Narikta

K1 - How accurate is the NOA2 indications on the USCIS and VisaJourney Timelines?

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows how accurate the USCIS processing times and the VisaJourney timelines are? The USCIS is consistently saying K1 processing is within target (5 months). The VisaJourney data indicates something similar. Ours is going through the CSC. I've been checking in on the K1 timelines of other VisaJourney members going through the CSC. Some have updated receiving their NOA2 who lodged in October, but there is a lot of holes for people who lodged earlier an they've not received their's. I understand some wouldn't have updated their profile, but there seems to be a lot of holes. It seems most commonly that the Phillipines have the fastest applications, but they should be processed in order of receiving them.

I have friends who submitted August/September and don't have their NOA2 from the CSC yet. Ours was received by the CSC 08/11/2011. By the information available, ours should be looking over within the first half of April. Is this realistic?

K

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS does not Judge Philippines or Australia. Your Petition is Early yet for a NOA2.

Timelines for USCIS and VJ are never promised to be Accurate.

Good Luck

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows how accurate the USCIS processing times and the VisaJourney timelines are? The USCIS is consistently saying K1 processing is within target (5 months). The VisaJourney data indicates something similar. Ours is going through the CSC. I've been checking in on the K1 timelines of other VisaJourney members going through the CSC. Some have updated receiving their NOA2 who lodged in October, but there is a lot of holes for people who lodged earlier an they've not received their's. I understand some wouldn't have updated their profile, but there seems to be a lot of holes. It seems most commonly that the Phillipines have the fastest applications, but they should be processed in order of receiving them.

I have friends who submitted August/September and don't have their NOA2 from the CSC yet. Ours was received by the CSC 08/11/2011. By the information available, ours should be looking over within the first half of April. Is this realistic?

K

VJ stats are based on input form members, who in turn represent a small percentage of the total number of petitions received by USCIS. Generally, a K-1 takes 8-9 months end to end; but there are always exceptions depending on the specifics of the case, country, etc. It can be shorter than that and can also be longer.

Yes, there are a lot of holes. What might work best with VJ stats is to compare your application with others that were filed about same time (+/- 1-2 months) and in same service center, even from your same country if any. Keep in mind that the service center backlog volume might not be seen for weeks or even months. Meaning, it might look fast now and in 2-3 months it seems to stop, the converse is also true, it could all of a sudden appear as if things have sped up.

USCIS does not Judge Philippines or Australia. Your Petition is Early yet for a NOA2.

Timelines for USCIS and VJ are never promised to be Accurate.

Good Luck

Not sure if you saw this:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=California+Service+Center&op7=Australia&dfile=No&i129prem=All&i140prem=All&op1=5&op2=d&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

It shows about 7-8 months until interview for Australia. In some cases earlier. But also, few data points to use it for anything other than just some indication of the times. It does not mean yours will follow same timeline though.

Data indicates that it could be next month, but don't start celebrating yet. Check that link from time to time to get more up to date info -which relies on people reporting times-

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure if you saw this:

http://www.visajourn...210%2C211&cfl=0

It shows about 7-8 months until interview for Australia. In some cases earlier. But also, few data points to use it for anything other than just some indication of the times. It does not mean yours will follow same timeline though.

Data indicates that it could be next month, but don't start celebrating yet. Check that link from time to time to get more up to date info -which relies on people reporting times-

Not sure if you understand this: ONE STEP AT A TIME. They need the Noa2 first don't they. I don't care what Visa Journey says: There Petition is in the hands of USCIS for the Time being. And Visa Journey and their Links do not not decide. Every case is different.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are many people working on files. Some work slower than others. I don't believe there is one central pile that everyone grabs from. They split it up so if you imagine that the pile is from Jan to Dec some people will have the first couple of months to work on. Some will have the middle. Some will have the end. If it's outside normal processing time you can request an update.

Once you get NOA2 you should have your visa in around 2 months from then (sometimes quicker - if you're organised). Australia is pretty quick.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My K1 journey was from start (filing the petition in August 2009) to end (visa in hand December 2009) was four months. A lot of people that I know that also did the K1 seemed to be at around that time to around 6 months. The time lines aren't completely accurate, I would even say don't look at them because they stress you out!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Not sure if you understand this: ONE STEP AT A TIME. They need the Noa2 first don't they. I don't care what Visa Journey says: There Petition is in the hands of USCIS for the Time being. And Visa Journey and their Links do not not decide. Every case is different.

Not sure if you are referring to my comment, but in case it is: I'm not giving any other comment than data at VJ is indicative of how process is going in average, and in that a bad average, as there are very few data points. Never even hinted that VJ links decide, only that data is there as reported by others and use it as is no guarantees. Last link shows NOA2 and interview dates for other petitions related to Australia. I even said to not start celebrating just yet. Can be shorter, can be longer; backlog volumes can spike at any time and that is not seen until weeks/months later, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. It was more a point of curiosity :)

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.