livetolove

RFE after 14 months waiting

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there

After waiting for 14 months, I finllay got a RFE consinting of 5 pages

And the reqested doucments are about names and addresses of relatives in my wife's country and in the US, my friends names and relatives names, why my family did not attend wedding? notraized letter from my and her family why they did not attend the wedding. Reciept of the wedding ring and statement of my credit card showing when the ring was purchsed and name of the store, my account statemnet before and after each trip, a letter from my employer stating that I traveled to overseas to get married and whom I am gonna marry, all the credit card statments and hotel bills under our both names showing that we stayed at those hotels and address and phone number as well as pictures, name of the person who took me to the airport or accompanied me, bank statment under our both names, chat loggs, emials, post cards, call history ( no calling card is accepted), all the picutres we took where ever we traveled, where we spent honeymoon ( provide name of places, hotel reciept, flight confirmatnion, form of payment) and other many many request..

I am just wondering if I manage to provide around 80% of the required docuemnts, am I gonna be approved?

did any of you guys went through the same process and provided all the required documents with no single missing documents?

I look forward to hear from you

Edited by livetolove

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi there

And the reqested doucments are about names and addresses of relatives in my wife's country and in the US, my friends names and relatives names, why my family did not attend wedding? notraized letter from my and her family why they did not attend the wedding. Reciept of the wedding ring and statement of my credit card showing when the ring was purchsed and name of the store, my account statemnet before and after each trip, a letter from my employer stating that I traveled to overseas to get married and whom I am gonna marry, all the credit card statments and hotel bills under our both names showing that we stayed at those hotels and address and phone number as well as pictures, name of the person who took me to the airport or accompanied me, bank statment under our both names, chat loggs, emials, post cards, call history ( no calling card is accepted), all the picutres we took where ever we traveled, where we spent honeymoon ( provide name of places, hotel reciept, flight confirmatnion, form of payment) and other many many request..

I am just wondering if I manage to provide around 80% of the required docuemnts, am I gonna be approved?

did any of you guys went through the same process and provided all the required documents with no single missing documents?

This is what I call an "extensive RFE". In general, yes, you will probably be OK supplying less than 100% of what is asked for as long as you give reasons for what you don't provide. I don't know anybody who has been able to provide 100% of what's on the laundry list of things in this standard RFE. It is not tailored specifically to you. I do know of several who have been approved after such an ordeal and really not anybody who made a good effort to respond, who had their petition denied. Do the best you can, but make it your best.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We received an extensive RFE but with less pages than yours. Ours was only two pages long but they asked for some crazy things. It took us almost a month to gather all of the documents. We were to send in 8 documents and we responded to all 8 of them with about 800 pages or more. The box weighed 9 lbs that we sent to USCIS. They still have not approved us but it has only been a week since they received it. It is best to respond to most of what they have asked for the best way you can. It said on ours not to leave anything out.

Edited by Funfetti

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi there

We had the same RFE.And replyed to it,providing either what they exactly asking for or putting together an LOX(letter of explanation)on each subjest under question...We got approved.You will be too.Try to put as much together as you possibly can.Good luck!

03/25/2005- got married

USCIS

03/25/2011- I-130 sent in

03/26/2011- NOA-1

09/20/2011- Service Request

09/28/2011- Service Request Reply(extensive background check,allow 6 months...blah-blah..)

10/07/2011- RFE(4 pages)

11/15/2011- RFE reply sent back to USCIS

12/05/2011- reply for RFE showed up in the system (took them 20 days to locate and input in the system...lucky us...)

01/11/2012- NOA2(urrrrraaaaa!!!!)

NVC

01/23/2012-case received(took 12 days...waiting for the case #)

01/27/2012-case # received(but wrong Embassy assigned...has to change)

02/01/2012-invoices are e-mailed to both of us by NVC

02/07/2012-invoices are paid(had to wait due to the wrong assignment of the embassy )

02/14/2012-both packgs are sent in

02/29/2012-checklist for a missing copy of passport(not missing in reality,but either wait 20 days for a review or send it in again,so we sent it in...)

03/09/2012-case complete( could have taken less ,but well..who cares it is complete now!!!)

Timeline

We had the same RFE.And replyed to it,providing either what they exactly asking for or putting together an LOX(letter of explanation)on each subjest under question...We got approved.You will be too.Try to put as much together as you possibly can.Good luck!

Hi there .....thank u 4 your feedback......

Currently i am gathering all the required documents....regarding the wedding ring, I bought it when i travelled to my wife's country to get married, since local jeweleries do not accept credit card, I paid cash and the reciept was under my wife's name. Does the reciept has to be under my name ? I bought it for her and should be under her name.

My lawyer told me to send 5 or 6 pics...since RFE is a very serious and last chance to get approved, I am planning to send about 70 or 80 pics taken in 3 different coutntires during our vacation before and after wedding.

All the doucments may weigh around 4 to 5 pounds.....................do they have time to read all these documents ?

Timeline

Hi there .....thank u 4 your feedback......

Currently i am gathering all the required documents....regarding the wedding ring, I bought it when i travelled to my wife's country to get married, since local jeweleries do not accept credit card, I paid cash and the reciept was under my wife's name. Does the reciept has to be under my name ? I bought it for her and should be under her name.

My lawyer told me to send 5 or 6 pics...since RFE is a very serious and last chance to get approved, I am planning to send about 70 or 80 pics taken in 3 different coutntires during our vacation before and after wedding.

All the doucments may weigh around 4 to 5 pounds.....................do they have time to read all these documents ?

No, they will not take the time to read even half a pound of documents. I suggest you focus on examples of what is being asked for. Pick the ones you think will serve each purpose best.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No, they will not take the time to read even half a pound of documents. I suggest you focus on examples of what is being asked for. Pick the ones you think will serve each purpose best.

Thank u for your feedback.

I have some questions regarding translated documents. My wife translated the marriage certificate and other documents through certified translator in her country and those translations were attested by the ministry of foreign affairs....on some forums, I read that USCIS do not recognize or deny any translation took place outside the US, is that true? in my case all my documents are translated into English by local translator and being certified by the ministry of foreign affair ( equivalent of dept of state in the USA)

second question is do I need to send the original translation of the marriage certificate anb divorce decrees? if I sent them (USCIS) the original translation now, i will get stuck at the counsulate when they interview her cause they want the original translation too.................dont know what to do............send copy of translation or original ones?

Edited by livetolove

Timeline

Thank u for your feedback.

I have some questions regarding translated documents. My wife translated the marriage certificate and other documents through certified translator in her country and those translations were attested by the ministry of foreign affairs....on some forums, I read that USCIS do not recognize or deny any translation took place outside the US, is that true? in my case all my documents are translated into English by local translator and being certified by the ministry of foreign affair ( equivalent of dept of state in the USA)

second question is do I need to send the original translation of the marriage certificate anb divorce decrees? if I sent them (USCIS) the original translation now, i will get stuck at the counsulate when they interview her cause they want the original translation too.................dont know what to do............send copy of translation or original ones?

Your information about translation acceptance is dead wrong. Send copies, as the original certificates and translations will be needed at the NVC stage.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Your information about translation acceptance is dead wrong. Send copies, as the original certificates and translations will be needed at the NVC stage.

In case of RFE , can I just mail them copy of the translation? do I need to send the original translation? is copy accepted ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No,as per pushbrk-send in copies!

03/25/2005- got married

USCIS

03/25/2011- I-130 sent in

03/26/2011- NOA-1

09/20/2011- Service Request

09/28/2011- Service Request Reply(extensive background check,allow 6 months...blah-blah..)

10/07/2011- RFE(4 pages)

11/15/2011- RFE reply sent back to USCIS

12/05/2011- reply for RFE showed up in the system (took them 20 days to locate and input in the system...lucky us...)

01/11/2012- NOA2(urrrrraaaaa!!!!)

NVC

01/23/2012-case received(took 12 days...waiting for the case #)

01/27/2012-case # received(but wrong Embassy assigned...has to change)

02/01/2012-invoices are e-mailed to both of us by NVC

02/07/2012-invoices are paid(had to wait due to the wrong assignment of the embassy )

02/14/2012-both packgs are sent in

02/29/2012-checklist for a missing copy of passport(not missing in reality,but either wait 20 days for a review or send it in again,so we sent it in...)

03/09/2012-case complete( could have taken less ,but well..who cares it is complete now!!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.