one...two...tree

New phone will scream if it's stolen

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now if your mobile telephone is stolen, you can scream — and your phone can, too. A new service launched Monday is designed to deter mobile phone theft by equipping telephones with an ear-piercing scream.

The screaming won't stop unless the battery is removed. Even if the thief replaces the phone's SIM card, the handset will not work.

All customers' information is centrally stored, so contacts, ringtones, pictures, texts and other data can be retrieved when a new handset is purchased. The service costs about $18 a month.

The goal of the service is to make mobile phones useless to anyone but the rightful owner, said Mark Whiteman, the managing director of Remote XT.

"We'll see the market for stolen handsets stamped out once and for all," he said.

___

On The Net:

http://www.synchronica.com/press/releases/...s-a-scream.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Can't wait to read the next article on how some smart crook figured out a way to beat this :)

Can't wait to read how the company doing this gets sued for effecting hearing loss.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Can't wait to read the next article on how some smart crook figured out a way to beat this :)

Can't wait to read how the company doing this gets sued for effecting hearing loss.

Can't wait to read how the company doing this gets sued for effecting hear loss...by the thief! I watch too many court shows and oh the stupidity...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can't wait to read how the company doing this gets sued for effecting hear loss...by the thief! I watch too many court shows and oh the stupidity...

Me too :lol::lol:

***ummm, Your honor yes I stole it but, its all their fault***

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This would have come in real handy when my phone got stolen in Mexico. I can just see that lady trying to make her 10 phone calls, send the texts, and taking pictures of herself only for the phone to start screaming. That would be hilarious. Not to mention useful down there, where chip changing happens very very frequently.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Might be a good idea if your traveling to another country like the Philippines were alot of cell phone theft goes on. friend of mine there got held up over a cell phone.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Might be a good idea if your traveling to another country like the Philippines were alot of cell phone theft goes on. friend of mine there got held up over a cell phone.

When we took a taxi in Afghanistan we told him where we wanted to go and he told us that we were lucky that it wasn't dark or else he wouldn't take us there because another taxi driver got killed over his cell phone. I just don't get it...