Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My fiance received a letter from london embassy and on the letter it says we have received your approved petition and a link is provided for all forms. We both are confused at this point because on the letter it also states at any circumstances do not submit any forms to them until they ask us too. Will they send us the actual copies for the visa forms or should we just go to the link and fill all forms and send it to the london embassy along with other evidence? Thanks

Timeline

I want to clarify about the Police Certificate. At the medical you obviously bring the original and a color photo copy, for the medical do you bring the original and a color photo copy? Will they keep the original? Paul only has one original and we're worried that at the medical they'll want to keep the original copy and we can't do that because its our only original. Has anyone just brought a copy of their police certificate?

Louise

K-1 PROCESS

I-129F SENT...................................MAR 27, 2012
I-129F RECEIVED.........................MAR 29, 2012
NOA1...............................................APR 2, 2012
I-129F RFE......................................AUG 15, 2012
SENT RFE RESPONSE...............SEP 1, 2012
I-129F PETITION APPROVED....SEP 13, 2012
NOA2 HARD COPY......................SEP 17, 2012
PACKET 3 RECEIVED.................OCT 3, 2012 (Called DOS, London Logged Case)
PACKET 3 SENT...........................OCT 4, 2012
MEDICAL.........................................OCT 9, 2012
READINESS SENT.......................OCT 12, 2012
INTERVIEW LETTER.....................NOV 20, 2012 (First one sent on NOV 15th)
INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!
POE.................................................DEC 7,2012
MARRIED........................................DEC 11, 2012
GOT MARRIAGE CERT................JAN 17, 2013

AOS PROCESS

AOS PACKET SENT.....................FEB 25, 2013

NOA1...............................................FEB 4, 2013

BIOMETRIC APT...........................MAR 25, 2013

INTERVIEW LETTER....................APR 11, 2013

AOS INTERVIEW...........................MAY 17, 2013

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.............JUN 6, 2013

Hi Everyone,

My fiance received a letter from london embassy and on the letter it says we have received your approved petition and a link is provided for all forms. We both are confused at this point because on the letter it also states at any circumstances do not submit any forms to them until they ask us too. Will they send us the actual copies for the visa forms or should we just go to the link and fill all forms and send it to the london embassy along with other evidence? Thanks

That letter (also referred to as Packet 3 letter) is them requesting your fiance to go to that link and download and fill out all the required forms and submit them to embassy in order to go forwards with the visa process. Also when sending the forms, do not send anything else with them - all evidence would be taken to your fiance's interview. If your fiance has all the required documentation needed for the interview, then your fiance has the option to submit the DS-2001 - Notification of readiness form and a covering letter at the same time.

I want to clarify about the Police Certificate. At the medical you obviously bring the original and a color photo copy, for the medical do you bring the original and a color photo copy? Will they keep the original? Paul only has one original and we're worried that at the medical they'll want to keep the original copy and we can't do that because its our only original. Has anyone just brought a copy of their police certificate?

Thanks

Louise

Yes your fiance will need to take his Police Certificate along with a colour copy to the medical. They take both but at the end they give the original back because it is also needed for the visa interview.

Removal of Conditions
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2015-11-14
NOA Date : 2015-11-16
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2015-12-21
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Louise

They just want to look at it so see if there's alcohol or drug related charges or pub brawls, etc to help determine the mental health /addiction component of the medical. A police report might give a clue to to some of those kinds of problems. They won't keep your only copy. I have seen reported that photocopies are acceptable in lieu of original. Just remind him not to leave his original with them.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi Everyone,

The letter says do not send any DOCUMENTS to the embassy. Your confusion is documents vs. forms.

Forms = DS-xxxx

Documents = birth certificate, police report, photographs, divorce decree, affidavit it of support.

Don't send any documents, even of the form says to attach. Take those to the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you so much for clearing that up!! :D

K-1 PROCESS

I-129F SENT...................................MAR 27, 2012
I-129F RECEIVED.........................MAR 29, 2012
NOA1...............................................APR 2, 2012
I-129F RFE......................................AUG 15, 2012
SENT RFE RESPONSE...............SEP 1, 2012
I-129F PETITION APPROVED....SEP 13, 2012
NOA2 HARD COPY......................SEP 17, 2012
PACKET 3 RECEIVED.................OCT 3, 2012 (Called DOS, London Logged Case)
PACKET 3 SENT...........................OCT 4, 2012
MEDICAL.........................................OCT 9, 2012
READINESS SENT.......................OCT 12, 2012
INTERVIEW LETTER.....................NOV 20, 2012 (First one sent on NOV 15th)
INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!
POE.................................................DEC 7,2012
MARRIED........................................DEC 11, 2012
GOT MARRIAGE CERT................JAN 17, 2013

AOS PROCESS

AOS PACKET SENT.....................FEB 25, 2013

NOA1...............................................FEB 4, 2013

BIOMETRIC APT...........................MAR 25, 2013

INTERVIEW LETTER....................APR 11, 2013

AOS INTERVIEW...........................MAY 17, 2013

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.............JUN 6, 2013

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. One more question the form 134 where does my fiance need to send it? To the embassy or to me? Thanks

That letter (also referred to as Packet 3 letter) is them requesting your fiance to go to that link and download and fill out all the required forms and submit them to embassy in order to go forwards with the visa process. Also when sending the forms, do not send anything else with them - all evidence would be taken to your fiance's interview. If your fiance has all the required documentation needed for the interview, then your fiance has the option to submit the DS-2001 - Notification of readiness form and a covering letter at the same time.

Yes your fiance will need to take his Police Certificate along with a colour copy to the medical. They take both but at the end they give the original back because it is also needed for the visa interview.

Thank you for your reply. One more question the form 134 where does my fiance need to send it? To the embassy or to me? Thanks

Your fiance would need to send it to you along with supporting evidence to show proof of income such as Tax return, pay checks, letter from employer, etc.. as you would take it to the embassy with you on the day of your interview.

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Hello all :) I'm sorry for this stupid question, for I know someone mentioned it before. But why does it say "...submitted in duplicate.." on the I-134 instruction sheet?? What is supposed to be duplicated having to do with the I-134? Please don't throw tomatoes... :blush:

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone... Embassy received my packet 3 on September 20th, 2012.. My Fiancee's interview date was just confirmed over the phone today by "Department of State" after the monday holiday for "Columbus Day" here in the states... It is scheduled for October 25th, 2012... She sent all of her required forms in together along with the DS-2001... her medical was completed and results received 4 days prior to embassy receiving our packet 3. I checked with DOS on Wednesday October 3rd for the first time and they said all of our forms were logged and we were eligible for an interview date. I waited until today to call, so the interview may have even been scheduled the day after my first phone call 5 days ago or so.

The only thing we did that may, or may not, have influenced the time frame is that we detailed on the cover letter my travel dates back to London on November 8th to hopefully help her pack and await her visa.

Hope this helps

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT MY VISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! 25TH OCT AT 9AM!!!!!!! THATS 2 WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, SO FREAKING HAPPY :D :D :D

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

congrats! my fiancee has hers on the 25th at 8 am!!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

congrats! my fiancee has hers on the 25th at 8 am!!

Thanks! :D and oO maybe i'll see her there.

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Timeline

The only thing we did that may, or may not, have influenced the time frame is that we detailed on the cover letter my travel dates back to London on November 8th to hopefully help her pack and await her visa.

I'm currently in London helping Laura pack. When arriving for this trip, the guy at UK Passport looked at my travel history and then asked me point blank if I had a girlfriend here. I coughed up the info that my fiancée is here... he got all suspicious until I told him she was moving to America on an approved visa. He asked why I was coming to London if she was moving to America, and I told him I was here to help her pack for the move. Then he stamped my passport and said "tell your fiancée I'm letting you in because us lovebirds have to stick together." Go figure!

[u][b]K-1 Visa Application for my Fiancée[/b][/u]
June 21, 2010 - We met for the first time
December 30, 2011 - Engaged!
February 10, 2012 - I-129F petition packet sent to Dallas Lockbox
February 13, 2012 - I-129F petition packet arrived at Dallas Lockbox
February 15, 2012 - NOA 1 - petition received
June 29, 2012 - NOA 2 - petition approved
July 27, 2012 - USCIS officially sent petition to NVC
July 30, 2012 - NVC received petition
August 1, 2012 - NVC assigned case number and petition sent from NVC to consulate
August 11, 2012 - Received "Packet 3" from Embassy
August 28, 2012 - All "Packet 3" documents (including DS2001) sent to Embassy
August 30, 2012 - Medical exam
September 17, 2012 - Date all forms logged as received at embassy according to DOS
September 19, 2012 - DOS gives us interview date over the phone
September 22, 2012 - Appointment letter arrived
October 3, 2012 - Interview at London Embassy
October 3, 2012 - [u][b]APPROVED!!!![/u][/b]
October 10, 2012 - Visa arrived via DX courier
October 25, 2012 - Laura moves to the US / POE at LAX

Timeline

I'm currently in London helping Laura pack. When arriving for this trip, the guy at UK Passport looked at my travel history and then asked me point blank if I had a girlfriend here. I coughed up the info that my fiancée is here... he got all suspicious until I told him she was moving to America on an approved visa. He asked why I was coming to London if she was moving to America, and I told him I was here to help her pack for the move. Then he stamped my passport and said "tell your fiancée I'm letting you in because us lovebirds have to stick together." Go figure!

Aw glad they were nice about it. When my fiance came over last, they asked him some questions too but then wished him luck with our application good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.