Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First off. There is not actually a wage level or percentage over poverty level set in law for a non-immigrant visa which k1 is. The things thrown about are the rules for an I-864 Affidavit of Support. You will have to do one of those for Adjustment of Status so looking to reach those standards is a good thing. But for the visa you have to convince the officer that Paul will not become a public charge prior to getting a greencard and job. DOS notes often say 100% is a good standard to look for.

so I don't have any tax returns, how do I prove my yearly income? Or even come up with my yearly income?

Again, the tax return requirement in not written into I-134 requirements and London will approve without one. Do you get a paycheck? Can you look at that paycheck and figure out what you would have if you added up a year's worth of that paycheck (before taxes are held out)? That's your current yearly income. Some people are paid monthly or bi-weekly or twice a month or hourly and the hours differ each week. Get out pencil, paper, and a calculator and use your scenario to come up with a yearly income based on your paychecks.

The American embassy has no use for a UK tax return really. He can show how much he has in the bank. Have you tried to think about how a total stranger would know what he does, and how much in US dollars he will make, and how it will be possible to continue in the US? Is there somebody than can attest to that in writing like the person who pays him the money? Can he legally do that work once in the US, even without work authorization or greencard? Build a case to show them some hard evidence of how and how much....something other than his own word for it.

Your right, I should have asked the question in an AOS thread because I guess I was intending the answers to be about it. I just like talking to you guys here :P Thank you for your answers though! :D

Louise

K-1 PROCESS

I-129F SENT...................................MAR 27, 2012
I-129F RECEIVED.........................MAR 29, 2012
NOA1...............................................APR 2, 2012
I-129F RFE......................................AUG 15, 2012
SENT RFE RESPONSE...............SEP 1, 2012
I-129F PETITION APPROVED....SEP 13, 2012
NOA2 HARD COPY......................SEP 17, 2012
PACKET 3 RECEIVED.................OCT 3, 2012 (Called DOS, London Logged Case)
PACKET 3 SENT...........................OCT 4, 2012
MEDICAL.........................................OCT 9, 2012
READINESS SENT.......................OCT 12, 2012
INTERVIEW LETTER.....................NOV 20, 2012 (First one sent on NOV 15th)
INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!
POE.................................................DEC 7,2012
MARRIED........................................DEC 11, 2012
GOT MARRIAGE CERT................JAN 17, 2013

AOS PROCESS

AOS PACKET SENT.....................FEB 25, 2013

NOA1...............................................FEB 4, 2013

BIOMETRIC APT...........................MAR 25, 2013

INTERVIEW LETTER....................APR 11, 2013

AOS INTERVIEW...........................MAY 17, 2013

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.............JUN 6, 2013

Hi,

This might be the wrong place to post but I have a question about Form DS-157.

I wanted to look over all the forms and for Q9 it states list all countries you've entered in the last 10years.

I have quite a few places as I've traveled alot but would prefer not to use an extra sheet (lol I like things neat and all together). When putting "United States" can I write as "US" or "USA" or does it have to be "The United States of America" etc.

What did everyone else put??

In this process, it's better to be thorough than simply neat. If you can't fit it all in the space provided, plan on using a separate sheet that's clearly labeled. We used US for the country.

Hi,

This might be the wrong place to post but I have a question about Form DS-157.

I wanted to look over all the forms and for Q9 it states list all countries you've entered in the last 10years.

I have quite a few places as I've traveled alot but would prefer not to use an extra sheet (lol I like things neat and all together). When putting "United States" can I write as "US" or "USA" or does it have to be "The United States of America" etc.

What did everyone else put??

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

In this process, it's better to be thorough than simply neat. If you can't fit it all in the space provided, plan on using a separate sheet that's clearly labeled. We used US for the country.

I was definitely going to be thorough but there are just so many countries I have entered I wondered if by using US I save a little bit of space :)

Just worried they wouldn't accept it but thanks for letting me know

I was definitely going to be thorough but there are just so many countries I have entered I wondered if by using US I save a little bit of space :)

Just worried they wouldn't accept it but thanks for letting me know

I was with a touring band for 4.5 years - I had to use 1.5 pieces of A4 paper for this!

May 20th 2011 - Meet in Chicago through mutual friends.
May 28th 2011 - Start relationship.
Feb 26th 2012 - Engaged!

K-1 JOURNEY
Filed I-129F - Jun 20th 2012
Approved - Dec 12th 2012
Total - 170 days

POE - Jan 20th 2013 Chicago
Married - Feb 26th 2013

AOS JOURNEY
Post AOS, AP, EAD - Mar 4th 2013
I-797C for all 3 - Mar 11th
Biometrics - Apr 4th 2013

AP + EAD Approved - May 10th 2013 (60 days)

Green Card - October 4th 2013

I was with a touring band for 4.5 years - I had to use 1.5 pieces of A4 paper for this!

Haha OMG now I feel like I've hardly traveled. How did you even remember them all!! Bet it was fun though :)

How long does it take to get a response from the embassy after sending off all of the forms?

Wondering if I should call and make sure they've received it. Medical and everything else is done.

3-4 weeks after the last thing is in. They may not take it out of the mail pile for 3-4 weeks so won't even know they have it. Calling the embassy costs money and unless there is a major problem, they don't really want to hold your hand and tell you where your papers are, so you get very little from them. If 4 weeks have passed since the forms, medical results, and readiness form were received, then call DOS in the US and ask your questions. Or have the fiancé call. DOS doesn't charge to answer the phone.

DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

i should take your advice nich-nick and not call the DOS. It only leads to more frustration.

I don't know what I expected them to say. Certainly not that we have an interview :rofl:

We are just at 4 weeks since submitting everything. I know I need to take a chill pill but after 366 days I can't do it anymore!!!!!

Has anyone else been scheduled an interview that submitted there complete case to the embassy in October?

please someone help me find the ability to cope with constant disappointment... aaahhh

i should take your advice nich-nick and not call the DOS. It only leads to more frustration.

I don't know what I expected them to say. Certainly not that we have an interview :rofl:

We are just at 4 weeks since submitting everything. I know I need to take a chill pill but after 366 days I can't do it anymore!!!!!

Has anyone else been scheduled an interview that submitted there complete case to the embassy in October?

please someone help me find the ability to cope with constant disappointment... aaahhh

Don't call every day. You'll just be disappointed every day. One day they will tell you there is an interview, but one day you'll also get a letter. Before that, there is nothing much to tell you.

Yes, that's a teribbly long wait, but calling every day doesn't speed it up. Everybody has to do what works for them. I was able to give up obsessing prior to the NOA2 because I could see I was becoming an annoying nut case. I was moody and not much fun for my fiancé to talk to. So I told myself that I would not log on to USCIS except once a week. Then I got on with life. After that I was better. I didn't worry about the embassy. I never checked USCIS waiting for AOS except for every 2 months or so and even forgot my password. USCIS sends an email to let you know if there is a change, so logging in is an obsession I didn't need. Same with the next stuff down the line. I was a happier person, but only you can force your self to back off enough so it doesn't consume you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I think I've mucked up but I need some advice.

As CSC was speeding up, I had expected to have received our NOA2 by now - but we haven't and the estimated dates for CSC approval keep moving backwards and forwards.

So. My issue is that I have booked a flight to the US on 1 Dec and don't return until 12 Jan. I had hoped that I would have been able to have the medical before I flew off but I can't do that without the Case Number. And then sent a note to the US Embassy with the paperwork to ask them if I could have an interview after 13 Jan. But the US Embassy won't allocate an interview until they have the medical results. Argh! My fiance and I have all the paperwork needed for when we do have the NOA2 - he has his tax transcripts, I have everything else including the Police Certificate and up to date vaccinations. Is there anything I can do or have I just put a 6 week delay in our whole process?

Timeline

Okay quick question. I know that it says it takes 7-10 business days to get your pasport back with your visa in it, but is there ANY way you can pay more or choose another mailing option and get it sent back faster? I keep looking in search but I'm not finding any answers, I did find a thread that talks about how long it took everyone and people mostly said 7 days one person said 5 but anyways just wondering because we got our interview date today!! for the 13th and we'd like him to be out here before christmas because we wanted to get married before christmas, and we don't mind a fast wedding but it would be nice if it didn't have to happen on the 24th lol

To sum it up I guess I'm asking what does the form you fill out for the mail look like? is there only one option? can you pay like 500 USD more to get it faster?

Thanks everyone!

K-1 PROCESS

INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!

AOS PROCESS

Not really much you can do until you receive the petition approval. With November and December being riddled with holidays, I suspect you may have encountered delays even if you were still in the UK during that time period. Assuming your petition approval notice arrives by the end of November, you'd be waiting a few weeks for it to get to and through the NVC. If that does occur while you're in the US and you get the LND#, you can call Knightsbridge and get the exam scheduled for after you return.

I think I've mucked up but I need some advice.

As CSC was speeding up, I had expected to have received our NOA2 by now - but we haven't and the estimated dates for CSC approval keep moving backwards and forwards.

So. My issue is that I have booked a flight to the US on 1 Dec and don't return until 12 Jan. I had hoped that I would have been able to have the medical before I flew off but I can't do that without the Case Number. And then sent a note to the US Embassy with the paperwork to ask them if I could have an interview after 13 Jan. But the US Embassy won't allocate an interview until they have the medical results. Argh! My fiance and I have all the paperwork needed for when we do have the NOA2 - he has his tax transcripts, I have everything else including the Police Certificate and up to date vaccinations. Is there anything I can do or have I just put a 6 week delay in our whole process?

When the visa is ready for delivery is dependent on the embassy. DX Secure Courier is the only option for delivery. You can pay extra to have it delivered before noon, but that's still dependent on when the visa is ready at the embassy.

Okay quick question. I know that it says it takes 7-10 business days to get your pasport back with your visa in it, but is there ANY way you can pay more or choose another mailing option and get it sent back faster? I keep looking in search but I'm not finding any answers, I did find a thread that talks about how long it took everyone and people mostly said 7 days one person said 5 but anyways just wondering because we got our interview date today!! for the 13th and we'd like him to be out here before christmas because we wanted to get married before christmas, and we don't mind a fast wedding but it would be nice if it didn't have to happen on the 24th lol

To sum it up I guess I'm asking what does the form you fill out for the mail look like? is there only one option? can you pay like 500 USD more to get it faster?

Thanks everyone!

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

When the visa is ready for delivery is dependent on the embassy. DX Secure Courier is the only option for delivery. You can pay extra to have it delivered before noon, but that's still dependent on when the visa is ready at the embassy.

Oh right I wasn't sure if there were like pay this for this rate and pay that for that rate - so theres no expedited service?

Thank you so much for responding so quickly!

Louise

K-1 PROCESS

VISA APPROVED!!

AOS PROCESS

Oh right I wasn't sure if there were like pay this for this rate and pay that for that rate - so theres no expedited service?

Thank you so much for responding so quickly!

Louise

The expedited option is the delivery before noon by DX, but again, DX can't tell you when the visa will be delivered until the embassy tells them it's ready for pick-up.

Coming Soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.