Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Hi,

I attached the photos to the form, will this harm my application ?

No. My husband did the same. All that happened is he got a confused look by the robotic lady at window one because it was messing up her routine I guess. She didn't need any extra copies not attached.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Help, I'm trying to remain calm, but Julian can't find his original divorce decree.Now that I arrived back to my place tonight, it seems I have it. I thought he said he had extras, but apparently, I have the only one and I'm 3000 miles away. If he can get one tomorrow up in London, he will, but if not, what do we do? Show up to interview (Thursday at 8:30AM) without and hope for the best? Will we be denied? Or just put in AP? Any thoughts would help. I think he's just planning on going up tomorrow and trying to get one.

Alas! headbonk.gif

Help, I'm trying to remain calm, but Julian can't find his original divorce decree.Now that I arrived back to my place tonight, it seems I have it. I thought he said he had extras, but apparently, I have the only one and I'm 3000 miles away. If he can get one tomorrow up in London, he will, but if not, what do we do? Show up to interview (Thursday at 8:30AM) without and hope for the best? Will we be denied? Or just put in AP? Any thoughts would help. I think he's just planning on going up tomorrow and trying to get one.

Alas! headbonk.gif

If he can't get one from the court that issued it, then take a photocopy. You scan and email. He prints. That way they see it. But when things are missing, he gets a paper saying what is lacking for approval. When he gets it from you by mail or the court, he sends it to London. He contacts the embassy courier for a pickup at his home. He pays for a round trip so to speak. They deliver his decree and passport to the embassy (and anything else he might have missed.) The visa is issued and everything is delivered back to him.

Not denied. Only delayed.

Make a really good scan and color print and they may not notice it's not original. Wouldn't that be lucky?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

If he can't get one from the court that issued it, then take a photocopy. You scan and email. He prints. That way they see it. But when things are missing, he gets a paper saying what is lacking for approval. When he gets it from you by mail or the court, he sends it to London. He contacts the embassy courier for a pickup at his home. He pays for a round trip so to speak. They deliver his decree and passport to the embassy (and anything else he might have missed.) The visa is issued and everything is delivered back to him.

Not denied. Only delayed.

Make a really good scan and color print and they may not notice it's not original. Wouldn't that be lucky?

Thanks so much, we will try that with fingers crossed!!

whistling.gif

May i ask why we dont need to fill out part 2 on the ds230 ? it feels weird seeing all of the tick boxes and entry fields but leaving the blank, will these be completed at a later date or are they just not relevant ?

May i ask why we dont need to fill out part 2 on the ds230 ? it feels weird seeing all of the tick boxes and entry fields but leaving the blank, will these be completed at a later date or are they just not relevant ?

Because it's not required. See the Embassy page for which DS forms are needed: http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Step One

Complete the Form DS-230-Part 1, Form DS-156 and DS-157 for each family member applying for a visa. In addition, the principal applicant is also required to complete form DS-156K. Note: Forms DS-156 and DS-157 must be completed in duplicate. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A. The completed form(s) should be mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Just had a Skype chat with my fiancé to get more details on his interview experience. I will write up a full review soon, but wanted to post a few items since there are a number of folks with interviews in the near future.

In the interview letter, they asked him to bring the DS-156, 157 and 156k forms, even though those were already mailed in. He had copies of all of those plus the DS-230, which wasn't mentioned in the letter. However, when he went to the first window, he was asked for all of those DS forms, including the DS-230. So, make sure you have copies of all of the DS forms submitted and bring at least one additional set of copies just in case.

The woman at the first window, who happened to be from my birth state of Maryland no less, said that if the petitioner pays the visa fee, that the MRV receipt should be attached to the I-134 documentation. Not sure if anyone else has heard of that previously, but figured it would be worth mentioning.

The CO who conducted the interview didn't ask to see any proof of relationship/proof of ongoing relationship items.

Questions asked:

How did you come into contact with [LeftCoastLady]?

When did you first meet in real life? (We met through a blog/news website as commenters.)

Were you in a relationship after that?

What do you think brought you two together as a couple? (Shared pulmonary embolisms...no, really.)

Have you seen [LeftCoastLady] this year?

How do you stay in touch? (Again, the CO just asked the question, but did not ask for any print-outs of Skype logs, etc.)

Although my fiancé's police certificate came back clean, he did have an old arrest (over 20 years ago for being a drunk punk/mouthing off, but no fighting or anything like that) which he noted on the DS-230. He was asked about why he put down why he'd been arrested and if he'd been arrested anywhere else since. (He hasn't.)

What do you plan on doing job-wise in the US?

He was asked about my family and if he's met them.

How long has [LeftCoastLady] been in Portland?

What are the plans for the wedding?

Has [LeftCoastLady] ever been married? Does she have any kids?

How much money does [LeftCoastLady] earn? What does she do for a living?

After telling my fiancé he was approved, the CO said, "I think you'll like it, I'm from Oregon." :D

Edited by LeftCoastLady

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Don't worry about the blanks because you just throw away page 3&4 and mail in page 1&2.

DS-230 part 2 (page 3&4) is for full blown immigrant who will be permanent residents the day they enter the US. Your K1 is a non -immigrant visa and you will have to apply for permanent residency after marriage.. It's kind of a hybrid because the intent is to immigrate and become a permanent resident and it's processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit. But it's non-immigrant. Your DS-156 and DS-156K are sorta the fiancé version of DS-230 Part 2.

And congratulations to Left Coast Lady!!

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

As mentioned previously, I had my medical on 11th October, and also sent all my DS forms to the Embassy on this date too. I am yet to hear anything from the Embassy in regards to an interview date.

How long have you guys had to wait to get the date?

May 20th 2011 - Meet in Chicago through mutual friends.
May 28th 2011 - Start relationship.
Feb 26th 2012 - Engaged!

K-1 JOURNEY
Filed I-129F - Jun 20th 2012
Approved - Dec 12th 2012
Total - 170 days

POE - Jan 20th 2013 Chicago
Married - Feb 26th 2013

AOS JOURNEY
Post AOS, AP, EAD - Mar 4th 2013
I-797C for all 3 - Mar 11th
Biometrics - Apr 4th 2013

AP + EAD Approved - May 10th 2013 (60 days)

Green Card - October 4th 2013

Our medical and forms were sent in around September 12th and logged September 20th. We just got our interview date yesterday, but I'm pretty sure our time frame was not normal. The guy at the London Consulate told my fiancé that there is about a 3 week average waiting time after your packet is logged to get an interview assigned. Who knows, everyone's timelines seem to be different :)

As mentioned previously, I had my medical on 11th October, and also sent all my DS forms to the Embassy on this date too. I am yet to hear anything from the Embassy in regards to an interview date.

How long have you guys had to wait to get the date?

Our K-1 Journey

3/22/2012 - Sent I-129F Packet

3/28/2012 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

4/2/2012- NOA1 Hard copy received

8/2/2012-RFE

8/16/2012-NOA2

9/08/2012- Packet 3 received

9/10/2012- Packet 3 sent

9/12/2012-Medical

9/20/2012- Packet 3 logged in London

10/24/2012-Packet 4 received

10/31/2012-Interview! (8:30 AM)-APPROVED!!

11/14/2012-POE Chicago

12/07/2012- Got married!!

Our AOS Journey

12/29/2012-Sent I-485 and I-765

01/04/2013-NOA1 for I-485 and I-765

02/01/2013-Biometrics Apt.

02/28/2013- EAD approval

03/08/2013- EAD card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My fiancees medical was september 11th ...our forms were sent in with DS 2001 on september 20th...we received interview date on oct 5th for october 25th... My Fiancee is at interview as I am typing this (october 25th at 8 am)..... So it can be pretty quick!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My interview is the 5th November at 8am.

Having read this thread many times I've read about tax details.

My fiancée in the usa has only been working six months and never filled taxes.

We have letter of employments, pay slips, is there anything else I would need from her to provide more details.

Thanks in advance

I-129F Sent: 22-02-2012

I-129F NOA1: 24-02-2012

Probably a pointless question, but on the D-156 questions 2,3, 4 and 5 have got e stumped already, is it asking for the embassy i will be visiting, or the place which issued the NOA2, also the issuance and expirations date, is this the dates on the NOA2 ?

Probably a pointless question, but on the D-156 questions 2,3, 4 and 5 have got e stumped already, is it asking for the embassy i will be visiting, or the place which issued the NOA2, also the issuance and expirations date, is this the dates on the NOA2 ?

Questions #2-5 are about your passport. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Coming Soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.