GaryC

Everyone that believes in free speech should be appalled at this!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I came across this column today and I really can't believe this is happening in America. Regardless of your political leanings you should be scared, very scared if this is allowed to become the norm in America.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15078348/site/newsweek/

So, we should stick with the administration and Congress we've got, who has made it legal to torture people, who condones spying on our citizens, who protects a pedophile cause they might lose a seat, etc. etc. etc., instead of risk a Democratic Congress that might (just might) stifle conservative talk radio?

Sorry, the Republicans have proven yet again that power corrupts. Time for new management.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I came across this column today and I really can't believe this is happening in America. Regardless of your political leanings you should be scared, very scared if this is allowed to become the norm in America.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15078348/site/newsweek/

So, we should stick with the administration and Congress we've got, who has made it legal to torture people, who condones spying on our citizens, who protects a pedophile cause they might lose a seat, etc. etc. etc., instead of risk a Democratic Congress that might (just might) stifle conservative talk radio?

Sorry, the Republicans have proven yet again that power corrupts. Time for new management.

Time for new management! who would you suggest? Also lumping all republicans into one is very telling on your stants! very typical.

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Oh really? "who protects a pedophile cause they might lose a seat"

Gerry Eastman Studds (born May 12, 1937) is a retired American politician, born in Mineola, New York. He served as a Democratic Congressman for Massachusetts from 1973 until 1996. He was the first openly homosexual member of the US Congress and, more generally, the first openly gay national politician in the US. In 1983, he admitted having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male page a decade earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Studds

"who has made it legal to torture people" The new law makes anything even close to tourture illegal.

"condones spying on our citizens" Only if they are talking to terrorist outside the country.

So to get rid of these "evil" republicans you think it's OK to use tactics like this to stop political speech?

I'd say your much more dangerous than anything the republicans are.

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Timeline

Gerry Eastman Studds (born May 12, 1937) is a retired American politician, born in Mineola, New York. He served as a Democratic Congressman for Massachusetts from 1973 until 1996. He was the first openly homosexual member of the US Congress and, more generally, the first openly gay national politician in the US. In 1983, he admitted having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male page a decade earlier.

Apple, meet orange. Studds was censured for what he had done a decade before. Republican leaders like Hastert knew about Foley's proclivities a year ago and didn't investigate cause they needed him re-elected.

"who has made it legal to torture people" The new law makes anything even close to tourture illegal.

Why is the military against the new law? Why has Colin Powell expressed his opposition? We have to take the moral high ground. And I'm pretty sure if you were waterboarded you'd think you were tortured.

"condones spying on our citizens" Only if they are talking to terrorist outside the country.

You're far more trusting of our government than I am. "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

Apple, meet orange. Studds was censured for what he had done a decade before. Republican leaders like Hastert knew about Foley's proclivities a year ago and didn't investigate cause they needed him re-elected.

Your right, apples and oranges, Studds acually had sex with the page and the Dems protected him from expultion. The Dems also had the IM's from Foley but they held off giving them out until it would most damage the elections. Who is protecting whom here?

Why is the military against the new law? Why has Colin Powell expressed his opposition? We have to take the moral high ground. And I'm pretty sure if you were waterboarded you'd think you were tortured.

Waterboarding is no longer allowed.

You're far more trusting of our government than I am. "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Your far more trusting of the terrorists. Your movie quotes don't impress me.

I still say that if you think restricting free speech to get your political way is thousands of times more dangerous than anything you think the Republicans are doing.

Timeline

Its just another DESPERATE move from the left!

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline
I still say that if you think restricting free speech to get your political way is thousands of times more dangerous than anything you think the Republicans are doing.

I still say that lying to start a war in Iraq is a thousand times worse than stifling conservative talk radio. But two wrongs don't make a right; if Democrats try to restrict anyone's freedom of speech I'll be right there protesting next to the reddest Red-stater.

BTW, here's an article backing up what I said about Republican leaders having knowledge of Foley's emails a year ago.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

Timeline

I still say that lying to start a war in Iraq is a thousand times worse than stifling conservative talk radio. But two wrongs don't make a right; if Democrats try to restrict anyone's freedom of speech I'll be right there protesting next to the reddest Red-stater.

BTW, here's an article backing up what I said about Republican leaders having knowledge of Foley's emails a year ago.

The way I remember it Bush gave Saddam 24 to 48 hours to let inspectors back in or we would attack! The rest is history!

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

"BTW, here's an article backing up what I said about Republican leaders having knowledge of Foley's emails a year ago."

The dems also had the emails for a year. Where is their concern for the page? If they are really appalled at Foleys actions why did the let it slide that long? I'll tell you why, because winning the election is more important to them than their morals.

You have the right to think what you want. I am not trying to dispute that. My whole point is that the Dems will do ANYTHING including trying to muzzle someone that does not agree with them. If you don't see how dangerous that is you don't understand the problem.

The way I remember it Bush gave Saddam 24 to 48 hours to let inspectors back in or we would attack! The rest is history!

You remember wrong then, the weapons inspectors were IN Iraq trying to do their job when the UN pulled them out BECAUSE of the coming invasion.

At the time of the invasion UNMOVIC inspectors were ordered out by the United Nations. The inspectors requested more time as they were unable to account for the destruction of all proscribed items in the four months since inspections had resumed.[61][23]

It was 48 hours for Saddam to leave.

the United States unilaterally delivered an ultimatum on March 17, 2003, demanding that Saddam Hussein leave Iraq within 48 hours.[24]

emphasis added

source

Edited by Marc and Olga

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Timeline

You remember wrong then, the weapons inspectors were IN Iraq trying to do their job when the UN pulled them out BECAUSE of the coming invasion.

At the time of the invasion UNMOVIC inspectors were ordered out by the United Nations. The inspectors requested more time as they were unable to account for the destruction of all proscribed items in the four months since inspections had resumed.[61][23]

It was 48 hours for Saddam to leave.

the United States unilaterally delivered an ultimatum on March 17, 2003, demanding that Saddam Hussein leave Iraq within 48 hours.[24]

emphasis added

source

Your right oops,I guess he should have left!

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!