dawnnhatem

Happy Tuesday

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Its almost 7 and no thread yet? Let me start.

No news, but I am starting a job search today (just started). Its getting to be a while since I worked and I think its time I went back in. I have started several job searches and even got a few jobs in the last year or so but by the time I get a job offer(but before accepting or starting), we decide I shouldn't work afterall. Think I can find one in one day?

Have a nice day everyone!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Good luck on your job search...To me, a job is a great way to get away from the house and away from the family for a while. (I love them dearly but I like to get some "amal" time in occasionally) It's nice to get my mind focused on something other than the house and my sons homework. I know it sounds crazy...but I never said I was normal now, did I :lol: It also gives me time to go grocery shopping (after work) and take my sweet time at the grocery store...just me, my thoughts, and the pita bread. ....

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For me, a job is a necessity... thankfully I love what I do... certainly makes for a much more pleasant day at work! :P Happy Tuesday everyone! (F)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm at work recovering from last night. We've planned to have dinner guests every Monday night during Ramadan, since that's Wadi's day off. Well, I guess word spreads and everyone brings a friend, because there I was, feeding 8 very hungry Moroccan men! :lol: Luckily, we had plenty to go around. I'm very happy that my harira was a hit. Wadi even told me it was better than his sister's! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
For me, a job is a necessity... thankfully I love what I do... certainly makes for a much more pleasant day at work! :P Happy Tuesday everyone! (F)

A necessity for me, too. Its been really hard not working a job - but seriously most days since his arrival is like having 2 jobs here so I just haven't been able to. I'm not complaining though and being home to support what he is doing has been more important, ya know?

I haven't found anything yet. :angry:

Really, my goal is to get a job offer today.

Henia- how was the katiif today? How did you make it?

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone. Yes, had bad storms, one after another in Chicago. Was not a fun night, bad thunder and lightening, was awake most of the night. Left my husband to the tv and crawled in bed with our daughter. Then hubby woke me up to get back in his bed. Oh, life is a joy while Im working and he is not and it's Ramadan. :help:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Timeline

No storms here for a change. We've had our share of bad ones and it looks like we may have some here this morning. Mohammed had one of those moments last night that leaves you weak and shakey. I swear he had an angel on his shoulder. He went to a cafe for tea and just to be out. This is not something he normally does but he just wanted to get out. He was sitting at a table with a man a bit older then him who he didn't really know, just having conversation. Well, as those who are familiar with Egypt know, ocassionally the local cop shops decided its quota-filling time and hit the cafes. Two cops came in while he was sitting there and he said his heart just went to his throat. You don't dare leave or they'll nab you on your way out the door, sure its an admission of some invisible guilt. They were hitting people, slapping people, yelling at them, interrogating them... just randomly. They came to his table and asked for his ID card. He said it was at home because he lived just around the corner but inside he was shaking like a leaf sure they were going to haul him off. He said all he could think of was "we've come so far, waiting so long for this @#*$ing visa, and this is the last thing he needs on his record." They turned to the guy next to him, asked him for his card, and before he could reply one of the cops slapped the guy across the face and hauled him out of his chair by his shirt. They hauled off 10 people. They'll process them, hold them for a few days, then if no one comes to pay, they toss them back out. He said he didn't feel much like sitting in any more cafes. I swear this wait is going to kill us both.

Edited by just_waiting

Timeline
He said all he could think of was "we've come so far, waiting so long for this @#*$ing visa, and this is the last thing he needs on his record." They turned to the guy next to him, asked him for his card, and before he could reply slapped him across the face and hauled him out of his chair by his shirt. They hauled off 10 people. They'll process them, hold them for a few days, then if no one comes to pay, they toss them back out. He said he didn't feel much like sitting in any more cafes. I swear this wait is going to kill us both.

What do you mean? They arrest people for no reason just to get bail money?

Timeline

I'm in a mood today. I woke up late, my bus was 20 min late, I missed my second bus and I was 30 min late to work. No I am sitting here waiting for the day to be over. I am tired and my tummy hurts and I keep felling like I am going to fall off my seat from exhaustion. Oh well. I am going to my dad's house for a little while today after work. I am borrowing his car for the next two days which is nice so I will beable to leave the house the same time my husband leaves to house. Anyway, I have my doctors appointment tomorrow so hopefully everything will be ok. I hope everyone has a good day. take care!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having an A-ok day so far, alhamdulillah. Just working..yay fun! I went out for endless shrimp at Red Lobster with my best girlfriend last night. I ate myself sick :( . No more shrimp!!! Last night I dreamt of Mohamed all night long. Everytime I would wake up at night and fall back asleep the dreams would start right where they left off. It was weird. The dreams just involved us doing everyday stuff...shopping, visiting friends, sitting at home, etc. Well the dream I had involving us shopping made me worry. I woke up and thought to myself..if he acts anything like in the dream that man will drive me crazy!!! It was nice though like I spent the entire night hanging out with my habibi complete with kissies :luv: Awwwwww (L)

Have a nice Tuesday y'all!

He said all he could think of was "we've come so far, waiting so long for this @#*$ing visa, and this is the last thing he needs on his record." They turned to the guy next to him, asked him for his card, and before he could reply slapped him across the face and hauled him out of his chair by his shirt. They hauled off 10 people. They'll process them, hold them for a few days, then if no one comes to pay, they toss them back out. He said he didn't feel much like sitting in any more cafes. I swear this wait is going to kill us both.

What do you mean? They arrest people for no reason just to get bail money?

Extra cash, job security and if they're lucky to filter out a bit of riff raff... but mostly job security. I would blow this off to Moh just being negative but his father's a cop. Another forum member's SO had this happen to him too. They just do random "sweeps". Doesn't matter if you're a good guy or a bad guy. If the cop doesn't like the way look, you get a little side trip. Whee.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good morning all,

Just got to work... no one is here yet... yipee... I'm trying to get some work done.... ;)

I had a dream of my honey too last night... He was going on a trip but he decided to stay with me since I was alone in a hotel....right where it was starting to get good .. :blush: . my alarm went off.... :crying::lol:

Have a good day everyone... :star:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Hi girls,

just come back from work... i'm a bit exhausted

my husband is going to attend a job fair... We hope that he'll fins sth interesting in his field of study

I miss him soooo bad :(

have a good a day

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.