danver

How to request IRS transcript

23 posts in this topic

I will be filing N400 end of Feb and here is what I will be sending in:

1. Money order for $680

$595 + $85 biometric fee

2. Completed, signed and dated N-400 application form

3. Photocopy of both sides of permanent resident card

4. Two identical color passport size photographs(name in pen at back)

5. Copy of hubby's birth certificate

6. Copy of my birth certificate

7. Copy of hubby's current passport(inside of front cover and signature page)

8. Copy of current marriage certificate

9. Copy of our daughter's birth certificate

10. Copy of IRS tax transcripts OR tax returns (2009,2010 and 2011)

11. copy of rental agreement

12. copy of insurance policies (car and renters)

this is just for me personally, and whatever I send in I will bring in to the interview UNLESS they specically tell me what to bring in BUT I will still bring in JUST IN CASE, if you know what I mean.

Thank u so very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

I didn't send in the w2's, not even the whole return. I just send in the 1040 like I also did with my AOS and that never was any problem either so I doubt this would be :)

Yeah you need that one too, both back and front :)

Looks good to me, I have filed about the same and will do the same as well :)

Regarding Birth Certificate of USC and marriage Certificate and child Birth Certificate, can we send in copies or do they have to be the originals? Now being that I'm the one applying under the 3 years married to USC rule I don't have to send in my BC again, do I? I don't see it in the document list...

My timeline ...

AOS 2008

10/27/2008: Sent I-130,-485 and -765.

10/29/2008: USPS delivery confirmation.

11/04/2008: Notice Date.

11/06/2008: NOA for I-130,-485 and -765.

11/13/2008: Biometrics Appointment letter.

11/14/2008:cases online. I-130 and -765.

11/18/2008: I-485 case is online.

11/20/2008: Received RFE.

11/29/2008: Biometric Done.

12/14/2008: Sent response to RFE.

12/18/2008: NOA on RFE.

01/07/2009: Response for I-765: Current Status: Card production ordered.

01/17/2009: Received EAD in the mail

01/26/2009: Interview Notice.03/16/2009... It's a Date!!!

03/16/2009: Interview done.... Approved!

03/28/2009: Green Card in mail!!! Yeay!!!

Removal of Condition 2011

02/23/2011: Sent I-751 Packet

02/25/2011: USPS Delivery Confirmation

02/28/2011: NOA

03/03/2011: Check Cashed per VSC

04/18/2011:Biometrics Appointment

08/25/2011:Approval Notice

N-400 Timeline

02/19/2012: Sent N-400 To Phoenix AR Lockbox

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I ordered online but its almost 3 business weeks now but I still havent got it. I made a call to request yesterday and now I have to wait for them for another 5-10 business days to get.

Same here. My husband ordered transcripts online on Jan 16, 2012, and we still did not get them. I had to reapply today again, but where is guarantee that I'll receive them by Feb 21, it's the date of my interview. What is going on with IRS?...:(

US Naturalization:

10/31/11.....N-400 send to Arizona Lock box

11/07/11.....Check cashed

11/12/11.....NOA received in the mail(Priority date Nov 02)(Notice date Nov 04)

12/29/11.....Got Yellow letter in the mail (to bring DL or ID for my interview)

12/29/11.....Talked to Nebraska officer via phone about transferring my case to their office

01/06/12.....Had Infopass (wanted to do biometrics, but they denied me & said they will use my old one)

01/12/12.....Status Update - An Interview has been scheduled

01/17/12.....Got my Interview letter

02/21/12.....Interview

02/21/12.....Offered same-day Oath & became US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I filed my citizenship based on marraige to a US citizen.I took all the requested tax transcripts but they were not required.you can take it to be on the same side and if it makes you feel more comfortable.Good Luck.

Regarding Birth Certificate of USC and marriage Certificate and child Birth Certificate, can we send in copies or do they have to be the originals? Now being that I'm the one applying under the 3 years married to USC rule I don't have to send in my BC again, do I? I don't see it in the document list...

copies and yes I will be sending all three and taking them along with me to the interview.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I saw this on one of the immigration forums, hope this helps: 'Whether or not applicants are specifically asked on their interview letter to bring their tax returns, they should ALWAYS take their tax returns for the last 5 yrs with them to their interview, no matter what. And it's so important for applicants in NY district office because interviewing officers in NY district office do ask for it in 99.99%of the time. It's my advise that applicants should request tax transcripts from IRS to show to USCIS than tax returns because as per USCIS interim memo to adjudication officers, officers should demand to see tax transcript than copy of tax returns. Why? Because tax transcripts are official record, which means USCIS cannot doubt about the authencity of them unlike tax returns unless you would have certified copies of your tax returns which might cost you a lot of money and time to get them.

I would also like to point it out why tax returns are so important to USCIS. Tax returns are asked particularly to verify or to find out- (a) applicants' current and previous address(s), (b) their current and previous marital status, © whether or not they have any children, (d) where and what kind of job applicants have been doing for the last 5 yrs, (e) whether or not they owe any money to IRS, (F) whether or not they have paid the REQUIRED taxes, (g) whether or not they are in violation of any IRS laws, because if they were single but filed their taxes under married status at any time, then USCIS will deny their citizenship application under the clause of having bad character. Because it will then prove that they are in a violation of IRS laws and also a person of a bad character because of cheating.

And if applicants did not pay any of the required taxes then USCIS will deny your application unless you will submit an agreement letter from IRS, State, and local tax offices showing that you have filed a tax return or have arranged to pay the taxes you owe. And whenever you would have an arrangement with IRS for the payment of owed taxes then you MUST need to bring documentation from IRS, State and local tax offices showing the current status of your repayment program. Actually, tax returns are required for many reasons at the time of naturalization.

Tax transcripts is also know as Form 1722. It takes only a few days to get all these in the mail if you would request these documents over the phone with them at 1-800-829-1040 or thru their website wherein you would need to fill out Form 4506-T. If you would prefer to get it within a few minutes then IRS can even fax them to you right away if you would provide them a fax number over the phone.

It's is very important to know that you should take both- federal and state tax returns with you...Again, both (state and federal) tax returns.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw31.html

Tax returns are relevant to the information that applicants provide on their citizenship application; thereby officer retains the right to demand these documents to verify those information.

If someone has not filed any tax return because of having no income or earning a little income, then it would still be alright so long s/he could explain it to the officer as to why s/he did not file the tax return or why s/he wasn't required to file the tax returns. And even if someone has received public assistant or is on welfare, yet still it not a problem. But if someone is unemployed, then s/he must be prepared to show/explain to INS how s/he has been supporting himself/herself without the means of any visisble income; otherwise officer might deny their case in presuming that such person is being involved in some kind of shady/illegal activities. Submitting an affidavit from someone about being supported would do the trick.'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.