didopage

Updates ideas about K-1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello!

This is my first topic in this part of the forum, so I don't know if my ideas are new or no. :)

I noticed a lot of people ask about which Service Center address to put in the Cover Letter and Letter of intent for the K-1 petition. On VJ examples, that's what it is advised to write, put I have the impression that these examples are getting old and refer from a time where I-129F petitions had to be mailed directly to a Service Center, not to the Texas lockbox as it is stated in the actual USCIS instructions.

Would it be possible to update those 2 examples?

Also, and around the same subject, A LOT of people put Texas Service Center in their timeline and profile while they filed for a K-1. As we all know, only California and Vermont Service Centers process I-129F petitions (Texas did in the past, but doesn't anymore). While this mistake can be explained by either misleading the Texas lockbox where they mailed their petition and TSC, there's can also be another explanation: the "outdated" (again, I think) informations on the VJ timelime editing page. It is stated:

"Service Center:

List ORIGINAL filing location; even if

petition transferred

[*]for K-1 Applicants where you filed your I-129F

[*]for K-3, IR-1, and CR-1 Applicants where your

I-130 was processed (if filed at the Chicago Lockbox

they will transfer the petition to the correct Service

Center and mail you a notice stating where it was sent)"

I guess again this refers to a time where petitioners had to mail their package directly to a Service Center (for K-1).

Would it be possible to update this page and write something like "for K-1 Applicants where your I-129F was processed (after filed at the Texas Lockbox, they will transfer the petition to the correct Service Center and mail you a notice stating where it was sent -> California or Vermont)"?

This last one is quite important I think, as A LOT of people mention TSC as their Service Center, while these people are either at California or Vermont. There're still these TSC data with estimated processing times which doesn't really mean anything… Having members choosing between either California or Vermont in their timeline would 1/ Improve the stats on processing times 2/ Stop them to think their file is at TSC.

That's all, I hope someone taking care of the website will see my post. :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I guess, they might sound old to you, but they are still accurate. We have filed our K1 petition (I-129F) at Texas Service Center lastt June 2011, that's first touch. Then, they forwarded it to CSC for adjudication.

You might want to browse USCIS website, and see if there are any changes. We would appreciate if you would share that to us all. Cheers!

Timeline

I guess, they might sound old to you, but they are still accurate. We have filed our K1 petition (I-129F) at Texas Service Center lastt June 2011, that's first touch. Then, they forwarded it to CSC for adjudication.

You might want to browse USCIS website, and see if there are any changes. We would appreciate if you would share that to us all. Cheers!

No, you didn't file your petition at the TSC. Texas lockbox and TSC are 2 different places. Everybody send their petition to the Texas lockbox, and then it's forwarded to CSC or VSC. Please re-read my post and you will understand. ;)

Edited by didopage

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

My idea is that updating those examples would help new filers, so that they don't wonder why is it written "Service Center address"… Just correct and write the Texas lockbox address would be more accurate, and we would not have all those members asking "why is it written that?? which service center address do I put? I live in Florida so do I write the Vermont SC address??"

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Please take a look now and let me know if my revisions help to clarify things. :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Hello Captain Ewok, thanks for looking at my topic. :)

For the letter of intent and cover letter, yes, it's less confusing now.

I see the timeline editing page didn't change. What do you think about my idea? I suggested to update the Service Center part, and write something like "for K-1 Applicants where your I-129F was processed (after filed at the Texas Lockbox, they will transfer the petition to the appropriate Service Center and mail you a notice stating where it was sent -> California or Vermont)". And I would also add that "List ORIGINAL filing location; even if petition transferred" should be removed…I guess that was in the case where petitions sent to a SC were transferred to another SC. Right now, the "filing location" is not a SC anymore, but the Dallas lockbox, so it doesn't make sense to keep this part. :)

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

I plan to make that edit later today with a few others. I will let you know when that happens.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

The timeline page has been revised to make more clear :). Thanks again!

Timeline

Great!! People should be less confused now. Thanks Captain Ewok! :)

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...