dutchess626

Got married in the Philippines but on a K1 Visa application

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your Timeline Page makes no Sense to me. So that adds to my confusion.

With that: Are you Married? Have you even started any type of Petition?

What do you want to do? K-1 or Spousal?

I might have missed something here.

The OP was asking and speaking with regards to others.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

EXCUSE ME! But your reply to my thread is the one that is nonsense to me OK. I am asking this question not because it is my STATUS! I know people who did that in my country - what is UNFAIR? That they were got approval of K1 visa even if they got married in the Philippines. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, my STATUS in US is already a permanent resident awaiting for our approval of conditional status OK..... this question doesnt refer to me. What is being unfair about asking that here.....? What is your problem? Maybe you were one of those who did that, LOL

This person got MARRIED in the PHILIPPINES after they got their K1 VISA approved.....don't you understand that or you also did the same thing huh? Can you read my question as a whole... you're the one who is nonsense, LOL

Hi there ! :yes: I do understand your concern, but, as Leatherneck said....you don't have to worry about it - it's THEM, NOT YOU. Be glad that you didn't do this as clearly this is unethical. Let USCIS find it out for them, its no longer your business, in my opinion. Just be grateful to God that you did well in your immigration process. Have a peaceful mind. If you wish you could also have the same great wedding in the Philippines when you and your husband are able. May God bless you and take care of your marriage. (F)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

One thing is getting away with it. Another is a-l-w-a-y-s having to dread USCIS finding out. If AOS is based on material misrepresentation, then there's no time limit to when the status may be revoked, whether it's being a greencard holder or becoming a citizen based on marriage. I'd advise against it no matter what.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

One thing is getting away with it. Another is a-l-w-a-y-s having to dread USCIS finding out. If AOS is based on material misrepresentation, then there's no time limit to when the status may be revoked, whether it's being a greencard holder or becoming a citizen based on marriage. I'd advise against it no matter what.

This is so true. Here is a link to a Filipino doctor who had been in the states for 25 years, and was being deported because when he came here he said he was single and was really married.

http://www.indypressny.org/nycma/voices/298/briefs/briefs_1/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly, but how come some people I know of, got married in my country prior to flying in the USA....does USCIS will ever know that? Just not sure if they registered it or not at all in my country...I am just wondering why they do that? Since they know that K1 visa is faster than that of Spouse Visa, I guess but thinking ahead, it is not fair to others who waited so long and didnt get married in their own country and followed strictly the procedures and these people are somewhat like playing with the USCIS rules. They have pictures of the EXTRAVAGANT WEDDINGS in the Philippines before flying to USA but that was after they got the VISA approved of ..... hhhhmmmm .... if that is the case, then anyone can do that too, right? but that is not the procedure .... we just feel that it is so UNFAIR for others who also want to have a wedding back in our country and yet, these people got their approval from the US Embassy in MANILA .... :(

Also, what will happen to them if they caught doing that?

The K-1 and spousal visa take almost the same amount of time. People who got married in the Phils before coming to the States didn't do the K-1 process, they would not get a cenomar.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.