Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe if you search around DOS, you'll find that for the I-134 for a fiance it's 100%. So say she made $14,500. That's $630 short. A savings account of 3x$630 would make up the difference. It's all up to convincing the officer, but that may explain why I've read interviews of London where they approved the low earning fiances I-134 and handed back the other sponsor saying we don't need this. I recall a guy protested "but she doesn't earn enough" and they said "it's fine". Maybe she earned 100% and he was expecting her to need $125% so got another sponsor.

Now this is a whole new ballgame. Your NOA2 is not predicted until July. She starts a $30K job in May. Jackpot! Why are you bothering with a mother-sponsor?? She will fill out the I-134 in July -- "I am employed as a [new job title] at [new employer] and earn $30,000/yr. She can provide an employer letter and May-July payslips to prove that. Bingo! Done. You are still so intense and trying to get the cart before the horse? Stop and think about what is logical. You may not need her I-134 before September (interview), so she can scan and email additional pay slips to you until your interview.

day if you want to overload.

Thanks.

Like I said I only new about the job yesterday evening. I am visiting in 3 weeks and was planning on going through the I-134 with her mother while I was there so wanted to know the answer. There not computer people so its best to go through it face to face.

Perhaps I am being ####### but when myself and my fiance went to each of our familys and told them about our plans to get married and for me to move to another continent, giving up my job etc I showed them a 9 page document which outlined the K1 Process. After seeing it both of our familys really got behind us as they could see how serious we are.

It may have suited you, me and others to do the process step by step but from our familys it was very comforting to know that we knew what the hell we were doing and what the next 2-3 years would be for us.

K1

02/09/12 I-129F Sent
02/15/12 NOA1 Received
06/29/12 NOA2 - APPROVED (135 days No RFE's)
07/26/12 UK Medical
07/28/12 Packet 3 received
07/31/12 Visa Fee paid & Packet 3 Sent. (with DS-2001)
08/21/12 Packet 4 received
09/07/12 K1 Interview - APPROVED (205 days No RFE's)
09/13/12 Passport/Visa & Package Received
12/10/12 P.O.E in Las Vegas, NV
12/12/12 Got Marriage License
12/14/12 MARRIED

AOS

12/27/12 Applied for SSC
12/28/12 Received Marriage Certificate
12/28/12 Recieved Marriage Certificate
01/02/13 Received SSC
01/07/13 AOS Sent
01/10/13 NOA Received
02/07/13 Biometrics
03/11/13 EAD & AP Approved (63 days)
03/14/13 EAD & AP card received
03/27/13 AOS Interview - *Error with Medical Certificate*

05/23/13 US Medical

05/29/13 New Medical Certificate Sent

06/07/13 AOS Approved

06/12/13 Green Card Arrived

Timeline

I sent all the required forms to the embassy just a moment ago, bar the DS-2001.

I made a copy of everything and just noticed that there is a little space for the photo, after I'd already sent them.

As the letter says to send just the forms. I was unsure whether the photos go with me to the interview or I'm to send them?

I have the ability to resend these anyway if need be. Does anybody know?

Thank you

As the letter says to send just the forms. I was unsure whether the photos go with me to the interview or I'm to send them?

Preferred method: Take the photos to the interview and they will attach. Did you notice passport photos are on this list of things to bring to the interview?

If a new reader comes along and says "oh no! I attached mine and mailed them", not a dealbreaker. You don't have to take more to the interview. People have done this too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Preferred method: Take the photos to the interview and they will attach. Did you notice passport photos are on this list of things to bring to the interview?

If a new reader comes along and says "oh no! I attached mine and mailed them", not a dealbreaker. You don't have to take more to the interview. People have done this too.

Thank you so much for your reply! I didn't want it to hold up the process :) you've set me at ease.

Hi Guys,

I have a question. My petition is at the embassy and I'm awaiting the letter that says they now request the following paperwork.

Form DS-230 Part I and Part II

Form DS-156 (2 copies)

Form DS-157 (2 copies)

Form DS-156-K

I have these filled out and am awaiting my police certificate to book my medical exam.

Can you send these in first and then as soon as you go for the medical exam send in the DS2001?

I'm due to get married July 21st and ideally I would like to be in the States by the end of June.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you received your NOA2 yet?

I did exactly as Nich Nick suggests, got my medical date booked, sent off all of the D forms but not the checklist. Had my medical, gave it three days and then sent the checklist and cover letter off saying i was ready for interview (recorded delivery). Had my interview today and got approved so i would say thats the best order for London :o)

Petition sent: 21.10.11

NOA1: 24.10.11

NOA2: 18.01.12

Package 3 arrived: 01.02.12

Medical: 16.03.12

Package 3 sent: 22.03.12

Package 4 arrived: 07.04.12

Interview date: 24.04.12

Timeline

Have you received your NOA2 yet?

I did exactly as Nich Nick suggests, got my medical date booked, sent off all of the D forms but not the checklist. Had my medical, gave it three days and then sent the checklist and cover letter off saying i was ready for interview (recorded delivery). Had my interview today and got approved so i would say thats the best order for London :o)

Yes I had it a while ago, I've sent all my forms also and now just waiting to book the medical.

Congratulations on the approval, how did the interview go!?

I noticed you said about sending the Ds2001 after the medical .... I sent mine with all forms I was ready... do you think i should send another copy to make sure they discovered it and its not buried in the paperwork file?

th_st-georges-day-flag.jpg

K1 visa - 10/25/2011 - 7 months 2 days

Married - 06/26/2012

AOS - 07/31/2012 - 2months 18 days

Process from filing 129-f to AOS approval 349 Days

Timeline

WOW.....just read all the way through this forum for the first time and I have got to say that I am really really impressed.

I am officially, 100%, only using this site for my visa inquiries from now on. People seem so much more friendlier and willing to help on here than they do on "some other" immigration forums.

There are, however, a couple of things I need to ask to check for my understanding and to assist me with how things are developing in my application.

Firstly on 26/04/2012 it was posted on the USCIS Website, alongside our reference number, that our petition had been approved. I was wondering how long I can expect to wait (impatience I know!!!)to receive the the official confirmation in the mail and package 3 where I can then send off my DS forms?

The rest of my queries are:

- I only have to send off the DS-230(part I), 156, 156k & 157 forms (alongside "additional info" sections where there was not enough room on the original form, all signed and dated to match relevant forms) in the first instance once they are complete so that my file can begin to be processed and around the same time get my Medical Booked? Obviously making copies in case of "lost" paperwork etc and where copies are requested to be sent etc.

- Once I have had my medical AND have the relevant documentation required for my interview I send off the DS-2001 with a cover letter?

- In this "Cover Letter" I need to mention; Wedding Date, Medical Date, Email Address. Also on this cover letter could I mention (as due to my current employ I work shifts and due to having agreed to a career break and a trip to the USA coming up in MAY I do not have anymore Annual Leave) possible dates to avoid or dates that are preferable for the interview? What would be the best way of doing this given my situation with work?

- In addition for the "Cover Letter". Regarding the "Wedding Date" myself and Megan are getting married (all booked and paid for) on September 15th with guests and the like, with a ceremony. But are looking at, if I arrive in the USA early enough, possibly getting married at a court beforehand to "speed up" the AOS process etc. With HONESTY being very key with these interviews, I am looking at mentioning this, does anyone think this would be a problem?

- I will then receive, at some point, an interview letter with a date and time around one month before this appointment.

- Upon attendance at the Embassy for this interview I will need to take only the following (plus on photocopy - minus photo's and passport):

Affidavit of Support (From Megan)

2 x US Passport Photo's

Birth Certificate

Passport

Police Certificate

VISA Fee Receipt

- Based on this list is there anything that I have missed out or that I should make sure I have ready and take with me for "back up"?

Sorry for the big entry but any info would be appreciated.

Thank You

Firstly on 26/04/2012 it was posted on the USCIS Website, alongside our reference number, that our petition had been approved. I was wondering how long I can expect to wait (impatience I know!!!)to receive the the official confirmation in the mail and package 3 where I can then send off my DS forms?

Well, you got your NOA 2 so it has to go through the NVC and it seems it is about a 2-3 week track till you will get your "package 3" which is more of an email or letter about where you can download the forms you listed below.

The rest of my queries are:

- I only have to send off the DS-230(part I), 156, 156k & 157 forms (alongside "additional info" sections where there was not enough room on the original form, all signed and dated to match relevant forms) in the first instance once they are complete so that my file can begin to be processed and around the same time get my Medical Booked? Obviously making copies in case of "lost" paperwork etc and where copies are requested to be sent etc.

Yes, you can look on the London Embassy site to see what they require, Jodie sent her forms in after she had her medical. Don't forget your police certificate, you have to take it to the medical.

- Once I have had my medical AND have the relevant documentation required for my interview I send off the DS-2001 with a cover letter?

By having her medical done first it was all sent in one pack and we didn't have a cover letter.

- In this "Cover Letter" I need to mention; Wedding Date, Medical Date, Email Address. Also on this cover letter could I mention (as due to my current employ I work shifts and due to having agreed to a career break and a trip to the USA coming up in MAY I do not have anymore Annual Leave) possible dates to avoid or dates that are preferable for the interview? What would be the best way of doing this given my situation with work?

Not sure if they will use your work schedule to your advantage. As I suggested to Jodie many times, screw it, your close, call in sick and go to your interview. Lucky for us she did have leave days. I always said, you're going to get your visa, what are they gonna do? Fire You?

- In addition for the "Cover Letter". Regarding the "Wedding Date" myself and Megan are getting married (all booked and paid for) on September 15th with guests and the like, with a ceremony. But are looking at, if I arrive in the USA early enough, possibly getting married at a court beforehand to "speed up" the AOS process etc. With HONESTY being very key with these interviews, I am looking at mentioning this, does anyone think this would be a problem?

Again, we didn't have a cover letter and our interview was about a month after they got our packet, others have had less wait for an interview due to what they put in letter, or they just got lucky, who knows. Just know that your interview doesn't mean you can run off, the delivery of your passport can take 10 working days.

- I will then receive, at some point, an interview letter with a date and time around one month before this appointment.

yes, horray. You or your soon to be spouse will have to call and pay the visa fee for the interview. Good news is that is now a bit cheaper. I be dammed if the change didn't go into effect like a couple days before her interview. After you pay that (Dan put the numbers to call somewhere in this thread) they will send you an email with the receipt fee with the bar code. If it goes to the US citizen they can just forward the email, it is a PDF. Don't worry how it says the cardholder has to sign it, we did both and somehow they didn't even ask her to see it before they let her in. *note most people are asked for it to get into the embassy.

- Upon attendance at the Embassy for this interview I will need to take only the following (plus on photocopy - minus photo's and passport):

Affidavit of Support (From Megan)

2 x US Passport Photo's

Birth Certificate

Passport

Police Certificate

VISA Fee Receipt

I also sent my IRS transcripts plus my W2's form this year since I hadn't filed taxes yet. They took my W2's from this year along with my employment letter along with the Affidvit of support, they did it at the first window she had to go to. You may want to have some backup to prove the Aff of Support

- Based on this list is there anything that I have missed out or that I should make sure I have ready and take with me for "back up"?

See above, she took alot of pics and skype call logs but once they had my support letter and my employment letter and W2's they didn't ask for anything else.

Sorry for the big entry but any info would be appreciated.

Thank You

Good luck on your upcoming interview

8/31/2011 I-129f sent... Come on...no whammies

9/8/11 NOA1

1/5/12 NOA2 whammies averted Just follow the guides people, it isn't rocket science

2/27/12 Medical

3/6/12 Packet 3 sent

3/17/12 Packet 4 received

4/17/12 Interview ------- Approved

5/9/12 POE Atlanta... then off to Austin

5/26/12 Married

6/5/12 applied SS# 6/11/12 received SS#

7/17/12 AOS filed I485 I131 I765

09/18/12 - EAD/AP approved

09/26/12 - EAD/AP Card delivered

03/07/13 - AOS Approved, No interview, No RFEs

03/15/13 - Greencard received

01/17/15 - filed for 10 year greencard

09/15/15 - 10 year green card recieved, no interview.........again

Timeline

I noticed you said about sending the Ds2001 after the medical .... I sent mine with all forms I was ready... do you think i should send another copy to make sure they discovered it and its not buried in the paperwork file?

The DS2001 is the letter that you must send once you have all the required documents gathered. It is the 'ready for interview' form. You must have already had your medical exam to send this, and the embassy have your results.

So yeah, resend once you've had your medical exam and have all the bits and pieces that you need for interview.

I believe you get an interview around a month after the embassy has the medical results and you've sent the DS2001. I will be sending mine next week, I have my medical on Friday.

Good luck :)

Timeline

Any information on how long London usually takes to mail out the passports? My interview was on Wednesday 25th (K1). I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but I obviously want to book my flight as soon as possible. Any experience would be greatly received. Thanks

Any information on how long London usually takes to mail out the passports? My interview was on Wednesday 25th (K1). I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but I obviously want to book my flight as soon as possible. Any experience would be greatly received. Thanks

I received my passport and package back a week to the day after my interview and it may have taken slightly longer as I live in Northern Ireland.

Timeline

I received my passport and package back a week to the day after my interview and it may have taken slightly longer as I live in Northern Ireland.

Ok Thanks. Maybe I'll check it tomorrow. I keep typing in my Tracking number and post code and it keeps saying "Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again." I'm guessing that means it hasn't been mailed yet... I hope that's what it means and not that I have the wrong tracking number ohmy.gif

Aaaagghhh even when I'm this close I'm impatient!! Haha

Pasting my answer from same question previously in this thread--

People get their visas back usually in 3-5 days but some take longer if there's a weekend or you live somewhere remote. And some not born in the UK get additional processing after the interview which could take weeks to months. Most can count on a speedy delivery but I wouldn't book tickets before the visa is in hand. Stuff happens. And this is probably getting to be busy season where all the student and tourist visas are being sought so they have lots to issue.

My personal experience--Interview on a Wednesday. Computers were down at the embassy so delayed final security check and printing of visa until Friday (DOS gave me that info of day printed). Was scheduled to be delivered Monday, but the truck broke down so quit deliveries for the day. Got visa on Tuesday. Stuff happens.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.