Scafidi454

So, I finally heard something...RFE!

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is all guessing game. It can range from copy of divorce certificate to primary proof of meeting to anything. You need to wait for RFE. Do not worry! Just 2 weeks delay.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If question 18 asks about how we've met in the past two years, then I messed that part up too.

(I just checked. It asks if we've met within the past two years of filing this petition. Then, it asks how we met, but it doesn't state whether it was how we first met or how we met last time)

I'll look through everything again.

No one can say for sure what your RFE is for. However if you didn't put any dates in that box, you're giving USCIS the benefit of doubt. I'd prefer a passport stamp over a boarding pass - far from all boarding passes have years on them. Some have received an RFE for simply using the cover letter here on VJ. Too many possibilities right now.

Edit: Well, or they could have lost something in your petition and ask for that again. It happens. Better to wait to know exactly what you need to submit.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What about stamps in the passport?

Sounds like this is not the reason.

What about those Letters of Intent?

My letter of intent may be the issue. The letter that I created basically had a signed statement from me, and then there was another statement near the bottom of the page that was for her to sign. I sent her my signed copy, she signed it, and scanned it to me. So, both of our signatures are on the same page.

If they'll require the originals, I guess it may take a few weeks to get it...

Timeline

No one can say for sure what your RFE is for. However if you didn't put any dates in that box, you're giving USCIS the benefit of doubt. I'd prefer a passport stamp over a boarding pass - far from all boarding passes have years on them. Some have received an RFE for simply using the cover letter here on VJ. Too many possibilities right now.

Edit: Well, or they could have lost something in your petition and ask for that again. It happens. Better to wait to know exactly what you need to submit.

We did put a date in that box for Question 18 - I did include my passport stamps too!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

well, in two weeks or so we'll know who won the pool!

;-)

K-1 Process:
8/26/2011 - I-129f mailed
8/31/2011 - NOA1
2/03/2012 - RFE
2/09/2012 - RFE received through US Mail
2/14/2012 - RFE response mailed
2/16/2012 - RFE response received by CSC
2/17/2012 - Touch
3/08/2012 - NOA2
I-129f was approved in 190 days from NOA1 date.

3/15/2012 - NVC received
3/19/2012 - NVC left

3/21/2012 - Embassy received
3/28/2012 - Packet 3 received by beneficiary

01/28/2013 - Married

03/11/2013 - Sent AOS packet

05/17/2013 - EAP and AP approved in 66 days

10/26/2013 - Green Card Production email notification

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My letter of intent may be the issue. The letter that I created basically had a signed statement from me, and then there was another statement near the bottom of the page that was for her to sign. I sent her my signed copy, she signed it, and scanned it to me. So, both of our signatures are on the same page.

If they'll require the originals, I guess it may take a few weeks to get it...

Yes those letters require original signatures. Get ready to have her send to you another copy; don't punch that button until.

Scanned, or emailed or faxed do not work; original wet signatures....best is to have two separate letters. Use the Example Forms, they work fine.

The Instructions clearly state: "Provide original statements from you and your fiance whom you plan to marry within 90 days.......

Also while you are at it, you both need to complete newer duplicate letters, with more current dates and send her your signed copy along with the other stuff. Follow the VJ Guides.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Yes those letters require original signatures. Get ready to have her send to you another copy; don't punch that button until.

Scanned, or emailed or faxed do not work; original wet signatures....best is to have two separate letters. Use the Example Forms, they work fine.

The Instructions clearly state: "Provide original statements from you and your fiance whom you plan to marry within 90 days.......

Also while you are at it, you both need to complete newer duplicate letters, with more current dates and send her your signed copy along with the other stuff. Follow the VJ Guides.

When I called and talked to them, they told me originals were not required, but could be requested later.

So, you think we need to update our G325s and I-129f???

Edited by Scafidi454

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I did describe how we first met. I also included copies of my boarding passes and visa page from when I went to Moscow in August.

Boarding pass is not dated (year missing). You would need all pages of passport, not just stamps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

When I called and talked to them, they told me originals were not required, but could be requested later.

Well.....then they are requesting them now......via the form of an RFE.

Maybe you joined VJ after you filed because you would have known that it is imperative to submit those with original signatures....some folks have been through all this.

No need to update anything unless they ask for it.

Follow the VJ Guides and ask questions here and follow those answers and you'll be fine.....obviously whomever you talked to was not in a position of final authority in USCIS.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They do not need originaldocuments used for evidence such as birth certificates, passports, boarding passes, divorce decrees, nad even translations etc. Copies are fine. Signatures on the G-325a, I-129f and letters of intent need to be originals. Thats why the instructions say "originals" for those items and "copies" for the others.

You cannot guess what the RFE will be and neither can we. When you get it you will know what to do.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Boarding pass is not dated (year missing). You would need all pages of passport, not just stamps.

Not necessarily.IF the passport is being used as a means to establish citizenship, then yes, you need all pages. I would recommend it in any case, but it is not necessary if a BC is also enclosed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not necessarily.IF the passport is being used as a means to establish citizenship, then yes, you need all pages. I would recommend it in any case, but it is not necessary if a BC is also enclosed.

agreed, stamp with boarding pass it would seem to be clear. but very weak evidence as the passport identity is not readily established. ie, name and photo linked with stamp. do they have access to passport number on the page and would the bother to look it up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm on the same boat. I got a text last friday that there was an update then I saw an RFE. I have called the cust service line 3x to try to get something but I wasnt able to. I just received a letter from my senator today that my petition was expedited and was assigned to an officer. Too bad they found something to RFE. It could havebeen an approval already but oh well.

Timeline

Birth certificate was enclosed

Timeline

Well.....then they are requesting them now......via the form of an RFE.

Maybe you joined VJ after you filed because you would have known that it is imperative to submit those with original signatures....some folks have been through all this.

No need to update anything unless they ask for it.

Follow the VJ Guides and ask questions here and follow those answers and you'll be fine.....obviously whomever you talked to was not in a position of final authority in USCIS.

The thing is, I called them and they told me that copies were sufficient. Also, I am trying to get a heads up on everything since post takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get here from Russia.

So, I think I'll update everything that she would have to sign (G325 and Letter of Intent), and I'll have her send it to me just in case (so we can cut down on the waiting time).

On the Letter of Intent, should I use my mailing or permanent address (they're different). USCIS has my mailing address in their master records.

Edited by Scafidi454

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.