14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband's EAD and AOS were filed in April 2006. In May 2006 he was scheduled for his Biometrics for both his EAD and AOS. After noticing that the the A# (which we called about as soon as we received his Receipt) was different on the receipts for the EAD & AOS we had the Biometrics performed for the EAD and they rescheduled him for the AOS Biometrics in June. The rescheduling was done in order to provide time for the A# to be corrected. Of course we arrived and nothing was still changed regarding the A#. However, they fixed the problem that day, and continued with the Biometrics for the AOS. The EAD has been approved and received. The AOS was last 'touched' in July. Nothing more has taken place. But yet I see others who arrived on a K-1, filed the same papers but yet they have been approved. Is there a delay? Or do you think we have been overlooked.

Thanks for your help.

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check the processing times for you local office, some are quick, some are slow.

I just checked your profile, the Charlotte, NC office is processing I-485s with a date of January 1, 2006. Of course those dates are not perfect.

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline

Thanks for the response. We have two processing offices. One is working on cases from 2003 (yes ... 2003) and the other is 2005. The office listing the date of 2003 is two hours away. While the office stating 2005 is 3 hours away. I can't seem to get a straight answer as to which office will be handling our case.

Timeline
Thanks for the response. We have two processing offices. One is working on cases from 2003 (yes ... 2003) and the other is 2005. The office listing the date of 2003 is two hours away. While the office stating 2005 is 3 hours away. I can't seem to get a straight answer as to which office will be handling our case.

Check on the USCIS website under District Offices, on the 'about us' page(s) they will tell you which areas/counties each office serves.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Check on the USCIS website under District Offices, on the 'about us' page(s) they will tell you which areas/counties each office serves.

Ditto. :yes:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline

Canuck Carrie,

The Charlotte, NC office is where he had his Biometrics (its only 15 minutes from where we live). However, we live in the state of South Carolina and the offices here are Charleston, SC and Greer, SC. EVERY time I call USCIS in order to find out which office in South Carolina we will have the interview I get either Charleston or Greer. This is after I explained that our Biometrics was in a different state (maybe because of how close we live to the NC border).

As always .... thanks a bunch!

Timeline

Nevermind. I can't figure it out either, too many offices out your way :D

What a confusion! :blink:

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Timeline
Nevermind. I can't figure it out either, too many offices out your way :D

What a confusion! :blink:

I agree! But thanks to everyone for the responses. Believe it or not, I think I'm starting to make sense of this ...... I think :blush:

Timeline

My money is on Charleston, Greer doesn't seem to do interviews since they're a satelite office (whatever that is ;) )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My wife and I also feel that her AOS has fallen through the cracks or may be off the case worker's desk. I have seen others post their success strories of interviews at Santa Ana, CA for filing dates after ours. We were hoping that since they were tardy in sending us RFE, 3 1/2 after filing, they will promptly schedule an interview if not send it to CSC after receiving RFE.

:whistle:

My husband's EAD and AOS were filed in April 2006. In May 2006 he was scheduled for his Biometrics for both his EAD and AOS. After noticing that the the A# (which we called about as soon as we received his Receipt) was different on the receipts for the EAD & AOS we had the Biometrics performed for the EAD and they rescheduled him for the AOS Biometrics in June. The rescheduling was done in order to provide time for the A# to be corrected. Of course we arrived and nothing was still changed regarding the A#. However, they fixed the problem that day, and continued with the Biometrics for the AOS. The EAD has been approved and received. The AOS was last 'touched' in July. Nothing more has taken place. But yet I see others who arrived on a K-1, filed the same papers but yet they have been approved. Is there a delay? Or do you think we have been overlooked.

Thanks for your help.

Boaz

K3, AOS

01-19-06 - Mailed I-129F to NBC

04-28-06 - Arrived in Los Angeles

12-11-06 - AOS Interview at Santa Ana, CA - Approved

12-22-06 - Received Green Card in the mail

Removing Conditions

09-15-08 - CSC received I-751

01-06-09 - Received Green Card in the mail

Citizenship

10-05-09 - Mailed N-400 to Phoenix

11-04-09 - Biometrics

01-12-10 - Interview at Santa Ana, CA - Approved

02-19-10 - Oath ceremony at Pomona, CA

03-11-10 - Received passport

Timeline
My wife and I also feel that her AOS has fallen through the cracks or may be off the case worker's desk. I have seen others post their success strories of interviews at Santa Ana, CA for filing dates after ours. We were hoping that since they were tardy in sending us RFE, 3 1/2 after filing, they will promptly schedule an interview if not send it to CSC after receiving RFE.

:whistle:

Thanks for your help.

Boaz

calOC,

I hope things work out for you soon.

Boaz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just so you know, my A# changed at least 2 times. I did nothing about it, and when I had to call the 800-number, I only needed to quote the receipt number. The A# on my approval notice matches that on greencard though.

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey Boaz

I also live in South Carolina and have heard absolutely nothing since my biometrics were taken in May 2006. I received my EAD but it is like they have forgotten about my AOS or lost the file. It is driving me crazy not knowing what is going on....Charleston is my local office - I should imagine your local office would be where your biometrics were taken, but who the hell knows with USCIS. I am tempted to make an infopass appointment soon to ask what's going on.

Claire and Chris - 1st year together[br].png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.