visaveteran1

Taking a break...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

No idea. But it's the only recent change in "RUB forum dynamics and make-up" I can think of.

I don't like too much make-up either.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

No, I think he just really doesn't like Satellite showing back up. It's bizarre.

About as bizarre as you showing back up.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Which RUBbers have been banned?

Don't be too scarce, VV-man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hoi Slim!!!! Hoe gaat het met jou en de Nederlandse werkgeven? ( I think I spelled all that right- I'm not sure).

I'm fine. And the Dutch are working me. We're getting about 55hrs. a week now.

I think you might have a selective memory. You complained about the over-moderation even before I left. ;) Seriously though, moderation has been jacked up on VJ for years. To paraphrase Mr. Twain, everyone complains about VJ moderation, but nobody ever does anything about it. Meh...hakuna matata. :)

There's a strange correlation between your presence and the moderation. We have moderators stop by on occasion but no real modding is involved unless you're present too.

Could be just a coincidence. My theory on it is folks stop by other forums saying things like, "Oh, well if you think that's f'd up you ought to check out the RUB forum." Then, when they do, they see that indeed, we are f'd up. That's when the mods roll in. Not saying you're the one doing it (I know Gary spends a lot of time in other forums and I, along with Why_Me, spend a lot of time in P&R so maybe it's us too.) but there's definitely surges in interest when it comes to visitors stopping by our forum. Typically we have none or someone cool like tmma will stop by. Then all the sudden there are sixteen mods on here closing topics for review. Time was we'd never have folks offended by what was said here. This was a free forum.

No, I think he just really doesn't like Satellite showing back up. It's bizarre.

Or you.

You guys seem to butt heads on just about every topic. VV's pretty set in his ways and your left-leaning, California politics (which I know are just for show... but he doesn't) seem to really get under his skin.

He'll be back though. "They always come back."

Which RUBbers have been banned?

I'm not sure if anyone's been banned outright but historically speaking, we've never had threads locked (without outsiders coming in) or people thread-banned. It seems like that's happening more frequently lately.

VJ has pretty simple TOS and if you violate them... you're dealt with. However, here in the RUB forum, the "Report to Moderator" button was seldom, if ever used. It's being done with increased frequency now, or so it would seem. Coupled with "outside interest" in our little forum, it's no wonder folks are "quiet" at times.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

There's a strange correlation between your presence and the moderation. We have moderators stop by on occasion but no real modding is involved unless you're present too.

Strange. You might be right that there's a correlation. It's probably because of the stimulating conversation I generate. The mods like to be around interesting people. I don't always generate stimulating conversation, but when I do...errr...still working on an end for that, but when I figure it out, it's gonna be interesting!

Or you.

Can't be. VV said it's a recent change in the dynamic or something like that. I've been back for weeks. No, it's gotta be Satellite. I guess maybe there's some history there, dunno.

VV's pretty set in his ways and your left-leaning, California politics (which I know are just for show... but he doesn't) seem to really get under his skin.

Yeah but I think the tai chi's really helping. He gets a little grumpy around the Russian holidays...and when people mention that conflict that starts with a "V" and ends with "ietnam"...and when people don't say how awesome the U.S. is...or when you've never had the same experiences he's had...or when somebody mentions that John Wayne was a draft dodger...er...um...oh Afghanistan kinda gets him going too...or when you say anything good about Russia...also when you disgree with anything he says...but other than that, I really think the tai chi is helping!

He'll be back though. "They always come back."

I hope you're right! :thumbs:

True on all counts.

Where have you been, mox? We need more of you!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Only if my post has been reported, which I'm sure it has. This forum has gone to h*ll in the past few months.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for continuing a discussion from a locked thread.

Only if my post has been reported, which I'm sure it has. This forum has gone to h*ll in the past few months.

and then there's the distinct possibility of me reading it.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

and then there's the distinct possibility of me reading it.......

I just assume you read everything on the internwebz. EVERYTHING!!!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.