acuratlsd

Things you had to buy and/or throw away?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is for those guys with Filipina fiancee and wives.

When your fiancee or wife first came to live with you in America. What were some things that you had to buy because she needed, being american you would never need. Also, what are some things you had to hide or throw away cause she found it dis tasteful.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

This is for those guys with Filipina fiancee and wives.

When your fiancee or wife first came to live with you in America. What were some things that you had to buy because she needed, being american you would never need. Also, what are some things you had to hide or throw away cause she found it dis tasteful.

Bought a rice cooker, a car, and a new house. Also lots of Pinay Food. She wants a Bidet, but I working on that.

Things I should have thrown away! The pictures of the young Senorita from right before I met her, laying on our current bed at the time. Oh Yes I bought a new bed also .. LOL

Filed: Timeline

Clothes. Lots of clothes. Her whole world fit into the large duffle bag I left with her when I visited the Philippines, and a box her dad strapped together for her. She is still buying clothes, and shoes, and purses. Lots of purses.

Filed: Timeline

Things I should have thrown away! The pictures of the young Senorita from right before I met her, laying on our current bed at the time. Oh Yes I bought a new bed also .. LOL

I did spent a month scrubbing walls and floors, make room in the closets, buying another dresser. I made two trips to Goodwill just getting rid of old clothes I had.

Timeline

Bought a rice cooker, a car, and a new house. Also lots of Pinay Food. She wants a Bidet, but I working on that.

She wants a pony? Gezzz... the closest thing my fiancee will come to a pony is a framed photo of one.

Or I can just take her on one of the farms around here. I live in the boonies.

I may even let her milk a cow, whatever floats her boat.

I had a rice cooker already but it was only for 2 cups. American size for a whole family... then I went out and bought a 12 cup just for her.

USCIS

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

MANILA EMBASSY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She wants a pony? Gezzz... the closest thing my fiancee will come to a pony is a framed photo of one.

Or I can just take her on one of the farms around here. I live in the boonies.

I may even let her milk a cow, whatever floats her boat.

I had a rice cooker already but it was only for 2 cups. American size for a whole family... then I went out and bought a 12 cup just for her.

I think you mistake what the Bidet is, it would replace the Tabo they use in the Philippines.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Oh! The cup and bucket... I forgot that they don't really use toilet paper. They use the shower head.

USCIS

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

MANILA EMBASSY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My piece of advice to you my friend. Us being Filipino... you definitely need a lot of patience because of the cultural differences you may encounter. I hate to say this but those American White Boys need to really show a lot of respect for our Filipina Ladies. Marrying a Filipina is the most valuable gift you could ever have in your life because not just their beautiful.. They support you 100% on a day to day basis. Filipina's are considered the most brilliant individual on earth so give them the most respectful treatment they deserve. Filipina's are very talented when it comes to your own comfort need as far of taking care of you. Pinays does all the work at home and you wont find a typical American Ladies who cooks, wash clothes and cleans your own house. So give yourself a tap on the back because you made the right Choice.. No offense...

My piece of advice to you my friend. Us being Filipino... you definitely need a lot of patience because of the cultural differences you may encounter. I hate to say this but those American White Boys need to really show a lot of respect for our Filipina Ladies. Marrying a Filipina is the most valuable gift you could ever have in your life because not just their beautiful.. They support you 100% on a day to day basis. Filipina's are considered the most brilliant individual on earth so give them the most respectful treatment they deserve. Filipina's are very talented when it comes to your own comfort need as far of taking care of you. Pinays does all the work at home and you wont find a typical American Ladies who cooks, wash clothes and cleans your own house. So give yourself a tap on the back because you made the right Choice.. No offense...

Amen to every word

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Huh...you left out lots of other men that are not white. However, I do get your point.

We do love Pinays!

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Well except for the cooking and washing clothes... I do the cooking and clothes washing, she folds. I will not share the rice story here... :rofl:

Okay so my nickname is Mr. Mom.... :blush:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hmmmm....I don't think so. They are wives, not hired help. We split the housekeeping chores.

In my case I work full time, in a demanding job that has gone 78 hour weeks a few times since she has been here. She does not work. I don't have any problem with her job being the upkeep and running of the home.

Filed: Other Timeline

Everything was great until your "American White Boys" comment....truly not necessary and mildly offensive. 100% in agreement with you in regards to giving them the utmost respect as a human being whether Filipino or an American White Boy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.