pedroh

what y'all had for lunch?

152 posts in this topic

stir fried carrots, onions, green pepper, green beans, snow peas, cabbage, celery, pork, shrimp

All of that for lunch? :D

it was all in one - I made one batch and divided it into 5 containers for lunch this week. I'll have the same thing tomorrow and the next day and the next day and Friday.

Is that chop suey?

That depends on the sauce used. This time it did happen to be chop suey sauce.

That dish is similar to what my wife made me minus the shrimp.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

A hot dog...finally, they serve something I can identify! So I made myself 2 hot dogs with ketchup and mustard, and sure enough, I am stuffed after the first one!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Joey that drink sounds good!! Diet ginger and skyy...do you do flavored skyyor just regular??

I need to give up beer and wine. I'm SUCH A wino

Just regular Skyy because that's what was in the booze cabinet. I'm usually a whisky straight, water back girl if I'm going on the spirits. But i must say, the skyy with the canada dry is NICE and barely any calories at all...

If you ARE a vodka fan, Paul really likes Lime Finlandia on the rocks - he says it's gorgeous, and smooth enough to drink straight.

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Timeline
If you ARE a vodka fan, Paul really likes Lime Finlandia on the rocks - he says it's gorgeous, and smooth enough to drink straight.

Joey, you boozer. haha.

mmmmm. Lime vodka. I normally do Absolut on the rocks with olives. But I can do a mixer at times as well.

Edited by devilette

Joey, you boozer. haha.

mmmmm. Lime vodka. I normally do Absolut on the rocks with olives. But I can do a mixer at times as well.

LOL I KNOW! I hijacked this thread with booze. :devil: Only because while I'm still eating every day until Saturday I'm sticking to my NO BOOZE policy until then...and I'm thinking about it. I paid the extra $30 to get an 'import beer selection' for the wedding so the Bud light (blah, boring) and the STELLA ARTOIS will be flowing all night. GET IN! Wifebeater! And while I'm not getting drunk at my own wedding (bit tacky imo) I will be eating and having a nice tall ice cold Stella..mmm, I am a boozer! :D

Good for you on the carbs, D - I COULD NEVER DO IT. Not in a million years...

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

LOL you two crack me up.

I didn't get WASTED at my wedding either but I wasn't saying no to the champers :)

We had open bar at our wedding but it was super small so it wasn't bad!

No one else a wine drinker? I can't do straight ANYTHING anymore! Too many rough nights!! I was in a sorority, what can I say!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I want a strawberry margerita soo bad.. :crying: ..... I have the tequilla and margerita mix already.. :whistle: but no can do for at least another 4 or 5 months :crying:

I have tried margeritas at a few places around here and the best one I have had so far was at Olive Garden :lol: I even had one at a Mexican restauraunt but Olive Garden's are still the best... :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

All it takes me is two beers to have a good buzz going after a few more i am done for the night lol :lol:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

LOL you two crack me up.

I didn't get WASTED at my wedding either but I wasn't saying no to the champers :)

We had open bar at our wedding but it was super small so it wasn't bad!

No one else a wine drinker? I can't do straight ANYTHING anymore! Too many rough nights!! I was in a sorority, what can I say!

I can't do the get wasted anymore. Just can't, my body has a whoa button now where it just goes, no, this taste awful you don't want it anymore before i go sloshing myself up. I LOVE red wine, not crazy about white but I can drink it. I LOVE an ice cold beer when it fits the mood, but I don't drink it like I used to (a lot in college...hey, it's cold in Michigan, nothing else to do but stay inside and watch the keg go down). And I used to drink Jack Daniels, mixed or straight but then i started educating myself on Scotch and now give me a room temp. glass of Dalwhinnie, Highland Park, etc and I'm a happy girl.

We're having an open bar and it's the Michigan/Michigan State college ball game that afternoon...God help the bartenders...it's mostly Michigan fans in my camp, if they win they drink. If they lose they drink....

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

Good luck out there!

Timeline

oooh I know how huge college football is up there too!! That will be fun for you though! I know you'll have the BEST time. Is Paul's family coming over as well??

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

oooh I know how huge college football is up there too!! That will be fun for you though! I know you'll have the BEST time. Is Paul's family coming over as well??

His mom, dad, aunt and uncle are making the trip. We're picking them up tomorrow actually, I can't wait. He has the nicest family, it's mine that's crazy (but in a nice fun way :D ).

I don't mind the game being on, I've even told the DJ to announce the score time to time or any big plays. It's Michigan/Michigan State!

Man I love VJ.... :D

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

Good luck out there!

Timeline

I love Stewart's fam too!! We got married in Oz, but they did come up for our "reception" here in the states. They got on with my family really well!!

I love VJ too!! Hehe.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You overdid it in college. I wasn't in a sorority therefore i'm catching up now! Mmmmmm, champers. (L)

I like the white wine too (all my UK friends drink it so I got started on it). When I lived in NYC, we did vodka on the rocks, MANY in one night & they were doubles or triples! Luckily my tolerance has gone down now. With the mister not here, I never go out.

Red wine makes my head stuffy but I do like it.

Joey - I'm only starting the no carbs things today since we passed the interview & I have 31 days to go. I've done it before tho & I'll do it again! Bad time to quit smoking though, that was my go-to before when I wanted sweets. I hate my body right now. Blech.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm, my beef stew is starting to smell soooo good... I have it simmering away in my crock pot.... I think I have nixed the idea of fresh bread.... I don't feel like making it now :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif