MarieAnastasia

Olympics.....NL Curling team going for the Gold today!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
They doed it. Dem newfies are purty smart eh

:lol:

Great job guys :thumbs:

Go Canadians. :dance:

The Canadian Teams are doing a great job this year :thumbs:

i always glad to see canada do well..

Aint you just to sweet :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

WOW!!! What a game!!! 10 to 4 for Canada :dance: ! Everybody was glued to their TV sets. They had an interview with Brad Gushue before the game and his Mom was supposed to be in Italy with him and his Dad but she was diagnosed with cancer not long ago and she was going through chemo so she couldn't travel. As soon as Canada got the GOLD he phoned his Mom when he was still on the ice and I guess she didn't pick up right away and he looked at the camera and holds up his phone and says "Pick up the phone, Mom!" Too cute. My daughter and I had a cry when he got a hold of her and he started to cry while they were getting him to sign the sheet (while he's still on the phone) and he says in his good old Newfie slang, "I'm acting like a big suck!!" (Anybody knowing how we Newfies speak knows that it's not pronounced like 'suck' but more like 'suk'. The first time I said it to Bruce he looked at me and said 'What????' :unsure: It means acting like a baby (for the record....I was talking about me not him :lol:

Congratulations, CANADA..........Love Ya (L)

Here's a picture of me and my 2 sisters (I'm in the middle)...........{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

BernieJoanFlo_1_.bmp

Edited by MarieAnastasia

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Timeline

I didnt watch the game. But would have cried when I seen him calling his mom. :crying:

Go Canada :dance:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
I didnt watch the game. But would have cried when I seen him calling his mom. :crying:

Go Canada :dance:

I watched the game on the USA network channel, and when they showed him on the phone and saying "aww he's on the phone now with his mom, she must be so proud" ----that's when I lost it!!!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice to see the US men win the bronze. Firts curling medal for the US. Supposely the big guy (Bush) was watching - good to hear he's doing something useful for once ;)

HAHAHAHAHA! I love it. Yes, it's an accomplishment for this President to sit on his ### & watch TV.

I love to kid curling, because it's not exactly an athletic pursuit, but it is no doubt challenging & requiring skill. Congrats for the US bronze and GL to our neighbors up north going for gold!

Why don't you try curling... I think that after you do it once, you give up that idea that it's not an athletic pursuit...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

BTW, that should have been pronounced like 'sook'. :blush: I can speak my slang but can't spellit :P

Also the picture I attached was supposed to be in the post but it didn't come out. It's a picture of me and my 2 sisters on Canada Day last year....................Have a gawk at it.........{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

March 24 - Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Love curling!! Have curled for yrs, but living down in DC I have not had a chance yet. Maybe next yr, depends on the wifes work schedule. Its amazing how many people think curling is not hard, or you don't get much of a work out, THAT is until the try it!! Most have a hard enough time just standing up, lol Its amazing the precision the pro's can attain. Fabolous game, plus what other sport does it pay to loose!! Winners buy the beer after the game! Plus you can bring your beer out into the sheet, and it stays cold!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

curling is just a strange c\game but i like the emotions and the down to earth folks who play....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

well I belive in an upcoming Playboy edition, they are having women of curling!! I forgot the two mentioned from canada!! I'm hoping they will have a great write up!! heheh

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Love curling!! Have curled for yrs, but living down in DC I have not had a chance yet. Maybe next yr, depends on the wifes work schedule. Its amazing how many people think curling is not hard, or you don't get much of a work out, THAT is until the try it!! Most have a hard enough time just standing up, lol Its amazing the precision the pro's can attain. Fabolous game, plus what other sport does it pay to loose!! Winners buy the beer after the game! Plus you can bring your beer out into the sheet, and it stays cold!!

You're right, Flames. It is harder than it looks!! I have only played in funspeils over the past 10 years (for the Children's Hospital or the local hospital) but the next day my body would be aching from muscles I don't normally use :crying: And what a fun game it is!!!! And like you said it doesn't hurt to lose because you know you're gonna get a free drink :yes: And your beer does stay cold :thumbs:

All in all, what a great game it was yesterday!! Gotta be proud.............{{{{{HUGS}}}}

March 24 - Medical

Timeline
:thumbs: yay to the newfies! They Rawk on and off the ice. :yes:

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT