Lililand

Not his child

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

That is incorrect. All children, even if not intending to bring them, must be mentioned on the I-129F. Whether it would be considered a missrepresentation of material fact (ie lifetime ban) not to mention them I am not sure- I doubt it, but it would be a big red flag. If there is anyway you can, I would definitely get him off the birth cert. If that is not possible, submit ammended forms including the child at the next stage, together with a letter explaining why the child was not included initially.

At the next stage? Meaning bring it up during the interview? Or submit the amended forms now that we're still waiting for our NOA2?

Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned parent.

However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued the K1 visa. After one (1) year, they will no longer be able to derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition and you or your spouse will have to file an immediate relative or second preference petition for them to qualify again for immigration benefits.

If you have one or more children not listed on the visa petition, or a current pregnancy, or a prior undisclosed marriage even if the marriage has now been terminated, or are currently afflicted with a contagious or communicable disease of public health significance, you must be prepared to present a notarized letter from the petitioner stating he/she is aware of the discrepancies between the facts stated on the petition and your actual personal circumstances, and still wishes to proceed with the proposed marriage.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

This came from the Philippines embassy, but I think it would apply to your case

So during I would have to bring a notarized letter stating that I am aware of this birth certificate/child?

Jan 5, 2012: Mailed I-129F

Jan 7, 2012: Received

Jan 10, 2012: Text and e-mail confirmation received

Jan 14, 2012: NOA1 received in the mail

Mar 29, 2012: Expedite request made

Apr 5, 2012: Expedite request approved

Apr 6, 2012: I-129F approved!

Apr 11, 2012: NVC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At the next stage? Meaning bring it up during the interview? Or submit the amended forms now that we're still waiting for our NOA2?

So during I would have to bring a notarized letter stating that I am aware of this birth certificate/child?

Usually the petitioner (you) doesn't go to the interview, I think it is at the discretion of the CO whether or not you can. I would just give your finance the notorized letter explaining things and saying that you are aware of it and wish to proceed. and he can give that to them at the interview.

Timeline

Usually the petitioner (you) doesn't go to the interview, I think it is at the discretion of the CO whether or not you can. I would just give your finance the notorized letter explaining things and saying that you are aware of it and wish to proceed. and he can give that to them at the interview.

Sorry, what's CO?

I was planning on going to the interview with him anyways... I can do both I guess =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

CO is Consular Officer- ie the guy doing the interview. Yeah I think bringing both is your best bet.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you so much guys! I thought we were screwed and had to reapply again =)

Timeline

I see that you originally listed your 3/4 packet question in this forum and it got moved,

If you want to go to that forum by yourself, click on "Forums" at the top of the page.

then scroll down to General Discussion Area

Look under Regional Discussion

then pick "Latin & South America"

that's where you would post questions that are specific to Peru and find others that are

petitioning for Peruvians

Timeline

One more thing, I believe after you get your letter from the embassy you will be filling out a form 156

which asks the question about kids again.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

I don't remember if that is done via internet or if you print it out and take it with you to interview.

Timeline

One more thing, I believe after you get your letter from the embassy you will be filling out a form 156

which asks the question about kids again.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

I don't remember if that is done via internet or if you print it out and take it with you to interview.

So in that one I should mention the child and submit it along with my notarized letter stating that I'm aware of this?

Timeline

So in that one I should mention the child and submit it along with my notarized letter stating that I'm aware of this?

That's what I would do. also it is the 156k that asks about the kids, You will be filling out both a 156 and a 156k.

156k also says they want a copy of the birth certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.