for denial was that the tracking information showed the green card was never returned back to USCIS.

Needless to say this was frustrating to hear. However the tracking number was given in the letter. (something we were never made aware of before).

I looked up the tracking number and low and behold the green card was never mailed. USPS states they were electronically notified of mailing but have not yet received the item.

Looking around I have found this is a common problem with people getting green cards. Being lied to about green card being mailed and forcing people to pay outrageous amounts of money to get it.

I am refusing to pay again for something I already paid for. I have proof now as well I should not pay since GC was never mailed. No one else I have seen had a tracking number.

Does anyone else know how to handle this and get the green card? I know I have information that can get one without paying but I am sure there is a right way or wrong way to go about it.

They DO have tracking number for mails with card enclosed and signature request for important documents like GC, passport. They just don't provide it until you inquire about it. I believe it was USPS mistake, they are well-known for their underachieved tracking system as well as service. USCIS doesn't have to lie to you about mailing a document, they did mail it but USPS failed to scan it and the mail lost somewhere (USPS picks up thousands of mails everyday from government offices. And it is bad luck happening to you.) It happened to me once so I know (when I mailed important payment to someone, and it never got scanned... And the package showed up month and a half later...)

I suggest you call mail inspector and provide the tracking number. The longer you argue with USCIS for a mistake no one at fault, the longer you wait for the card. You can pay a small money to get over with it, it is difficult but worth it.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

They DO have tracking number for mails with card enclosed and signature request for important documents like GC, passport. They just don't provide it until you inquire about it. I believe it was USPS mistake, they are well-known for their underachieved tracking system as well as service. USCIS doesn't have to lie to you about mailing a document, they did mail it but USPS failed to scan it and the mail lost somewhere (USPS picks up thousands of mails everyday from government offices. And it is bad luck happening to you.) It happened to me once so I know (when I mailed important payment to someone, and it never got scanned... And the package showed up month and a half later...)

I suggest you call mail inspector and provide the tracking number. The longer you argue with USCIS for a mistake no one at fault, the longer you wait for the card. You can pay a small money to get over with it, it is difficult but worth it.

This is not a situation with it being lost in the mail. From research this is a common problem with USCIS and green cards. A simple search on google for "green card never received in mail" shows many going through the same thing I am. While I know the USPS is not best I find it hard to believe they just lose greencards.

I am an ebay power seller for a living. I mail out 1000's of packages through USPS a year. I have been doing it for over 6 years now. To this day not one package has ever been lost. Some have taken longer then expected to arrive and yes they do not always scan the packages for tracking until delivery. However they all showed up. Taking that into consideration as well as the many many many others I have seen going through the same problem of receiving every other letter in the mail USCIS has sent BUT the actual green card. Well I at that point have to say USCIS is not being honest about mailing all of them out.

Some I read managed to get theirs. After alot of pushing USCIS finally told them it was an issue with production of cards. These were also people who were told once upon a time it was mailed then later it was not.

I apreciate your reply but this is not just a case of bad luck for me and my wife's card was lost in the mail. This is a case of it never being mailed and I would like to know what to do to get USCIS to finally see that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from AOS forum to CR/IR-1 forum as a more appropriate location for this discussion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator hat off,

Follow up from both sides. Contact your representative or Senator with the tracking information and have them investigate whether USCIS did or did not mail the card as USPS shows it was not received.

Also contact your PostMaster and explain that USCIS says that the card was mailed even though USPS does not show it being picked up. The reason I suggest this is I have had the exact same thing happen. I ordered something in the mail. After several weeks it hadn't arrived. I checked the tracking number and it said USPS had issued the tracking number for the delivery and were awaiting pick up. I called USPS who said that they had never received the item and were waiting for it. I called the company who said that not only did USPS have it, but that they personally delivered it to the sorting station themselves and handed it in, and that they have had a lot of problems with USPS failing to record the proper transaction.

I got back to USPS and told them what the company had told me. USPS continued to claim they didn't have it and the company continued to claim that USPS did have it. Finally, the company re-shipped the item at no charge since I had never received it. A week later I received the reshipped item. Two weeks after that, the original shipped item - which USPS had indeed received - arrived. The tracking number still showed the same information from when I first checked it - that it was waiting for pick up. It had taken 6 weeks to arrive and was definitely not tracked in the system.

So, advise your postmaster that you want them to check and put in writing that the post office never received this document from USCIS. Then, with the help of your representative, take this statement that USPS never received the item to USCIS and submit with the I-90 requesting the replacement green card. Coming with your representative's assistance, it may indeed get you the green card.

The sad thing is that both of these scenarios happen far more often than is reasonable, yet neither side accepts any responsibility for their failures and the recipient is left dealing with the consequences.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

I file for I-90 July of last year and never received my biometrics notice in the mail and as a result my application was denied. USCIS claimed it was mailed but I don't think they did because I have never had issues with USPS with undelivered mail. Don't even bother calling their customer service hotline cause its useless and if they transfer you to an IO he'll just tell you to refile I-90 and pay the $450 unless you can prove that it was USCIS fault but you'll have to file a motion to reopen with evidence and pay a rediculous fee which will cost more than $450. In my case I just refile I-90 paid another $450 for a new GC, finally got my biometrics done last week. I suggest refilling I-90 pay the $450 because it's impossible to win with USCIS and just know it could take up to six months to receive the GC. It's unfair because we believe they're at fault but they don't want to be accountable for it do we end up hurting our pockets. If and when I receive my new GC I'd have spent $900 for a replacement not to mention waiting almost a year for it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is an update to my wifes case for not receiving her green card.

First I will say yesturday her green card arrived in the mail. This was not the original green card. We also did not pay $450 for it.

Well to keep a long story short and not to recap what has already been written I refused to pay $450 for something that was not our fault.

We did visit local USCIS office and also got nowhere.

We had enough proof to show USCIS never mailed out my wifes green card.

Tracking information showed it was never mailed. We obtained a letter from our local post office that they never received it.

What was also interesting about our case was USCIS automated messages for my wifes case and how they changed.

For months after her arrival the automated message stated they mailed a 797 to us on September 28 (which we received)

In November after complaints of not receiving a green card that message was updated to green card mailed September 28.

After tracking number was give message was updated to Postal Service picked up green card from USCIS for delivery on September 28.

After complaining tracking number showed it was never shipped message was updated to USPS was reporting it was picked up for shipment on Sepetember 28.

The September 28 date was also interesting since tracking showed label was not even generated until September 29th.

So after all failed attempts to talk to USCIS we decided to go to our local Senator.

We mailed all information out to the Senator. 2 days later we received letter from Senator saying they already contacted USCIS and asked them to resolve this matter ASAP. Senator would also send us notice once they heard back from USCIS.

4 Days later we received another letter from Senator saying USCIS will be issuing another green card within the next 30 days.

Called USCIS number right away to hear if automated message was updated. It was. New message was green card will be issued within next 30 days.

3 days later after receiving letter from Senator with the good news a green card finally showed up in our mail box. Printed 3/26/2012

Thank you Senator Mikulski

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey this is great news !! Congratulations !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.